“Didnt want to leave”
Review of Chateau de Soleil

Chateau de Soleil
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Los Angeles
Chateau de Soleil
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I've stayed in so many hostels all over the world and this was something else. It really did feel like a home away from home. I felt welcome the moment I turned up. Two living areas and two kitchens was great. I left with so many great memory's and friends who I still stay in contact with today. I am coming back in 2013 and the Chateau will be my first choice in LA hands down. The place was clean, the nights were peaceful and Gary (host) was awesome. Area couldnt be safe. Across from a police station and 5 minute walk from the subway/gym/shops everything.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 15 March 2012

I stayed for about 5 weeks in the chateau and I was really sad when I had to leave. You'll meet lots of interesting new people there and the staff is very nice and helpful. It truly felt like home living there and I now that I'll be back soon.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 March 2012

I stayed here for 6 weeks, and it felt just like being at home!
From the whole booking process to arrival to the stay to month/year later I feel i am still a big part of the Château Family!! They make you feel so comfortable and welcome! Iv yet to return to LA and the Château to stay, but over the years i have recommended many of my friends from the UK to stay here!
Great, clean and comfortable rooms and living areas, easy access to shops, buses and metro!
in the middle of two main dance studios, stone throw away from acting school and metro ride from Hollywood!!!
The place to stay to make your LA Trip complete!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Great vibe in the chateau where it's easy to feel at home right away with lots of fun creative people. Gary is a great host, often playing groovy guitar. Rooms are neat, comfy and clean with lots of sunshine. Close to public transport, so it's easy to get around, close to shops and Danny's for a great veggie burger :)

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I stayed at the "Chateau" for a month a couple years ago. But it still feels like yesterday. The place is magical and warm. Maybe its the changing faces (its a shared, short-term stay) or the location or the high concentration of artists (actors, directors etc) - there is a lot of creativity in the air here.

The facilities are clean and Gary runs a tight ship. Nice, safe, warm, convenient place to live. Easy and affordable for anyone around the world visiting LA. The metro train is also walking distance. And you will make a lot of friends - so whether its a Sat night out or a quick ride for groceries - you will have company.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 March 2012

After an 11hr flight from London to LA and a 2 hr detour from the airport, courtesy of Super Shuttle. I tentatively stepped into my room and was greeted by a clean bathroom, full length mirror, a cute veranda and a room with good day light. Relief doesn't quite cut it. I was ecstatic, it's the little things when you're away from home.
So I was in LA for 3 months and full of apprehension. Not only was I anxious about staying at the Chateau, my first hostel. I had decided to share a double so I had no idea who would be my room mate. I also didn't know much about the North Hollywood area, nor how I would get around. I am pleased to say I wasted a lot of energy worrying. My room mate, (as well as other guests at the Chateau) was not psychotic, the North Hollywood area was pretty safe (the Chateau is opposite a police station) and the close by Metro red line helped me navigate my way across the city easily without a car.
People who stay at the Chateau tend to be either involved in dance, film making or acting. This made for both a lively yet focussed environment, something which you'll appreciate if you are trying to get into any of these industries. Being around so many like minded individuals is probably something the Chateau has over other places, as you'll constantly be challenged or enlightened.
Gary the manager at the Chateau is like a walking guide book on LA. He is on hand to either point you in the direction of where to pick up a U.S phone line, how to cross the road so you don't get fined for jay walking or to offer directions over the phone when you can't find your way home. Any issues like a blown lightbulb or request for extra hangers or blanket was promptly dealt with.
There are places to eat, a bus terminal, a supermarket and a cool church (One Church International) all within walking distance.
I would definitely stay at the Chateau again (probably will at the end of the yr) and I would also recommend it to friends, particularly those traveling alone, they would be in fantastic hands.

Room Tip: I had a double room and had no complaints. The room was a good size and the bathroom was very clean.