“Fantastic Location,Wonderful Host”

Ranked #12 of 91 Los Angeles B&B and Inns
Tenby, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Location,Wonderful Host”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Flew in from Austin Texas spent 3 nights at Elaines,stayed in PINK room which also has a large balcony it was lovely,just a 10 minute walk to Graumens Chinese Theater.If I were to stay in Hollywood again I'd would want to come back and stay at Elaines.

Room Tip: PINK ROOM nice and large with a balcony
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Bendigo, Australia
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We stayed here 3 days before Mexico and 5 days after because we wanted more time to explore Hollywood. It's a two storey home with the top floor devoted to B & B. All rooms have their own ensuite. We stayed in the largest - the Pink room which also has a large balcony. The whole house is beautifully decorated and remains first and foremost a home which makes staying their so comfortable. The bed was super comfortable. Elaine has two beautiful dogs - Sally and Casper and cat Valentino. If you love animals they are there to love. If you don't they won't bother you. Breakfast is a wonderful start to the day - not because of the food which is plentiful and fresh - but meeting other travellers and spending time chatting with them and Elaine.
Elaine is available if you need any help but otherwise it feels like the house is yours. We never heard any other guests during the evening and at night it felt like we were often they only ones there!
The B & B is in a lovely street between Sunset and Hollywood Boulevarde. Three blocks up Hollywood and you are on the Walk of Fame and all the other tourist attractions including the tourist buses. There is a great gym - L.A. Fitness and underneath a great supermarket with freshly made salads, fruit etc. The metro is also close by. Elaine can give you 'Tap Cards' to use/recharge if you want to brave the metro.
Two blocks down Sunset and you are in Fairfax Avenue. On the corner is a small gourmet supermarket. A half hour walk or so and there's the huge Beverly shopping centre - across the road is the discount outlet for a few shops including Nordstrom. The Farmer's Market, The Grove shopping centre and Tar Pits/Museum are all in the same area. If you don't like walking there's a bus down Fairfax Avenue. Also down Fairfax about 2 blocks from Sunset is Wholefoods- food is expensive but fantastic.
A five minute walk from Elaine's and you are at Runyon Canyon - great hiking, great views.
We looked at other B & B's in the same street and around the area but most of their rooms do not have their own ensuite. We could easily have stayed longer and we never stay elsewhere if we return to L.A. There is no pool or fitness centre (I say this because I couldn't change the rating scale!!)

Room Tip: The Pink Room is the largest but the other rooms look lovely. The street is so quiet it wouldn'...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lozza08
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We'd just come off a cruise and had 2 nights to kill in LA before flying home to Australia. We booked Elaine's via TA over 12 months ago and it was very easy to drive here from LAX. We had no street number but managed to ID the B&B from website photos. Free street parking is readily available. The simple continental breakfast of cold meats, cheese, and pastries was a welcome respite from our 3 weeks of shipboard gluttony. However, the best thing about Elaine's is that it lies just a few short blocks from the Hollywood Walk of Fame and there are several eateries just around the corner on Sunset Boulevard.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We'd originally booked to stay in the green room as we were travelling on a budget. However upon our arrival Elaine had told us that we'd been upgraded to the Pink room for no extra charge. This was a very pleasant surprise given the size of the room we'd paid for in NYC. The pink room was huge!!!!

We felt so at home here and the breakfast was absolutely delicious - I find that sometimes it's the little things that make a trip. Fate a look of travelling prior to arriving in LA my hair had taken a bit of battering from the air con on planes, etc. so after asking Elaine if she could recommend a hair salon on Melrose she went one step better and managed to get me an appointment with an Academy Award winning hair stylist. It was more than I'd pay at home, however what girl in their right mind would give up this opportunity! Elaine didn't know my friend or I from Adam and the fact that she went out of her way to do this was just lovely.

The B and B itself it's about a 5-10 minute walk away from the main part of the Hollywood Blvd so absolutely brilliant for us as we didn't have a car. We were only spending 2 full days in LA so the trip didn't warrant a car. Luckily there were a couple staying in the B and B who had a car and they kindly let us grab a ride with them to Venice Beach!

If I were to want do stay in Hollywood again I'd absolutely come back and stay at Elaine's.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I had a great time in Hollywood/LA. Elaine and friends went out of thier way to make sure I knew where to go and what was doing.
I stayed in the PINK ROOM and it was beautiful. I immediately felt like part of the family and was able to come and go as I pleased.
I was able to talk these ladies into going to a Wayne Shorter concert with me and they gave me a VIP tour of the Hollywood Hills on the way.

Great location! Easily accessible to everything I needed. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank LostNAustin
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 8 September 2013

The house is beautiful, at a walk distance from the "walk of fame" and the "Chinese theatre".
Elaine is great, gives a lot of good advices and prepares delicious breakfast!
In the house there are also two dogs and a cat, very quiet and nice with the guests, but keep in mind if you are allergic!!!
I was there with my boyfriend(in the green room) and we really enjoyed our days in hollywood.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank brivia55
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We stayed for one night because of a mistake in the reservations calendar of another B&B (Dresden’s B&B) and it ended being a lucky change for us. Beautiful, cozy room with private bathroom, good breakfast and nice people. Jerry and Avik were kind and helpful, so now we wish we stayed all of our nights with them and didn’t have to change to the other B&B, that was much worst.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple