“Best Mother's Day Ever!!!”

Melting Pot Food Tours
Los Angeles Farmers Market Small-Group Food Walking Tour
Ranked #2 of 38 Food & Drink in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Melting Pot Food Tours is the original food tour company in southern California. If you are looking for new and different things to do in Los Angeles, a food tasting walking tour is sure to please. Choose from amongst Melting Pot Food Tours' flagship Original Farmers Market Food & History Tour, its highly rated Old Pasadena Food Tasting Tour, or its off-the-beaten-path East LA Latin Flavors Food & Culture Tour Private tours available with advance reservation.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best Mother's Day Ever!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband booked this tour for our family for Mother's Day. We had a blast! Barbara did an outstanding job sharing the history of Pasadena, and introducing us to story behind each of our stops. The food was great, the other stops like the soap, olive oil, candy, etc. was wonderful! I think, if I had to pick out a favorite, it would be the tea shop. The presentation of the blossoming tea was so relaxing and just a great experience!!!

Visited May 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Agoura Hills, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Doing what you love, loving what you do!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Is precisely the back bone of this tour company----------The Melting Pot food tour was on my personal bucket list for years!!!!!! I finally took my two college age daughters with me to tour the Farmers Market. From the beginning of booking the tour with Lisa, I could tell this would be a fabulous way to spend a few hours learning about some L.A. history and food culture! Our tour guide Renee was not only passionate and knowledgeable about the Farmers Market, you could tell she was invested in telling the individual stories about the people, the community. We all walked away with a new appreciation of our diverse city, our taste buds thoroughly satisfied, and a desire to go on another tour!!!!!!!! Pasadena here we come!!! Thank you for a wonderful experience!!!! Do not hesitate to book one of these amazing adventures!!!!!!!
Karen D.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Karen D
Malibu, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Farmer's Market tasting tour was a blast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

A wonderful way to spend a morning! My friend and I had such a great time and would recommend this to any visitor or local Los Angeleno!!!!

Visited April 2014
Anaheim, California
“Not worth money, food options and portions disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

The best part of tour is the tea house. What does that say about their food selection? Below average quality food selections, mini appetizer portions. Tour guide nice and Pasadena history interesting. Their restaurants selected were 3star at best on YELP. Could have saved a lot of money if just hopped restaurants using yelp.

Visited December 2013
MeltingPotTours, Owner at Melting Pot Food Tours, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you for taking time to write a review. I am so sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your tour experience with us. While we purposely choose tasting samples which we believe will appeal to the broadest audience, it is understandable that our selections may not always be to a guest's liking. In our ongoing quest for continual improvement, any suggestions you would like to make which could improve upon our tasting selections would be most welcome. I do hope you enjoyed the historical and cultural components of the tour and wish for you many tasty adventures to come in the Los Angeles area!
Palo Alto, California
“amazing morning | best tour ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

food food food! amazing tour guide in Andy. great company from the other participants. pupusas, chicharron tacos, a marketplace, iced hot chocolate, goat, tamales, tortilla factoray. so. much. all amazing. we will be back soon.

Visited March 2014