“WHAT A GREAT STAY”

The Westin Los Angeles Airport
Ranked #54 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

This place was amazing. From the guys out front to the smiling ladies cleaning the rooms. I was there for a conference and every aspect was very well attended too.
I can say the Smart Food Came in handy and the workout made my day.
Of you get a chance stay there and enjoy.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (3,584)

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed here for about 5 hours for a layover to get some sleep before a flight out in the AM. Never had any issues with the property even though the hotel was booked solid. We told them that United had put us here as they had rooms blocked off so we did not have a problem staying that night. Good sleep without any noise or disturbances. Would stay at this property again if I have the chance as it is very close to LAX

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed overnight at this property and found it to be a rather nice property considering it's proximity to the airport. I typically find that other hotels are run down because of the larger amount of guests coming through near an airport but I was glad to see that this Westin was well-kept. I experienced the typical SPG service and was checked in very quickly upon arrival.

My room was of good size (see photos I submitted) and I enjoyed their Westin bed. I will say that I was disappointed with the lack of amenities in the bathroom; I'm used to having the typical shower caps, cups, etc. but you have to call or text them to get these. I did forget my toothbrush and they brought one to me in about 20 minutes.

There is a large desk area to work on and convenient to have a nice coffee maker in the room, if you are a caffeine drinker. Room was traditionally modern in decor.

If you rent a car, like I did, you can either use the valet service or self-park. I typically valet to make it easier but when I called down to have my car brought up, and before I had checked out, my car still hadn't been brought around. When I asked the valet about my car, they hadn't even gone to get it yet. So I had to wait another 10 minutes. Apparently, the operator I spoke to hadn't conveyed to the valet to get my car. This irritated me admittedly.

I would probably stay here again if I had to. However, it wouldn't be my first choice because they don't have consistent strong customer service. And this is coming from an SPG platinum member.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Irene W
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times in the past and usually pick it as it is convenient to LAX and several of the freeways which I use. Since my last stay they have moved the coffee cart that is located in the lobby to a little room off to the side of the check-in counter creating a nice little area to have your simple morning coffee and muffin, etc. There is a full service restaurant downstairs as well serving food all day. The rooms are standard size hotel rooms, nothing special. The bed is the heavenly beds that Westin is famous for and very comfortable. The bathroom is a bit on the small side with just a single sink. The shower does have the curtain rod that bends out making the tub seem a bit bigger since the curtain doesn't drop straight down. Also, the shower does have the nice "waterfall" shower head as well as the European hand held shower option. The furnishings are getting a bit dated. They do have tons of Airline crew staying at the hotel, so maybe they feel they don't need to update much. The pricing was OK for the location

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DNAZ_SF
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

This was disappointing for two reasons. First, the shuttle capacity is inadequate. It comes too infrequently and takes too long, due to its stop at the Four Points (where it didn't have enough room to get everyone). Westin needs its own shuttle. The other reviews here suggest the hotel is aware or this issue but nothing suggests they are fixing it. Second, the room I booked was, they said, unavailable. I was given an accessible room. Not the end of the world, but no apology, and as SPG Platinum I am supposed to be upgraded to the best available room. The hotel was not full. Overall, this property degrades the Westin brand.

Stayed: July 2014
TheWestinLAX, Guest Experience Coordinator at The Westin Los Angeles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Greetings once more from Los Angeles, lionshead.

We apologize that the shuttle service and recognition for your SPG Platinum status did not live up to the standards of service for which Westin Hotels & Resorts are renowned. Thank you for taking the time to share with us your valuable feedback so that we may work toward improving the experience we provide. Rest assured that since your time with us, we have taken action to enhance the service our guests receive from Destination Shuttle Service. It is this passion for becoming better than we were the day before which makes us a popular destination for SPG Platinum members. Although it didn’t seem to translate, we do appreciate your loyalty and apologize to learn that the room we selected for you wasn’t the most comfortable. If there is anything we can do to fully renew your faith in us, you are welcome to reach out to us at Westinlax.promotions@westin.com

Regards,

Guest Experience Coordinator

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed the night at the westin before our flight the following morning. The price was great for a Starwood property that included 7 days of parking. Obviously it is an airport hotel so it brings down the glamour of some other westins, but you still get the heavenly bed and shower. We sat at the bar and had some cocktails and apps from the daily grill. That was pretty good. The lobby is clean and people were friendly. The next morning we waited about 10 min for the shuttle. That was great but still had to go to four points to pick up others so make sure you give yourself plenty of time to get to airport. Upon return though we waited 30 minutes for shuttle to pick us up. The other hotels shuttles came by more than once. This was a downfall. The only other thing to watch for is your bill at check out they charged us for parking on top of our package and now we have to wait a few weeks to get that money back. All in all, I would stay there again. It is good enough.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed here at the conclusion of a 3-week European trip/cruise, as we've done a few times -- before driving home. Although the restaurant is still good (separate review), the hotel is not new, and its age shows a little in furnishings and fixtures, etc. That is minor, as we're jet-lagged and needing rest.

Service is cordial and attentive. Our room was clean; the bed comfortable (even if I awoke still on Europe time!). Self-parking is about $20 per night, which is irritating until you realize that ALL parking around LAX can be that way. (They do have a free shuttle if you're not driving.)

Room Tip: Surprisingly, airport or street noise isn't much of a problem.