I stayed here for two nights on a recent business trip. I really thought this was one of the better choices in the LAX area within easy shuttle distance to the airport. If you want to stay farther away, of course there are more picturesque places. Check-in was fast and the staff was friendly. It helps if you are SPG preferred and ideally gold or above so you can get the check-in amenity. Parking costs money, but that's typical for an airport hotel. They will let you park in front of the hotel for 20 minutes or so if you want to fetch something and don't want to pay for a full night.
The staff was really helpful. I had to receive a fax, and it was delivered directly to my room and right on time.
The hotel breakfast was good but expensive. There are not a lot of other obvious choices nearby, so you may want to get more organized and do the research in advance if you don't want to spend $15-20 per person.
The shuttle is shared with the Four Points, and with the airport construction underway, it's not the fastest. They say to allow 45 minutes from the hotel to the airport, which could be true, but at 5:30 am it was faster.
I'd definitely stay here again if I wanted to be close to LAX. It's also not that far away from Santa Monica or Venice Beach, and there is a bus line between LAX and Santa Monica.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Los Angeles Airport, just four blocks from Los Angeles International Airport, offers easy access to major corporations, marvelous shopping, sunny beaches and fine restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com and Southall Travel so you can book your The Westin Los Angeles Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Los Angeles Airport Hotel Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Westin
- Westin Lax
- Westin Los Angeles Airport