“Westin LAX”

The Westin Los Angeles Airport
Ranked #58 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This is a large hotel and was pretty busy when I checked in. However, I didn't wait in line very long and the front desk staff was very pleasant. The room was standard but clean and comfortable. This hotel is within walking distance to a Subway restaurant and a convenience store. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
TheWestinLAX, Guest Experience Coordinator at The Westin Los Angeles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Hello Hotels2ndhome,

Thank you for sharing. We are delighted to hear that you received such great service during your time with us. The team will be thrilled to hear we were able to provide you with the personal, instinctive and renewing experience you deserve.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I tried to leave the following on their web site, but because they hadn't given me a scrap of paper I lacked in itinerary number (their form didn't allow me to comment without it). I'll do this here - "First, let me say that you have a wonderful facility. Yesterday (5/20) my wife fell ill in Santa Barbara. We were supposed to fly out of LAX that afternoon but she was unable to fly. We chose your hotel as a place to give her a chance to recuperate. We made our reservation through Amex Platinum - one king bed. We paid a little more for that (not sure why). At check in, the desk person put us in a room with two doubles - and may have charged us the higher price. When I called his attention to this, he seemed uninterested in what I thought I'd reserved. He made zero effort to reconcile what I said and what his computer said. Hours later I received a call from a very nice man offering to move us. Let's see - 9:30PM, sick wife finally asleep.... Uh, no. "Let me buy your breakfast." A very kind gesture, to be sure. We intended to sleep right up to the last second, jump on your shuttle and try to get home. The hotel was gorgeous, and everyone else couldn't have been nicer. After a miserable night in Santa Barbara, hours on the phone rearranging travel plans and a stressful LA drive the last thing I needed was someone treating me like I'd never before checked into a hotel."

1  Thank JimnPat
TheWestinLAX, Guest Experience Coordinator at The Westin Los Angeles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Hello, JimnPat:
We understand that the impression left upon your welcome to Westin is of the highest importance, and we apologize that it seems to have gone awry this time around. That being said, thank you for your kind words regarding our style, ambiance, and other services you received while here. Please extend our well wishes to your wife. When your travels bring you back this way, you are welcome to reach out to us to attend to the details of your return.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Very nice hotel and much better than I expected for an airport hotel. Nice spacious lobby, comfortable spaces, very clean room, and very comfortable bed. I used the shuttle service and it was very convenient and reliable. No negatives during my stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Hello Toomanydaysontheroad,

Nothing warms our hearts more than learning that we have exceeded our guest's expectations. It is truly our pleasure to ensure that you are well cared for during your time with us and that you enjoy your time in Los Angeles.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Don't get me wrong: first impressions are highly favorable. The airport shuttle pick-up, the acres of polished marble in the entrance lobby, the soaring ceiling in the public spaces, even the "clubby" Grill restaurant - the only one they have, by the way, unless you enjoy tapas sitting at the bar (something I find revolting). Then come the negatives: the room safe wouldn't open (the previous dope had left it locked, but empty), one of the bed lamps had given up the ghost (but both were fixed almost straight away, but where is the quality control?, because the last thing one wants to do after a tiring flight is to fix up something that shouldn't have to be). Of course the hotel is perfectly situated close to LAX which is why most of us choose to stay there. The rooms are not double-glazed, so you do get the residual take-off noises but, for the most part, you'll get a great night's sleep in their oh-so-comfy beds. But the real surprise came in the Club lounge, a haven of tranquility on the top (i.e. 12th) floor, accessed by your Club room key. It's small, but compact, with a lot of tables and black leather/vinyl chairs, good views over the car parks to the distant areas beyond, an extremely friendly, capable and efficient Club server (a big bouquet to Isabel!) and generous snacks served between 1700-1900. BUT..... having experienced SPG Clubs all over the world, including Sheratons, Westins and members of the Luxury Collection including, most recently, the Joule (Dallas,TX) and The Nines (Portland,Ore), why on earth they charge for a glass of wine ($8.00-10.00) is quite beyond me, but I daresay there's always a first time for everything. But in a Club room? C'mon, SPG, you can do far better than that! We customers are the reason you exist, not to be exploited in such a cavalier fashion.....

Room Tip: I'd go for the odd-numbered Club Rooms on the 11thy. level: they're quiet, and with great vi...

Hello mccorquinn,

We thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are happy to hear that you found convenience in our complimentary airport shuttle, and that you got a great night’s sleep in our signature Heavenly bed. With that being said, we would like to apologize for any other inconveniences we caused you during your stay. It is truly our goal to have you leave feeling better than when you arrived.

We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I really enjoyed staying here despite its location. Great service, great little features of the Westin brand such as green choice of forgoeing housekeeping and getting a $5 food voucher instead, their heavenley bed, etc. If you don't mind hanging out in their nice lobby and bar, you can tap into the free wifi. Otherwise pay for in your room. The only downfall is location - nothing nearby to walk to to eat or shop at, so you are car or taxi restricted. So either rent or cab to get around from here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
TheWestinLAX, Guest Experience Coordinator at The Westin Los Angeles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Hello tortitabby,

Thank you for sharing such wonderful feedback from your recent stay. It is truly delightful to read that you enjoyed your time here with us. It is our true desire to give our guests the renewing and relaxing experience they deserve.

We look forward to your return. It is our pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I flew into Los Angeles to attend 2 Dodger baseball games and found the Westin LAX perfect for a late night and easy return to the airport. Easy access to freeways and beautiful hotel. Very nicely treated, wonderful service and very comfortable rooms PLUS quiet!

Room Tip: I stayed on the airport side and it had very little of any noise.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Hello RSL201,

We are so glad to hear that we could provide you with a convenient place to rest and renew while you were in Los Angeles! It is truly our pleasure to serve you and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

There are 3 SPG properties within the vicinity of LAX. The 1st two are slightly closer to the airport with Westin being (slightly) further (8-10min drive from Lax)

This is also the cheapest for all 3.

We stayed here for 2 stays across 10 days and find the hotel adequate for our needs (large room, good club lounge with breakfast served) and a very helpful reception and concierge service.

There is a $10 self-parking charge (per day)

Will stay here again if I were around LAX.

Hello LorenceLeef,

Thank you for sharing comments from your stay with us. We truly appreciate your business and strive to provide our guests with the heavenly experience they deserve.

Thank you for staying with us. We hope to serve you again soon.