“too bad”

Ranked #54 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
LA
“too bad”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

The room has many problem. light,bath,snack bar and pillow.. pillow was very dirty. did you clean the room?

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank yeoeun
TheWestinLAX, Guest Experience Coordinator at The Westin Los Angeles Airport, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
We apologize, yeoeun, that your accommodations did not meet your expectations and therefore did not meet our standards. We certainly hope that you brought this to our attention while you were here and that we were able to rectify the causes of your concern. If you did not, please reach out to us via e-mail at WestinLAX.promotions@westin.com so that we may learn more from you, and investigate and take corrective action.

Stay in touch,

Guest Experience Coordinator

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (591)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Scottsdale, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Booked this hotel on S-West's website. The 1 night rate on the website was a special at $153. I decided to give them a try. Arrived around 8 pm. Upon entering the property there was a sign stating that there would be $25/ night parking fee for guests! This was not an option as there was no other parking available. Upon arrival to the front desk, I was informed that there was a $12/day internet fee. I complained to the management about the hidden charges and they said they don't control S-West's website and that the charges are listed on the Westin website. They are not. There is only mention of "additional fees" may apply. I would not have booked the room for $200/night. I expressed my concern to management by using a bad word. When I got to my room, the phone was ringing. it was Eduardo, the manager at the front desk. He told me that he wanted me to come down and apologize to the front desk staff. I said I would not. He said he would continue to call me all night long until I came down and apologized. I hung up. He called back again and I hung up again. He called a third time and I disconnected the phone lines. I complained to Westin Corporate and was told the hotel would refund the internet charge. They have not done so yet. Plus, I did not receive my 150 S-West bonus points for staying there. I travel/stay about 8-10 nights per month. I have never had to pay for parking or internet. I have never been threatened by a member of hotel management. My final cost at checkout was $215! STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Stephen F
Montana City, Montana
Reviewed 10 August 2014

got stuck in LA when plane got cancelled.. I was tired it was near 1am and I had been traveling all day.. Got a voucher from the airport to this hotel.
Was expecting the basics...
Just amazing... The bed was huge and the most comfortable ever.
I wish I would have known I wouldn't have gotten a flight at 6am ... LOL
Just amazing!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Thank you, Pansy77th, for taking the time to share your 5-star review of your short-but-sweet night in a king-sized Heavenly Bed at The Westin Los Angeles Airport. You are welcome to return anytime. Until then, sleep well.

Milwaukee
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I stayed here for two nights on a recent business trip. I really thought this was one of the better choices in the LAX area within easy shuttle distance to the airport. If you want to stay farther away, of course there are more picturesque places. Check-in was fast and the staff was friendly. It helps if you are SPG preferred and ideally gold or above so you can get the check-in amenity. Parking costs money, but that's typical for an airport hotel. They will let you park in front of the hotel for 20 minutes or so if you want to fetch something and don't want to pay for a full night.
The staff was really helpful. I had to receive a fax, and it was delivered directly to my room and right on time.
The hotel breakfast was good but expensive. There are not a lot of other obvious choices nearby, so you may want to get more organized and do the research in advance if you don't want to spend $15-20 per person.
The shuttle is shared with the Four Points, and with the airport construction underway, it's not the fastest. They say to allow 45 minutes from the hotel to the airport, which could be true, but at 5:30 am it was faster.
I'd definitely stay here again if I wanted to be close to LAX. It's also not that far away from Santa Monica or Venice Beach, and there is a bus line between LAX and Santa Monica.

Room Tip: Look for one facing south, but most of them will have some aircraft noise.
Green Features: They didn't replace the towels that I wanted to save, which was nice. Housekeeping sometimes replaces the towels regardless of your choice.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
It is always a delight to receive kind words from a TripAdvisor Top Contributor, John M. Thank you for sharing your honest and thorough review The Westin Los Angeles Airport and for the 4-star rating. As your travels bring you through LAX, we look forward to your continued loyalty.

Dayton OH
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I made a reservation via the phone reservation line for me and a client traveling with me. My client had even called them again to confirm his information. When we checked in, there was no reservation for my client.

When I made the reservation, the agent told me that breakfast was included in the rate and that it was 'the best breakfast on the west coast.' When I checked in the desk agent said I had a choice of the free continental breakfast or the exec. club lounge breakfast. When I went to get breakfast the next morning, the exec. club lounge wasn't available because it was Friday. So the only breakfast included was baked items from the Starbucks cart in the lobby. Also, my client had a 6 am flight and there were no breakfast options open in the hotel before 6. Other Westins I have stayed at provided a takeaway hot breakfast in that situation. The hotel restaurant had breakfast available but did not appear to be anything special.

Also, the air conditioner in my room did not work properly. I called the front desk to have it looked at and left my room for dinner. When I returned, the only thing different seemed to be that the thermostat had been lowered. No one had left me a message telling me what was done. The air conditioner was still not working properly.

Also, the drink options included in the exec. club lounge were sodas. Beer, etc. could only be charged to the room, not paid for there.

The self parking garage was fairly convenient.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that doesn't face the runway.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank dayton_dan
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 8 August 2014

So we stayed here in Feb of 2013 and again in July 2014.

I still think it's the best of the LAX airports I have stayed at (5 different ones) with the wonderfully comfortable beds and the Daily Grill downstairs is great (had breakfast, lunch and dinner).

This time around there were a few changes to my experience.... I feel the shuttle bus from/to the airport could be more frequent. It runs approximately every 25 mins and when you have gotten off a long flight with kids and see shuttles from other hotels going past multiple times, it is a bit irritating... and it also adds to the anxiety associated with getting to the airport in time. Related to this, we called for assistance with our bags but no one came after 25 mins so I had to end up finding my own baggage cart and doing it myself.... this detracted from our experience particularly as it's the last thing you remember.... finally on the negative side, the shuttle driver was not the best driver.... bordered on dangerous.

On the plus side, whenever we asked for something for our room (e.g. slippers or coffee) we would get a follow up call to make sure it was delivered... this was a nice touch but perhaps a bit over the top.

I would stay here again as the beds are the best I have slept in in any hotel around the world... a very important factor... and we do like the food.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank goinghome04
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I've stayed here before and came back because this hotel is dependable for clean rooms, good environment, and good service. If you need to be by the airport it's a great choice. While the hotel has some age to it, the staff does quite well with keeping things looking fresh. My room was clean and my bed was very comfortable. I ate at the steakhouse restaurant and it's was good. Service was better than the food though. Server was very attentive, but also gave me my space. Front desk check in process was wonderful. Quick and attentive staff during check in. They were also kind enough to put me in the quieter side of the hotel. But to be honest, I've stayed on the airport landing side and slept like a rock. So the windows are good because I could barely hear the planes on the "noisy" side. And the "quiet" side was also good too. But I will say if you like to watch planes fly in I would recommend the side that you can do that. My last stay I ordered wine and watched the planes fly in from my window for hours cause I'm nerdy like that. :) Overall if you want a dependable choice without the drama I would stay here. But if you are looking for ultimate luxury, super modern decor, and pampering... this is not it.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank ToastedBean
TheWestinLAX, Guest Experience Coordinator at The Westin Los Angeles Airport, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
From each associate at The Westin Los Angeles Airport, thank you, ToastedBean, for your continued loyalty. It is delightful to know that you have noticed the benefits of our dedication to keeping Westin better than we were the day before. We look forward to your many returns. Travel well and stay in touch.