I stayed here with a friend for several days this month. What a unique and elegant place. Our room was beautiful, large and elegant, the free breakfast was delicious and generous, the common rooms and athletic facilities are beautifully restored and maintained. There is a romantic and nostalgic quality that reminds one of expensive private clubs of another era.
The only problem? THERE WAS NO COFFEE AVAILABLE FROM ANY SOURCE OTHER THAN THE 7-11 ACROSS THE STREET BEFORE BREAKFAST WAS SERVED (no room service, no coffee pot in lobby, no coffee maker in room). WHO WANTS TO GET DRESSED AND CROSS THE STREET IN DOWNTOWN LA JUST TO GET A CUP OF COFFEE? Since only three floors of this lovely club contain hotel rooms, it would be SO easy and convenient to place a coffee service in the elegant, marble elevator lobby of each floor beginning at 6 AM and to maintain it until 8 AM.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you need a private getaway after a long day at work, a hideaway for a romantic weekend, or accommodations for your V.I.P. guests, our 72 elegantly appointed rooms atop The Los Angeles Athletic Club await you. Guest have full access to 88,000 sq ft of athletic facilities, 3 restaurants and a rooftop lounge. Breakfast and discounted parking are also included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Los Angeles Athletic Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Los Angeles Athletic Club Hotel Los Angeles
- The Los Angeles Athletic Hotel