“Awesome!!!”

Los Angeles Philharmonic
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Hadn't been to a place like this in a while!
It did NOT ruin our evening!
It was so good!
The music was GREAT and the sound/acoustics was incredible!
I was near in awe at how good it sounded!
I love music and am a musician too, so I really appreciate not only the music but the quality of it!
The quality here is totally EXCEPTIONAL!!!
Had an awesome time!
This is a great place to go...so GO!!!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Acoustics is just fabulous. Program is carefully selected to appeal broad spectrum of preferences. Gustavo Dudamel is an amazing conductor, a wonderful interpreter of music. The only drawback is the comfort of seating, which is quite small and stiff.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I've been subscribing to the LA Phil for about 15 years and wouldn't give it up for anything. Whether it's classical or pop, the space itself is exquisite, the acoustics are perfect and the whole experience is fantastic!

Reviewed 24 May 2014

We attended the LA Phil on a Friday night. We wanted to hear them and to see the inside of the Gehry designed Disney concert hall, so we planned our trip from Denver at a time when they were performing.. We did those things, true, but overall it was a letdown. Here is why. Friday casual night meant the orchestra was dressed casually, some of them in blue jeans and flannel shirts. Also, the program was abbreviated from the other two days. A new work was omitted, and there was no intermission. That meant our plan of switching seats at intermission could not be implemented. We had purchased one behind the orchestra and one off to the side. So, we spent $101 (average) for our seats, $202 for two, and heard 2/3 of the normal schedule. I found the musician dress off putting - black waitron casual might work, but "rehearsal dress" seemed like a ripoff. I have no criticism of how they sounded. The interior of the hall is perfectly symmetrical which also seems odd, given the Gehry design on the outside. Also,, the seating rows are very long - I counted nearly 30 across from me. That means a lot of climbing over people to reach your seat, which I have not noticed elsewhere. I saw no one in a wheelchair in the audience, unusual. Finally, when we asked at the box office where would be a good place to meet at intermission the person did not tell us there was no intermission! Seems like she should have known that much about the program. All in all, maybe the second tier orchestras put more energy into customer service.

3  Thank BinColorado
Reviewed 17 May 2014

The orchestra, conductors and soloists are world-class, outstanding,
- and the sounds and sights leave you deeply enriched for a long time after the concerts.