“An excellent hotel experience. ”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Woodland Hills
Ranked #137 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
Dobbs Ferry, New York
“An excellent hotel experience. ”
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Very clean and well kept room, a comfortable bed and breakfast included. That and a reasonable price! Exactly what we looked for when we needed to book a stay in the Woodland Hills area. The parking was a little tight but with access to the adjoining fast food place, not really an issue. Will definitely return and recommend !

Stayed February 2014
Sunil G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Woodland Hills, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Wonderful! We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed yourself while staying at our location. We are glad to see that our property left such a good impression. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I usually stay at the Courtyard by Marriott down the street but the HIE was significantly cheaper and that is a great selling point. Had no issues whatsoever with this hotel - the elevator can be a little slow (took the stairs) and parking can fill up.

The rooms and the bathrooms are big, comfortable and clean. Location is ideal as there are bars and restaurants within walking distance, plus there is a Smart & Final right next door if you need anything at all.

Pros
Great price
Clean
FREE parking
FREE breakfast
Helpful staff
Close to freeways
Refrigerator in room
DirecTV

Cons
Slow Elevator
Parking can fill up

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Sunil G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Woodland Hills, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Thank you for your wonderful words! We appreciate you choosing us during your visit to Woodland Hills. We are thrilled to see that our hotel left such a great impression and that you found our location so convenient. We hope to see you again soon and appreciate the loyalty!
Rancho Cordova, California
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I booked in late afternoon on the 31st so I could go the Rose Bowl Parade and Football game early the next morning. My room was well maintained, shower worked, towels good sized and fluffy (yeah!), had a small frig (I brought lots of celebratory hors d'ourves, etc.); lots of channels on tv. Good mattress. Very good breakfast selection and I just shared a table with another guest and read a complimentary newspaper. Good reception staff. All my needs taken care of.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Sunil G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Woodland Hills, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Wonderful! We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed yourself while staying with us. We are glad to see that our rooms and staff left such a good impression. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future. We hope you enjoyed your time at the Rose Bowl Parade and Football game.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 2 January 2014

My son and I stayed for 4 nites and overall were very happy with the experience. Our two queen room was spacious, well maintained and clean. The location is very good as a base for the valley and is very close to both Topanga Canyon Blvd (beautiful drive to the coast north of Santa Monica) and the 101. Breakfast is good but the dining area isn't very large and it can be difficult to get a table. If you're looking for a pool to lounge by this isn't the right hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Sunil G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Woodland Hills, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Thank you for your response. I am glad to see that our property left such a good impression. I appreciate the feedback and will use that to better our services. I apologize if you were dissatisfied with our breakfast. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future and hopefully provide a better breakfast experience.
Stillwater, Oklahoma
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Searching IHG properties, this place had a low Saturday night rate, so I thought I'd try it out. The neighborhood isn't pretty, but isn't bad. If you're coming from downtown LA, the entrance to parking is after the hotel building. Before the building is the Wendy's. There's a lower level of parking if the roughly 20 spaces on top are all taken.

I was assigned a top level room, so I had no upstairs neighbor problem. I strongly suggest asking for the top floor. Given that I could easily hear people in the hall, I suspect wall thickness is a problem. My room was huge, with a microwave, extra sink, and two refrigerators. I'm not sure why anyone would ever need two mini-fridges. Furnishings were new, including the bathroom tub. Sometimes renovations don't replace the tub. Here, the owners did. I particularly enjoyed the bed, which was firm. I prefer firm beds and so slept very well. Having DirectTV is also nice. The station choices include many Spanish options and Korean KBS, though not Fuse or Al-Jazeera America.

Until I went down for breakfast, I was ready to give 4 dots. Then I got downstairs. At 9:05 AM, well within the serving time until 9:30, I saw runny "scrambled" eggs; no bacon or sausage; one hard biscuit; no gravy; one cinnamon roll; and a broken pancake machine. I've stayed at enough Holiday Inn Express hotels to know the brand standards. Some places - such as HIX Solana Beach - meet or exceed them. This fell well, well short. Maybe I just arrived at a bad time, but it's what I saw. I'd like to recommend this place as a good budget option, but it became just a budget option in the neighborhood.

Room Tip: Top floor!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Sunil G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Woodland Hills, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Thank you for your response. I apologize for the difficulties you experienced during your breakfast. I have looked into the situation and luckily the machine was not broken just out of batter. She must have just missed you. We hope you will give us another opportunity to impress you. Again, thank you for the review and we will use this to strive towards a better experience.
New York
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Holiday Inns have never been at the top of my list for a stay. I've had some bad experiences at a few that soured me on them. This one though, is well kept, has a TV package from DISH that's better than most and a decent breakfast. The location, by the 101 on Ventura Blvd makes it a good operations base for the valley, and a not unreasonable shot into downtown LA or heading up North or over to the coast and Malibu.
What is strange is the swimming pool. It's about 30 ft long, and I'm guessing here, 3 ft wide and 3 feet deep. I guess you can swim in it with no problem, just very odd.
Overall, a pleasant experience

Room Tip: Security is a big issue here. Entry thru the lobby only and the elevator requires a room key to work
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Sunil G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Woodland Hills, responded to this review, 15 December 2013
Thank you for your response. I am glad to see that our property left such a good impression, hopefully we were able to change your opinion regarding Holiday Inn Express. I apologize if you were dissatisfied with our spa. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Sammamish, Washington
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Pros
- Spacious room.
- Comfortable bed.
- Good internet connection.
- Good shower pressure.
- Friendly service.
- Good proximity to 101, 405, and canyon roads down to beach.

Cons
- Shower was plugged when I checked in. It was fixed within an hour.
- DirectTV stopped working one day. It was fixed within an hour.
- No pool, and spa was only luke warm.
- Weight machine in the fitness room was out of order the entire time.
- Neighborhood isn't the best, but isn't the worst as far as Ventura Blvd goes.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor if you want a quiet room.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Sunil G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Woodland Hills, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Thank you for your response. I apologize you experienced some difficulties during your stay but I am glad to hear they were handled in a timely manner. We hope you will give us another opportunity to impress you. Again, thank you for the review and we will use this to strive towards a better experience.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Radisson Hotel Chatsworth
#55 of 350 in Los Angeles
The Anza Hotel
#1 of 3 in Calabasas

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Woodland Hills? Share your experiences!