“Great hotel”

The Westin Los Angeles Airport
Ranked #53 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Great hotel as any Westin but compared to price was expecting better rooms and service. Westin shuttle takes forever to arrive at Lax and frequency is every 30- 40 minutes. Hotel room is great but price wise on pretty higher end - in room service is good but Again expect better for the high prices charged. Will recommend albeit warning that without coupon/savings code it is way too expensive.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
TheWestinLAX, Guest Experience Coordinator at The Westin Los Angeles Airport, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your review of your recent Westin experience. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back next time your travels bring you through LAX so that we may have another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Guest Experience Coordinator

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (591)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Smyrna, Tennessee
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I stay here a few times a year and arrive very late at night. I have complained twice to management abut the housekeeping staff and slamming every door in the hallway as they clean room in the mornings. Even with do not disturb signs on the door they are still slamming doors. Obviously falls on deaf ears. I am not deaf, and could never sleep through such racket! If you plan on sleeping in, forget it at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
On behalf of the leadership of The Westin, we apologize to you, vwcrewcab, that your experiences with us have not met your expectations. Rest assured we are listening and focusing our training based on your feedback. We look forward to your continued returns in which we can showcase the benefits of these efforts.

New York
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I stayed in this hotel for work and loved it. My hotel-room and bathroom were extremely spacious and clean. I had free Starbucks Coffee in my room and the Wi-Fi was fast and I experienced no issues with it. I also used the gym every day and enjoyed seeing the sun go up while running on the treadmill. The complimentary breakfast was not much and it consisted of a regular coffee, a piece of fruit, and a bakery item, but it did the trick for me as I was on the go anyhow. The hotel always has taxis lined up and also they have a shuttle to and from the airport. I would most certainly like to stay here again! Note that the hotel also has a gift shop, a restaurant, and a bar which I all visited and were in a good condition with friendly service.

Room Tip: My window had a view on the airport runway as the curtains and windows were thick I had no issues wi...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thank you, Squeegee1982, for sharing with TripAdvisor your 5-star review of The Westin Los Angeles Airport. We certainly look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to Westin for our signature products and renowned service. Until then, travel well.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Stayed at the Westin for our first night in L.A. Big mix up when we arrived. Our pre-booked voucher included a hot/cold buffet breakfast but the hotel refused to honour this as they said that this was only available to groups. Additionally, they were unwilling to phone Infinity who the voucher had been booked through to sort out the problem. The receptionist was unfriendly and not helpful. We were also told that there were only two options for breakfast - the cafe or a la carte - no buffet as we thought. The pool area was very run down with the flooring lifting around the edge of the pool - the pictures on The Westin web site are very deceiving. On the up side, the rooms were smart and the beds comfortable, however the grout in the bathroom was mouldy which made us question the cleanliness of the place. The wall paper under the basin was also peeling off. I don't know how this hotel has managed to hold on to their four star rating! The area was also questionable. We did enjoy the complimentary shuttle. That service was good. I wouldn't stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Sandy R
Sandy R., on behalf of the leadership of The Westin, we apologize that your time with us fell short of your expectations. We are both shocked and dismayed by the course of your experiences here which left you feeling unable to select Westin should your travels bring you back through LAX. If you would be so kind as to reach out to us via e-mail at WestinLAX.promotions@westin.com so that we may research the root causes and take corrective action it would be very appreciated.

Stay in touch,

LA
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

The room has many problem. light,bath,snack bar and pillow.. pillow was very dirty. did you clean the room?

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank yeoeun
We apologize, yeoeun, that your accommodations did not meet your expectations and therefore did not meet our standards. We certainly hope that you brought this to our attention while you were here and that we were able to rectify the causes of your concern. If you did not, please reach out to us via e-mail at WestinLAX.promotions@westin.com so that we may learn more from you, and investigate and take corrective action.

Stay in touch,

Scottsdale, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Booked this hotel on S-West's website. The 1 night rate on the website was a special at $153. I decided to give them a try. Arrived around 8 pm. Upon entering the property there was a sign stating that there would be $25/ night parking fee for guests! This was not an option as there was no other parking available. Upon arrival to the front desk, I was informed that there was a $12/day internet fee. I complained to the management about the hidden charges and they said they don't control S-West's website and that the charges are listed on the Westin website. They are not. There is only mention of "additional fees" may apply. I would not have booked the room for $200/night. I expressed my concern to management by using a bad word. When I got to my room, the phone was ringing. it was Eduardo, the manager at the front desk. He told me that he wanted me to come down and apologize to the front desk staff. I said I would not. He said he would continue to call me all night long until I came down and apologized. I hung up. He called back again and I hung up again. He called a third time and I disconnected the phone lines. I complained to Westin Corporate and was told the hotel would refund the internet charge. They have not done so yet. Plus, I did not receive my 150 S-West bonus points for staying there. I travel/stay about 8-10 nights per month. I have never had to pay for parking or internet. I have never been threatened by a member of hotel management. My final cost at checkout was $215! STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Stephen F
Montana City, Montana
Reviewed 10 August 2014

got stuck in LA when plane got cancelled.. I was tired it was near 1am and I had been traveling all day.. Got a voucher from the airport to this hotel.
Was expecting the basics...
Just amazing... The bed was huge and the most comfortable ever.
I wish I would have known I wouldn't have gotten a flight at 6am ... LOL
Just amazing!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Thank you, Pansy77th, for taking the time to share your 5-star review of your short-but-sweet night in a king-sized Heavenly Bed at The Westin Los Angeles Airport. You are welcome to return anytime. Until then, sleep well.