“A good place to stay if you need to be near the airport”

The Westin Los Angeles Airport
Ranked #51 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
Hoboken, New Jersey
“A good place to stay if you need to be near the airport”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I decided to stay here for my 3 day trip to LA since I had an early flight out and wanted the points. Unfortunately was somewhat disappointed....I knew there was nothing around the airport so dinner would have to consist of the Daily Grill located inside. Typical airport hotel atmosphere (lots of business men and people getting drunk before their overnight flight to Asia). I was disappointed that they charged me for wifi both in the restaurant and then separately when I got to my room (ultimately they removed one of the charges) and as a previous review indicated the in room connection was very poor.
Bed was standard for a Westin but the bathroom was sub par.
I paid $175 per night through SPG.com and found this very high for the room itself and overall property.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Laurenkarl
TheWestinLAX, Guest Experience Coordinator at The Westin Los Angeles Airport, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Hello Laurenkarl,

Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent stay here at The Westin Los Angeles Airport. We are terribly sorry to hear your recent stay did not meet your expectations. It is truly our desire that each of our guests leave feeling better than when they arrived.

We hope you will give us another chance if you are ever in need of accommodations in Los Angeles. We would love the opportunity to provide you with the personal, instinctive and renewing experience you deserve.

Guest Experience Coordinator

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (604)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Stayed here for one night in September 2013. The hotel is easy to find and has a large parking garage attached. We managed to park easily, and I was impressed with the large hotel lobby - really it was very welcoming and felt nice. As we were checking in around midnight, the computer systems were going through maintenance. As a platinum SPG member, no upgrades or special treatments were offered.

The room I was allocated was fine - although much more dated than the lobby of the hotel would suggest. It was adequate for a one night stay.

Shortly after arriving at my room (just past midnight), I heard the keycard reader activate and a man enter my room. It was dark, and I obviously immediately started shouting for him to leave, which he did. I then quickly dressed, and went out to the hallway to notice a man who was clearly a member of staff walk away as though noting had happened.

Checkout was a pain at this location. The priority line was longer than the regular line, but yet there were more staff manning the regular desks. Upon mentioning the man entering my room to the desk agent, he didn’t seem bothered at all, until I pushed the issue, when he reluctantly issued me a few points as compensation. No apology, which I found highly unacceptable. For this reason alone, I would be very reluctant to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank liamuk2
Hello liamuk2,

Thank you for sharing your comments from your recent stay. We are disappointed to hear your stay with us was not up to your expectations. It is truly our goal to have each guest leave feeling better than when they arrived.

We hope you will accept our apologies for the disturbance in your room and for the unacceptable service from the Front Desk. Rest assured that we have shared your comments with the applicable managers for follow up and corrections.

We do hope you will join us again soon. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Not one to complain. Found the room clean and had all I needed. Shuttle service to airport was great and appreciated. I had won this room on a Priceline bid and check in seemed just fine. When I got to my connecting flight on my way home I realized I was billed by hotel again.
Long story short I contacted accounting at the hotel. They have vowed to remove the extra charge on my credit card. I hope this works out in the end but mind yourself with the front desk and checkout procedures. My bad for not insisting on copy of my invoice ... I asked but was too nice.

• Stayed November 2013
Hello Babzee99,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are terribly sorry to hear of and hope you will accept our sincerest apologies for the billing errors. We do hope the second charge has already been adjusted on your account. If not, please email us at westinlax.folio@westin.com so we can resolve this issue as soon as possible.

We sincerely appreciate your business hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Los Ranchos de Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 26 November 2013

The hotel was our pre cruise location for NCL cruise line.
Stayed one night here,airport hotel pickup .
Have stayed in Westin in Long beach Ca. And in Washington DC.
Never have been disappointed.
Nice room, friendly staff,great lobby,very comfortable when you want to relax with free wifi.
Restaurant, a bit expensive but well worth it. Bar service was good as well.
Certainly will stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
TheWestinLAX, Guest Experience Coordinator at The Westin Los Angeles Airport, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Hello Michael D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are delighted to read you had a great stay with us before your cruise. We are also thrilled to hear we were able to provide you with a comfortable place to rest and renew.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best,

Germantown, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Stayed at the Westin LAX for one night following an evening arrival on a flight from China and not flying home until the following day. Called the hotel for the shuttle, and it arrived in 10 minutes with a very pleasant, friendly and polite driver. He made us immediately feel special and acted as if he genuinely enjoyed his job. Very friendly and professional staff at check in, and even a few hours later when I returned to the Reception counter with a question, the very professional young lady greeted me by name - very impressive! Sorry I do not remember the names of the shuttle driver and young lady who checked me in since I had been traveling for more than a day and very jet lagged. We had a flight with horrible service and attitudes, and this was such a nice change to be welcomed by friendly and professional hotel staff members.

This hotel is a little dated and while the rooms do not have all of the bells and whistles as a newer property might have, they were clean and comfortable and the Heavenly Bed was just that - HEAVENLY!! Probably the best night's sleep I have ever had in any hotel!! Loved the bed, and the choices of pillows. Refrigerator and safe in the room. We were on the 3rd floor facing Century Blvd, but it was very quiet and we did not hear any noise from the cars on Century Blvd. going to and from the airport during the night.

Breakfast was not included in our rate. They have a restaurant on site and an area near the Reception desk that sells coffee and pastries, but we left early the next morning and did not eat before leaving. There is a restaurant on site for dinner, but we did not eat there since we had eaten dinner prior to arriving at the hotel. There is not much within walking distance of the hotel, but there is a Taco Bell across the street, a McDonalds about 2 blocks away if you exit the hotel and turn to the right, and a Denny's Restaurant about 2 blocks away if you exit the hotel and turn to the left. This is a great hotel to be close to LAX for a layover. If you have a full day there before a night flight, I believe you can check out and store your bags and take a trolley to a shopping mall and/or beach area - we did not have time to do this but I read something about a trolley running for $7.00 round trip and stops are made at many of the hotels on Century Blvd, including the Westin. Ask at the front desk. We have stayed at several other LAX area hotels during layovers, but this was our first time at the Westin. It will now be our "go to" hotel when we need to spend the night at LAX. About a mile from the airport. Complimentary Shuttle runs every 15 minutes from the hotel to airport. Also free WiFi in the lobby. Highly recommended, and you will LOVE the Heavenly beds, especially if you are returning from a long flight from countries where beds feel like nothing more than a piece of plywood! You will sleep like a baby! For those arriving by car and needing to park at the hotel, contact the hotel for the current rate per day for parking - I believe I saw a sign that said $35 per day for parking - they are also a pet friendly hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
TheWestinLAX, Guest Experience Coordinator at The Westin Los Angeles Airport, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Hello LeslieG_8,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write such a comprehensive review, not just of your hotel stay but of the nearby area as well! We know other travelers will find it very helpful also.

We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It is truly our pleasure to provide you with the heavenly experience you deserve.

As your LAX hotel of choice, we are truly looking forward to your many return visits.

Remain Well,

Spartanburg, South Carolina
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for years. It is convenient for business trips. The gym is great. The cleanliness of the room is not great. My room always smells moldy when i entered. The chair was dirty and there was someone else's hair in the bathtub.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Hello Julie J,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Reading of your experience during your time with us is extremely disappointing. It is truly our desire that each of our guests leave The Westin Los Angeles Airport feeling better than they did when they arrived. Rest assured that the state of your guestroom has been shared with our Housekeeping management for immediate follow up and corrections.

We hope you will give us another chance to provide you with the high level of service that our staff provides.

Cape May Beach
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I often use LAX as a starting point for a trip to CA. I decided to try the Westin this time near LAX. I have tried several others, which were generally unpleasant. This will be my go-to hotel at LAX. It was wonderful. Despite our room begin on the runway side, there was little to no noise if the window was closed. I liked watching the planes land, too. The room was lovely and the bed very comfortable. The bar was nice. We had interactions with about 20 staff members during our stay. All but one were very nice, friendly and helpful. It was a very good experience. One more plus is the location. It is next-door to a building with several car rental companies including ours, so we could just walk over to pick up the car (original plan was to take the shuttle back to the airport and get the car rental shuttle). That saved us an hour of lugging suitcases. I should also mention, since the bar tender did not, that they have happy hour with half price food and drinks - I found out too late (it was on the menu). They also have the same menu as the restaurant. Also, although everyone in the hotel says there is no where nearby to eat an inexpensive dinner, Denny's is only a block away. I didn't find out until the next day, but enjoyed having breakfast there for a change.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Hello DonCapeMayBeach,

Thank you so much for the comprehensive review of our hotel and for your recent stay. As a frequent traveler, we are pleased to hear you had a great experience staying with us. We are also delighted to know that we will be your “go-to hotel at LAX.”

It is truly our pleasure to serve you. We look forward to your many returns.

Be Well,