“Wont hesitate to stay again!”

Hollywood VIP Hotel
Ranked #180 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
“Wont hesitate to stay again!”
Reviewed 19 September 2012 via mobile

It is a cheap place to stay, and that is what you get.
Nice place, awesome location!
Didnt have a problem, plenty of information for us.
The room was a bit smelly- but i have a sensitive nose and always travel with room freshner.
Furnishings are dated and old, loud but working aircon.
If they refurbish the price will go up, i am happy to stay there the way it is.
Nice breakfast, plenty of time to eat.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Littleyella14

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
GirlFromAus11
Reviewed 11 September 2012

I shared a double room with my brother for a couple of nights in August. There was no door between the bedroom and shower which made getting ready difficult. Room was very run down and needs a lot of maintenance. Wi fi in the room was very poor. The room was cheap considering it's in an excellent spot behind the Hollywood & Highland mall. There is a laundry on site which is convenient. If you're looking for a very basic no frills room in the middle of Hollywood, this could be your place.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank GirlFromAus11
Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 2 July 2012 via mobile

Great location so close to Hollywood boulevard. Hotel is dated and needs some tlc but we were happy with a clean basic room with comfy bed, good shower and excellent wifi. Helpful staff. Would stay again

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tania K
Reviewed 27 June 2012

It was much better then the first experience, hotel is simple but I was never at the hotel during the day, I just needed somewhere to sleep.
I went to universal studios, trust me that's a must go, also I went to Disneyland unbelievable experience.
Hotel needs some renovations.
I had fun in Hollywood.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Joesoantalove
Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I cancelled my reservation before checking in due to hopeless staff. I rang the hotel direct the morning of the day I was due to check in to find out the best way to get there from where I was staying in Anaheim. The girl on the phone said she didnt know or have directions how to get there - kept saying "I don't know" and when I pressed her further asking more questions trying to makeit as simple as possible - whether there was a bus or train or even a shuttle service to use her answers were always "I'm not sure" including what the name of the closest metro/train station. Surely staff should know how to give basic directions to their own hotel! I cancelled my reservation right then, found cheaper accommodation at the park plaza near the grove and farmers market, THEIR service, hotel accomodations and location on the other hand was outstanding!

Stayed June 2012, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Reviewed 5 June 2012

Great location staff friendly and helpful. Mel's dinner just down a block is worth a visit. It's a retro funky hotel

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Amanda G
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel in April, was the first hotel we stayed in for a three week trip around the states. After a long haul flight.. you just want to get to your hopefully pleasent hotel room, freshen up and decide what your doing..

Unfortunatley thats not what happened for us..We arrived and made use of the free parking, which was helpful... But we were given a room directly next to reception.. It was a decent size room, but the decor was a throw back to the 70's with the artex on the ceiling and the duvet covers and the dim lighting. The bed was decent enough though. The bathroom was dated and the taps turned forever and it was really a guessing game as to wether you were going in the right direction to get hot water or not.

After playing russian roulette with the taps (scalding hot/freezing cold) we decided to venture out, but then we found the windows wouldn't shut properly and wobbled in the frames, being on the ground floor with no safe in the room or behind reception and all our cameras/Passports/money with us, this didnt make us feel particularly comfortable, so we decided to hide as best as we could our electronics and carry all our ID's money etc with us etc. This meant we spent much of our time out worrying about the room (being next to 24hr reception comforted us a little)

The place was ideally located, you are close to the Kodak Theatre and amenities and for that the place cant be faulted and within moments we were in the mddle of it all.

In the morning we had breakfast which was interesting, the breakfast room is a small room located under the staircase.. has a couple of tables and chairs and they offer you a bread /muffins etc..but the toaster was a death trap the wires hanging down into a stretched extention cable.

Then we asked for a knife as there were none to cut open a bagel and none could be found for a while, when one was finally located, it was dirty and the receptionist used a cloth to wipe it and handed it to us?!!?.. (nothing like a simple rinse huh!)

But like the title suggests you get what you pay for, for what we payed we weren't expecting the Ritz, this was the cheapest of all the places we had pre booked on our trip. In hindsight if i was doing a long haul and LA was my first stop i would pay a bit more and choose somewhere else. If your looking for a place to put your head down and a good location then this is it, not much more..

I don't personally feel that my wife and I would stay there again though.

The staff were mostly friendly and helpful..the only sour note on this is that on the day my wife and i had to leave we had to wait nearly 45mins/hour to be seen as no one was manning the front desk.. we searched the entire hotel and even took to ringing the reception from our mobiles to see if that might draw someone out..but no..This was annoying as we had a tight schedule to keep to as we were trying to drive to the hoover dam and vegas that day..

Room Tip: Don't go for the reception room, its noisy and on the ground floor...