“Quality Food and Great Service”

Arnie Morton's The Steakhouse - Woodland Hills
Reserve with OpenTable
Arnie Morton's The Steakhouse - Woodland Hills is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #913 of 9,954 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Price range: US$50 - US$60
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Erwin & Victory
Transit: See www.metro.net for more information
Los Angeles, California
“Quality Food and Great Service”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I have dined at other Morton's restaurants, but this was my first visit to Morton's in Woodland Hills. Four of us went to celebrate a birthday. The atmosphere was upscale and typical of a fine dining establishment. Staff were friendly from the time we entered the restaurant, during dinner, and after. The personalized birthday menu, and picture taken by the server were a nice surprise and a plus. The food is typical Morton's. Nice variety and high quality. It is expensive, but well worth it. Service was prompt and attentive without being intrusive. This is a nice restaurant for a special occasion.

• Visited December 2013

Los Angeles, California
“Too Many Better Options In The Area”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I have been to 7 different Morton's location. This was my first time trying the restaurant in Woodland Hills. It was a terrible experience, and the lack of follow up is even worse. I made a comment (see letter below) on their website over a week ago and still haven't heard back. With a Flemings and Ruth's Chris within 2 miles and Mastro's not too far away, I can't imagine why anyone would spend their money at this far inferior spot. Judging by their occupancy on Thursday night I would say not many do.
This was my note to them:

"We had a very poor experience at the Woodland Hills location last night. We were seated at about 7pm. Waters and menus were not brought to us for 20 minutes. Our party did not receive our first course of salads and soups until 7:50pm. When asked about the delay, Robert responded that the kitchen was buried (which seemed surprising since the dining room appeared to be about half full).

Our entrees arrived at 8:40pm (roughly an hour and 40 minutes after being seated). The food wasn't terrible though it wasn't excellent either. My steak was not properly cooked however there was no way I was going to send it back after waiting so long to have it served the first time. We rushed through that course because we were hungry and almost out of time with our sitter at home.

After sitting for over two hours, we asked for our desserts to be prepared to go because we had to leave. In fact, my wife had to "leave early" after two hours to relieve the sitter. My wife spoke to Enrique about the experience, telling him she doesn't plan to return with such local dining options as Mastro's, Flemings, and Ruths Chris. He seemed confused, and offered a free appetizer for next time. The manager's lack of urgency summed up the attitude of the staff, resulting in a poor experience."

• Visited October 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Black and Blue Filet to die for”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

You take a really great piece of aged steak and throw it into a 600 degree cast iron pan. when all the sides have a good char the steak is done. It will be crisp and charred on the outside and cold in the center. Only a great steakhouse will even have the pan in the first place. If you like rare meat this is for you

• Visited September 2013
Woodland Hills
“Keep Your Eyes Open (and car cameras on!!!)”
Reviewed 13 June 2013

The personnel at the Morton's Woodland Hills made it a great evening!!! They were a little slow at first (I have noticed this many times before - even late at night - before they close and there are less than four (4) tables max. in main dining room. This time, however, the staff truly redeemed themselves and went above and beyond. ONE WORD OF CAUTION: IF YOU ARE USING THE CURRENT VALET CO. AT THE WOODLAND HILLS LOCATION, LOCK ALL VALUABLES, BAGS, GLOVE COMPARTMENTS, ETC. I LEARNED THE HARD WAY.... I can almost guarantee that I will receive a call due to this "unique post." I will alert all colleagues about this "matter," and see how things progress from there.
*Any company that hires a sub-contractor should know of that companies practices, "new hire" process(es), etc., (as it becomes a reflection of the initial company) and ensure that the other co. (valet company) is employing honest, background checked individuals - know more info about the other business(es) being allowed to conduct business at their company.* I expected more from Morton's - to spend over $125 for a meal, then have to replace item(s) taken from my car...... I must ask myself, " [I]s it worth it?"

• Visited June 2013
San Carlos, CA
“Good but pricey”
Reviewed 3 May 2013

This restaurant serves higher quality steaks and seafood. Just about everything is a la carte. I split a wedge salad with my dining companions and went on to order a nice petit filet mignon. The table also ordered some vegetables to share. We split some mashed potatoes, which were out of this world. We also split a couple of desserts.

This was a business dinner and the tab was company-paid. But I am not sure I would say the food is good enough to spend my own dime on such pricey food.

The service was good, not outstanding, but our server was attentive enough.

Visited April 2013