“Green Acres goes Hollywood”

Farmer's Daughter Hotel
Ranked #23 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I really enjoyed this quirky little place. The best thing about it to be honest was the staff who are all extremely helpful and the restaurant Tart was outstanding. This Southern Belle was right at home with black eyed peas and grits in the menu! Yes the rooms are due for a bathroom upgrade but they were large and spotless. The staff were the real strength of this place and I would highly recommend. Great location for walking around and shopping at nearby Farmers market.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Texasfan1
Write a ReviewReviews (1,078)

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Just stayed a Farmer's Daughter for the third time. When it opened, it was a simple but stylish budget boutique hotel. Now, it's just shabby hodge podge with an inexperienced staff. Our room had a dirty jean bedspread, dirty floors. The coffeemaker didn't work. The room AC went On and off every five minutes all night. There's perfume pumped into the rooms- I needed to have the window open always. People were up in the rooms around us until after 2am. If it were still a 'budget' hotel my expectations might be different, but at $250 a night the place should at least be clean. The best thing about the hotel is it's terrific location.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank sam_overlands
picataggio, Owner at Farmer's Daughter Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Thank you for your review .

I am sad to read about your experience. I can assure you that this particular experience is far from our expectations.

I am going to get with the staff right away on this to find out why you had spend your entire stay with all these broken pieces, why our maint staff failed to get the items fixed or at a minimum with such continued failure of items why your room was not moved.

I do have to disagree with you when you say " If it was a Budget Hotel it would be ok ". I do not find anything ok about the experience you describe at all and it will get changed immediately...

Safe travels and I do hope you will give us anther chance in the future...

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Husband and two teenage sons stayed here for a family event recently. The hotl was nice, and it was super convenient to the Farmers Market for meals.
The HUGE downside is they GOUGE you $25 EVERY IN AND OUT! Not every day, which would be understandable for the area, but every single time you come and go! Some days that can be 3-4x, really adds up- probably would not stay again just because of that.

Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank irisarbor
picataggio, Owner at Farmer's Daughter Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Hello

Thank you for your review..

I am rather shocked by what I am reading.

We charge for Valet parking everyday.

We do not charge for Valet parking every time you go in an out.

I tried looking up all reservations / guests that stayed this month from Deerfield but could not find anyone, if you would not mind email me and I will look into your stay personally as being charged $25 for every in/out is not something we do nor will we tolerate.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I just stayed at this hotel this week for business and had the BEST experience! The staff went above and beyond to make sure we had a wonderful experience. The room was clean and I loved the little details. I ordered food from Tart downstairs and it arrived in a picnic basket. You can't beat whiskey hour or the free chocolate chip cookies and tea at night. The staff made this experience the best and the night time I'm in LA, I'm staying here again! Also, The Grove and the Farmers Market are across the street and there is SO much to do! We wanted to see the Hollywood Boulevard Walk of Fame, and it only took us a few minutes to get there. It's in the best location!

Thanks to the staff for being so great! The "country" theme of the hotel is adorable!

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank TamaraEvans
picataggio, Owner at Farmer's Daughter Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Thank you for the kind words. Your review is very much appreciated.

Follow us on Farmlifela to see all the little things there are to do our area that are local favorites...

Safe travels and we hope to see you soon

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

This adorable hotel is so quaint and in such a great location. The rooms are a little old (bathrooms) and it's a bit noisy. When someone showers in another room next to you, you hear it. But the overall decor so cute. I feel like I'm walking through Anthropologie there.
The cookies at the front desk is a nice touch too.
The restaurant on the property is nice.
I loved that it's right across from The Grove too. Super easy drive to Cedars Sinai too.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank AngieG_12

Thank you for the review.

We have been working on a model room for our next version of the design for some time and we are just about complete. This new design takes into account the bathroom getting a bit outdated and moves it into the future

Safe travels and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

We booked the farmer"s daughter hotel over Agoda, relatively OK rate, but with all the funny taxes in LA and the mandatory $26 valet parking not a real bargain anymore.
Our room was nice, clean etc. just as expected.
Funny thing is that used glasses remained untouched and we were cleaning them by our self.

I am surprised to read in many reviews about the very friendly staff here.
Unfortunately i can not support this impression. The staff usually does not greet,
well, but even rather ignores hotel guests. Check out was immense unfriendly, not smooth,
not as professional as expected in this price level.

The WIFI connection in our room was slow, permanently disconnecting, basically non functional. To get a connection it was necessary to walk up to the TART restaurant and log in from around there.

The hotel does not live up to the high standards and marketing slogans advertised.
It is not enough to "start to safe the earth today"...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank docstefano

Thank you for your review.

We pride ourselves on our services and are constantly trying to achieve 100% satisfaction.
I am sad to read that we failed in this department with you.

I will be sharing this review with our staff ( as I do most reviews ) and stressing to all departments that our guests can receive nothing more than our very best and our product to be at it's very best.

Safe travels and I hope you will try use again in the future

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Cute little place to stay and super close to the CBS studios! Also close to the Grove which is loaded with options for shopping and eating! Place has a lot of charm. Price is a bit high especially when you add in the mandatory $24 valet parking but if you are going to the CBS studios this is the place to be!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Raoul L
picataggio, Owner at Farmer's Daughter Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Thank you for your review.

I understand your frustration with the valet and trust me if I could make free it would be. The hotel is in car city ( know as Los Angeles ) and parking is a premium. City has more rules than you can shake a stick at, they also get tax for parking ( yup a parking tax ) .
I could go into all the strange details but do not want to make you more frustrated , but it is also in my mind and some day when I become I shall change it all :)
On the bright side we are cheaper than most and on par with the rest.

Safe travels and we hope to have you as our guest very soon.