We stayed here when American Airlines delayed a flight. They paid for the room. We were tired from waiting at the airport for hours and were looking forward to some quiet rest.
The airport is right in the flight path for LAX so it was loud. We were tired enough it wasn't a huge problem but it was noticeable.
The bathroom sink barely drained and the faucet seemed more designed for looks rather than function - water came out very slowly.
The shower finally warmed up as I was finishing my shower, at least my husband got hot water. They have very expensive rain water shower heads but what's the point if the water is cold.
Check in was fairly fast. They did give us coupons for coffee and a breakfast sandwich since the airline hadn't given us food vouchers, which the hotel didn't have to do. It was a Starbucks kiosk - coffee was good but the sandwiches were cold. I would have been upset if I had paid for it.
They had an efficient free airport shuttle.
For a free night it wasn't bad, but I suspect most people pay $$$ for this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Los Angeles Airport, just four blocks from Los Angeles International Airport, offers easy access to major corporations, marvelous shopping, sunny beaches and fine restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Westin Los Angeles Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Los Angeles Airport Hotel Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Westin
- Westin Lax
- Westin Los Angeles Airport