“Lost in transit....?”

Ranked #55 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Singapore, Singapore
“Lost in transit....?”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Stayed overnight here after a very long flight from Singapore, transiting towards Nevada. As I expected with most airport located accommodations, there is nothing to expect - they're based near hotels for the sake of convenience, also to facilitate large conferences, exhibitions, corporate meetings etc. The rooms are bland, just as the lounge, lobby, etc. I checked in early afternoon and slept for most of the time till next morning. The location is too far away to make a trip downtown, so I didn't even bother. I stayed as a transit gust, and the hotel served it's purpose well.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank gul1957
TheWestinLAX, Guest Experience Coordinator at The Westin Los Angeles Airport, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Hello gul1957,

Thank you for sharing comments from your recent overnight stay. We are delighted to hear we were able to provide you with a convenient place to rest and renew in between your flights.

We look forward to serving you again soon.

Guest Experience Coordinator

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (590)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Stockton, California
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I have staying in this hotel many times and the service is always outstanding. The employees are all friendly and willing to help out with any questions or requests. I would agree with others that the rooms and bathrooms are a little dated and may be ready for a remodel. That being said they have some of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in and never have problems falling asleep! I have always stayed at this hotel when flying in and out early from LAX. The hotel shuttle is always available and ready to go even at 4am. I will continue to use this hotel in the future because of the great reliable service!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Hello jennifer k,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear you always enjoy your time with us and you consistently find comfort in our signature Heavenly beds.

We look forward to your return visits!

Tucson
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I Stayed here one night before flying out of LAX. Staff was great...the room? Average at best. I have stayed in many Westin Hotels and this one just seems dated, popcorn ceilings, closet door off the tracker, end table lamp in-op, I could go on but I was only staying one night.

The one constant with Westin is the beds, and this one lives up to their reputation, very comfortable. Its an average stay at best, not the "Westin" standard I know, so don't over-pay for your stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
TheWestinLAX, Guest Experience Coordinator at The Westin Los Angeles Airport, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Hello DesertFlyer,

Thank you for spending the time providing us with feedback from your recent stay. We are terribly sorry to hear your recent stay did not meet your expectations and was not up to par with Westin standards. We hope you will accept our sincerest apologies that you were not able to have the heavenly experience you were expecting.

It would truly be our pleasure to welcome you back again soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 March 2014

In over a hundred stays with spg last year this is my first complaint. I do not like to do it but I feel I need to. The hotel room was unbelievably noisy from the adjoining rooms and hallways all night long. Westin usually has a closed club on weekends but do not expect anything in its place. I was offered a free cup of coffee, piece of fruit and a pastry at Starbucks for breakfast and the line was about 12 people long with 1 worker. Upon arrival to the room I had to double check I had the right room as a room service tray filled with dirty dishes was in front of my room door which stayed there for at least 7 hours. Not the quality you would expect for a place that charges $35 to park. Upon check out I usually hear "How was your stay?" Not here and when I suggested I had disappointment it was clear the front staff could care less. The majority of the staff at the hotel was unfriendly unlike Los Angeles. I could go on but I will end here. Sheraton Gateway and four points lax are much better stays.

Room Tip: Hard to do because the planes going by did not bother me it was the internal noise.
Hello Kevin S,

Thank you for providing us with feedback from your recent stay. We are terribly sorry to hear your recent stay was not as expected. It is truly our desire that each of our guests leave The Westin Los Angeles Airport feeling better than they did when they arrived.

We hope you will give us another chance if you are ever in need of accommodations in Los Angeles. We would love the opportunity to provide you with the service and experience you deserve.

Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I spent one night at this hotel and thought it was decent. The lobby is big and magnificent, the rooms are standard. Had dinner in the Daily Grill restaurant and had an excellent meal with excellent service.

Petaluma, California
Reviewed 11 March 2014

The shuttle drive from the airport is not long, but you should allow at least 20 minutes for traffic. The shuttle also stops at the Four Points. The lobby is impressive, the staff is efficient and courteous. The rooms are clean and comfortable with good sound proofing.

Room Tip: All rooms appear to be fine.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Hello efspetaluma,

We are so happy to hear that we could provide you with a convenient place to rest and renew. Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor; we look forward to serving you again soon!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I have stayed at this Westin several times, specially when I have catch an early morning flight from LAX. Very close to the airport. Hotel rooms are in OK condition, needs some upgrading. Overall good value and good location.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
TheWestinLAX, Guest Experience Coordinator at The Westin Los Angeles Airport, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Hello MonsoonPhoto2014,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We are glad to hear that we are able to provide you with a convenient and comfortable place to rest and renew before your early morning flights.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.