The Los Angeles Athletic Club Hotel
US$334
US$329
US$273
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
US$245
US$239
The Ambrose(Santa Monica)
US$347
US$330
  • Breakfast included
Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$297
  • Beachfront
Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$565
US$374
US$309
US$592
US$452
  • Pool
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$426
US$404
  • Restaurant
Shore Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$458
US$400
  • Beachfront
All reviewsbasketball courtathletic facilitiesrunning trackprivate clubdowntown lajewelry districtindoor trackmen's locker roombottega louiespa facilitiescharlie chaplinla historyolive streetswimming pooldowntown hotelunique hotelbreakfast was included
Reviewed 7 December 2010

Came to LA to catch the Roger Waters concert at Staples. Rates nearby at JW Marriot and Ritz Carlton were a little more than I wanted to spend. What a great find to discover the LA Athletic Club! Loved it, old school clubby feeling and the rooms were beautiful. We enjoyed the facilities and could have spent all day working out. 7 blocks to Staples which made for a decent walk and an easy cab ride. Neighborhood is " emerging" with several cool restaurants opening. We loved the sushi at Sugarfish 1 block from hotel. We had a nice snack waiting for us in our room when we returned from the concert. There was a coffee maker in the room and breakfast was wonderful. I will definitely stay here next time I am in LA. Thanks Trip Advisor

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Solushan
Reviewed 19 November 2010

I had a business trip to downtown LA and wanted to workout while I was there but I didn't want to run around LA at odd hours by myself. I found a place called the Los Angeles Athletic Club which offered hotel rooms as well. It seemed perfect. And it was. I live in Dallas so I was up very early and could workout before my conference. The facilities are excellent. I mainly used the track on the 7th floor and could see people doing laps on the 6th floor and people playing basketball on the 6th floor while I was running on a banked track which is about 200m or so. My coworkers used the treadmills, weights, and pool. The breakfast that came with the very nice rooms was excellent. The WiFi was excellent as well. The staff was very nice as well. It was perfect for what I wanted while on my business trip.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 November 2010

I stayed here with a friend for several days this month. What a unique and elegant place. Our room was beautiful, large and elegant, the free breakfast was delicious and generous, the common rooms and athletic facilities are beautifully restored and maintained. There is a romantic and nostalgic quality that reminds one of expensive private clubs of another era.

The only problem? THERE WAS NO COFFEE AVAILABLE FROM ANY SOURCE OTHER THAN THE 7-11 ACROSS THE STREET BEFORE BREAKFAST WAS SERVED (no room service, no coffee pot in lobby, no coffee maker in room). WHO WANTS TO GET DRESSED AND CROSS THE STREET IN DOWNTOWN LA JUST TO GET A CUP OF COFFEE? Since only three floors of this lovely club contain hotel rooms, it would be SO easy and convenient to place a coffee service in the elegant, marble elevator lobby of each floor beginning at 6 AM and to maintain it until 8 AM.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank designfan49
Reviewed 13 October 2010

I have stayed at almost every hotel in downtown L.A. and this hotel is by far my favorite for the price. The rooms are newly renovated and the beds were very comfortable. I had read other reviews that the rooms are small but the rooms with 2 queen beds are large. The breakfast was great and the service was fantastic. I will defiantly stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 September 2010

We just spent a night at the LAAC on a Friday night discount special that included parking and a full breakfast. If you want a good hotel with incredible gym facilities this is the place. The staff members are very friendly, and the breakfast was top notch with very high quality ingredients such as dates, fresh squeezed OJ, real smoked bacon, croissants etc. The Frette sheets and towels and king sized bed were also really good. The only issue was that on a Friday night there were some parties going on and you could hear the music from a distance.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple