“Found a used condom in my room”

Courtyard Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills
Ranked #118 of 357 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in June. I will tell you the staff was pleasant the valet was awesome. However the rooms weren't what I would expected from Marriott. I liked having a balcony and the rooms were a decent size.

Now for the awful experience. After the first night I had my room cleaned. When I was hanging out in the chair looking out the window I noticed there was a used condom from a prior guest sticking out from the bottom of the bed.

From that point on, I questioned every part of the cleanliness of the hotel. When I brought it up to the front desk, the women questioned if it was mine. I was slightly offended and ever more disappointed in the lack of willingness to do anything. They offered me breakfast and to have my room "cleaned." I am pretty sure if they don't vacuum, otherwise this would have been found.

After I reached out to the general manager the response was simply an acknowledgment, but nothing done to correct the situation. This location clearly doesn't the service level that one would have expected from Marriott.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pbekas23
CYCCBH, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Mr. PBekas23,

I reached out to you several times and offered apologies and I would have love to talked to you via telephone however you did not give me any contact information other than email. Sometimes with written or email communication things get misunderstood. If you still would like to reach out to me I can be reached 310-556-2777. Kind Regards,

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Had to admit was a little skeptical at first because of previous reviews but was utterly amazed at not only what an excellent value this hotel was but also because of the friendliness of staff and location. My room faced the street and I never had any problem with noise. From the manager down to the valet everyone was surprisingly helpful from questions about what was the best routes to take to where were the best restaurants to meet celebrities. I DEFINITELY will be staying at this hotel the next time I travel to LA and will also recommend this place to all my friends traveling here!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank loucctx
KristelPackard, Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear loucctx,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review and share with other travelers what a great experience you had with our property. We are delighted that we were able to meet our goal of excellent service and 100% guest satisfaction.

I am glad that the street noise that is often reported by guests roomed on the Olympic side of the building was not an issue for you. I have come to notice that it really depends on the guest, some are more sensitive to the sounds of passing cars than others. Again, thank you for mentioning that it was not bothersome to you as it really helps other potential travelers understand what they can expect from our Olympic side rooms.

I do hope you will have an opportunity to return and stay with us again, we look forward to again providing you with a warm welcome and excellent service. Have a wonderful day!

Asst. General Manager

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Stayed with my 17 year old son while looking at colleges. The beds were comfortable, the room clean, nice to have water/snacks on arrival. The air conditioning kept the room nice and cool but was quite loud-positive is that we heard no outside noise. I really liked the door between the bathroom and the sleeping area-quite helpful for getting dressed etc..

The staff was very kind-especially the valet.

While the staff was nice in the bistro-the food was just okay and overpriced. The positive is that we tried new restaurants- I am sure if the bistro had been better-we would have just been lazy and stayed there to eat.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JJBBMOW
KristelPackard, Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear JJBBMOW,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and other potential travelers. We are delighted to hear that you and your son enjoyed your stay with us!
You will be happy to know that our BISTRO menu is about to be "refreshed" this July and we will be offering some exciting new options that I truly believe our guests will LOVE!!! I hope you have an opportunity to stay with us again and give it a try. As always the Starbucks will continue to be open from 5am-10pm daily serving your favorite premium drip and specialty coffee beverages.

Thank you again for your comments and we lookl forward to serving you again soon.

Asst. General Manager

Reviewed 5 June 2014

My husband and I were finishing up our honeymoon with a stop in LA to do some "touristy" things before heading home. We chose this hotel based on it's location (close enough to the things we wanted to see, but far enough away to not hear heavy traffic) and price. We were immediately greeted by what we both agreed was the best valet service we had ever received. They were prompt and courteous and helped us with or numerous bags/boxes (we were traveling from our previous stays in Napa and Disneyland for our wedding and honeymoon). We received the same great service when we checked in at the front desk. One of the things I like best about Marriott hotels is the discreetness their front desk staff show when giving you your room key and room number. Nothing annoys me more than front desk staff who announce your room number to a lobby full of people (and potential thieves, or worse!).
The room was comfortable, but a little cramped (which is the only reason I gave a rating of 4 instead of 5). We stay at Marriott brand hotels almost exclusivity and this was the smallest room we've ever stayed in. Still, if you are a single traveler, or a couple in for the weekend, it's clean and comfortable with a refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot.
The cafe is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and actually has some "real" food on the menu. We ate breakfast in the cafe both mornings we were at the hotel and it was quick, hot and very good (egg sandwich and cappuccino for me, bagel and cream cheese for the husby).
The location was perfect for us as our primary reason for visiting was Le Brea Tar Pits, Hollywood Walk of Fame (both about 5 min away) and Venice Beach (about 20 min away). We were also very close to some great restaurants, Beer Belly and Biergarten L.A.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jacqueline D
Kristel P, Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear Jacqueline D.,

Congratulations on your marriage and thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor and share your experience with us and other potential travelers.

I am delighted to hear that your stay with us was an enjoyable part of the end of your honeymoon.

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. I will be sure to share your kind words with my team, so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service.

Thank you again, and we look forward to your staying with us again.

AGM

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

After my last experience I thought I would never stay at another Marriott again but I must say that this hotel is clean and very cozy! The rooms are really nice and I had a room that faced the Main Street but really enjoyed the view! It's a very quite hotel the staffing is amazing especially Shanice! She provided excellent service! The location is amazing because at max your about 29 minutes for all the main attractions. It's worth the stay!

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear NicoleT184,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that your faith in the Marriott brand has been restored.

We pride ourselves on delivering excellent service, clean rooms and 100% guest satisfaction, Shanice is definitely a shining star on our team and she will be so happy to hear that you were pleased with her service.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

At your service,

AGM

Reviewed 15 May 2014

So, how do you review a hotel that was convenient, clean and overall really nice and you have an experience that was so awful that management is indifferent to and doesn't have the courtesy of returning your phone call to discuss the incident? We have stayed at this property before with very nice feelings about our general experience. So long as you don't get a room facing Olympic Boulevard and are there on a weekend so you don't have to put up with the horrendous traffic on Olympic, this hotel stands out, particularly for the price.

Unfortunately, our brand new car (3 weeks old with barely 1,000 miles on it) was damaged by a parking attendant. It was a Sunday so of course there was no hotel manager or parking lot attendant manager. Both the hotel and the parking attendant took our contact information and promised a return phone call. When I spoke to the front desk person at the hotel it was the hotel's immeidate position that the parking service is a contracted service so it is not their responsibility -- I beg to differ and I don't care what that damn suposed contract of liability said on the parking stub. I contracted with the hotel not the parking service. Regardless, here it is five days later and nobody from the hotel (despite another voice mail left on the manager's voice mailbox) nor the parking company has returned my call.

So, fellow travelers, beware of a nice hotel, with fair rates in a convenient location. Hotel management will tell you that you are their top priority. Actions speak louder than words or intent and this management team has fallen woefully short of moral decency and this customer's expectations.

Room Tip: Make certain you get a room that doesn't face Olympic Blvd.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank HospitalDude
Kristel P, Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Dear HospitalDude,

Thank you for staying with the Courtyard Marriott Century City, we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

With regards to the issue you reported about your vehicle being damaged in our parking garage, I am so sorry that no one has responded to you on this issue. The hotel passed along all of your info to the Valet company the day you reported it and asked them to call you to discuss the issue.

You did leave a voicemail for the General Manager of the hotel who also passed the info onto the parking management company. It was our impression that this issue had already been addressed.

I assure you that your complaint is important to us, which is why it is key to get you in touch with the right people to address your issue. I will follow up with the Valet manager first thing tomorrow morning to ensure that they contact you.

Again, thank you for staying with the Courtyard Marriott Century City.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Back to this hotel after three years and I love it more and more. reasonable price and very convenient Location in the middle of all attractions. The hotel was redecorated and I love the new look.. The staff is really friendly the rooms were clean and service was just perfect, you really enjoy and relax when you stay there.
If you goanna spend your day out visiting the attractions, this hotel is perfect clean and convent location.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Kristel P, Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Mohammad Q,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to hear that you not only enjoyed your stay but the staff service as well.

Your review title "All I need is this Hotel" makes me smile and is a sentiment we hope all of our guests feel after staying with us.

We look forward to your next stay with our property.