“Horrible manager - otherwise could be OK.”

Venice Breeze Suites
Reviewed 11 May 2011

Staid here several times, but had a nightmare experience in November with manager (Teri). Appliances in room did not work. When I complained, first I was told to go sit in another room and use their appliances, and then I was sent to a room where there was no heat. After that, when I continued to insist that the hotel provide what I paid for and asked to speak to Teri's boss, she refused and became rude and belligerent. One of the other workers then told me that she would help me, but then I was told by Teri that I must leave within an hour or she would block my key. This, despite the fact that I had a contract for the stay, pre paid and was a repeat customer.
Teri is an incredibly bad manager. She is rude, unprofessional, and just plain bizarre. I am not surprised that others had experiences similar to mine as posted in this forum. The fact that someone like this continues to be employed also says the owner does not care. I am still considering legal action.
Don't stay at this place until manager is replaced.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
10  Thank countziggenpuss

Reviewed 29 April 2011

This is definitely a step up from a hotel. The rooms are luxurious and the staff is very accommodating. It was very easy to check in and they provide you with everything you could want/need if you are new to the area. I met the front desk lady named Teri and she was so nice and definitely seemed to make sure that I was having a great experience. I would recommend this place to anyone coming to the Venice Beach.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Caliegal, Manager at Venice Breeze Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2011

Hi,

Thank you so much for your candid review and also your kind remarks. We're so glad you enjoyed your time with us.

Please come again soon!

Best always,

Teri

Manager

Reviewed 22 April 2011

Found this hotel on-line and liked the price and the location right on the boardwalk. Not used to the self check in made it work. Enjoyed the 4 nights there and the scenery, people, and loved the euro decor of the room and ammenities. Keep in mind you are in Venice - so an eclectic mix outside, don't be surprised. If this bothers you - go to a private resort. Very convenient to get a bike and ride the bike path for hours. Beach area is great and perfect place to "people watch". The staff at the hotel was great - informative & helpful. I would definitely stay here again as traveling thoughout 5 continents, it was a great 4 nights and 3.5 days. Thanks

Room Tip: Stayed in 408 - top floor good view
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Caliegal, Manager at Venice Breeze Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2011

Hi,

We've really honed our self check-in to be guest friendly to insure a smooth arrival for weary travelers. The new EZ instructions and the new Master lock boxes we installed made a big difference. Thank you for "making it work."

Next time you come back we'll have a guest computer for printing out boarding passes, tickets, and such!

Your suite is waiting...

Best,

Teri

Reviewed 18 April 2011

Had the pleasure to stay here for a few days during our stay in Venice, CA
We received clear and simple instructions before our arrival, which made check-in really easy. The rooms are very nice and clean, with lots of space to hang back and relax when necessary. I also don't understand the negative feedback on management in the review below, as we found her extremely helpful and incredibly sweet - thanks Teri for the stay!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2011

No complaints about the room and location. Simply the quirky management became annoying after a couple of encounters! Asking a simple question I was told to read the instructions left in the room.The instructions were horrendous, 3 pages of short sentences in CAPS! and not that easy to read if you are not the type that reads all of the manual that comes with a new product! The funny little remarks that one can't quite put ones finger on as sarcasm become extremely irritating. Perhaps the person in question was stressed and having a couple of bad days, but as anyone who has worked in hospitality knows, the client has to come first, especially when the accommodation becomes more high end.I hope if the management does read this they will become more sensitive of the front of house impression.Quite loud on 1st floor, street noise.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
CarlVeniceBeach, Owner at Venice Breeze Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2011

Glad that you liked the location. I am sorry that the manager was short on time when you asked for help. We put the instructions in capitals so that people can read them without glasses. Please stay with us on your next trip to LA and we will make sure to show everything upon check in. Pleaseant travels, Carl

Reviewed 8 March 2011

This is a great place. You walk out the front door and there is the beach. I shopped around a lot before I booked this spot. Compared to booking a hotel in LA, this place is a deal, not only is it right at the beach, but you have an apartment with a decent kitchen. The decor is also really nice, exposed brick, hardwood floors, all really nice finishings, big windows. Some of the rooms have a view of the beach.

If you have a car, parking is included, but the parking lot is about 5 mins walk from the actual building. While the building is right on the board walk at Venice, to get to a supermarket is probably a little bit of a walk? My only other warning is that because the floors are hardwood, you can hear noise if there are people staying above you. Unfortunately the folks above me were elephant walkers and it got a bit annoying....

Lots to do in this area - run along the beach to santa monica, take a yoga class at exhale (10 mins walk away or less), grab a bite or go shopping in a few of the nearby cute barrios like abbot kinney...hang out at the beach...there is also a rooftop terrace with 180 degrees of the ocean...it's really lovely...bring a book and a hat!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 February 2011

Teri is the sweetest! She helped me book three rooms (very last minute) after the house I rented fell through and was super easy to work with. I was more than pleasantly surprised when we walked inside the modern space. The rooms were generously sized and I loved the super modern bathrooms (two showerheads and plenty of towels!) Cozy furnishings, fantastic views and windows, and a great location near exhale yoga studio and right on the beach. I can't believe secure parking was also included! Looking forward to staying here again!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
#1 of 36 in Santa Monica
The Kinney
The Kinney
#2 of 11 in Marina del Rey

Been to Venice Breeze Suites? Share your experiences!