The LAAC is a hotel and athletic club and it has been providing both services superbly for a very long time.
On the hotel side, it provides good hotel rooms, excellent bathroom facilities. Nice comfortable bed, small fridge in the room, and excellent wifi.
I found the service was excellent - nothing was a problem.
The breakfasts are good, and one pleasant surprise was the rule of no cell phones in the dining area or bars - it meant that I really did get a break while I ate.
There are excellent business services for the working traveller - you can work in one of the large lounges, or there are special business rooms.
But it is on the athletic club side that you really get a treat: The gym facilities are perfect - I wish that my home gym was as good - full service gym, classes, brilliant swimming pool, great service. And you can get a temporary membership if you in town for a short time.
Some of the facilities seem a bit tired, but there are renovations going on, and it really just adds to the charm of the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you need a private getaway after a long day at work, a hideaway for a romantic weekend, or accommodations for your V.I.P. guests, our 72 elegantly appointed rooms atop The Los Angeles Athletic Club await you. Guest have full access to 88,000 sq ft of athletic facilities, 3 restaurants and a rooftop lounge. Breakfast and discounted parking are also included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Los Angeles Athletic Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Los Angeles Athletic Club Hotel Los Angeles
- The Los Angeles Athletic Hotel