“A good deal, if not exactly luxurious.”
Review of Jerry's Motel

Jerry's Motel
Ranked #14 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 19 June 2011

It's always hard to review a place like this. I suppose it's everything it promised. It's cheap, the staff/owners are friendly, and the rooms are very clean. It's decidedly unfancy and not all plushy, but it's fine. Maybe I should give it five stars, because it doesn't promise to be anything it's not, but I can't quite bring myself to do it, just because it is so basic. Also, there are definitely fewer parking spots than rooms. It didn't end up being a problem for us, but maybe it would be on a weekend.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank meschwar
There are newer reviews for Jerry's Motel

Reviewed 16 June 2011

Great central location, free car parking, good room and friendly efficient service.

Having flown into LAX, and been awake for way too long, this motel and the warm reception was more than welcome! Good sized room with everything you need, in location from which you can easily walk in to Downtown and beyond. Very easy ot find your way around the motel by car to all the main sights.

(Would love to give 5 stars overall if it was comparisons against motels only, but it isn't a 5 star hotel.)

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mr_Munchkin
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Based on the reviews from other TripAdvisor.com users, Jerry's was my first lodging choice during the time I'd be in L.A. (during the 2011 E3 Expo). But as of about a month before the expo, he was booked solid. So, I grumbled a bit, but made alternate plans for lodging at a pricier hotel farther away.

Luckily, Jerry had a cancellation, and called me to tell me a room would be available not long before my trip. So, I cancelled my replacement booking, and made a reservation with Jerry. I'm glad I did!

Everything the other reviewers say is true: My room was clean, charmingly-appointed and very comfortable. I particularly liked the seafoam-green bathroom tile, and the spacious walk-in closet. The TV had LOADS of channels, the Wi-Fi was free and worked well, and there was even a refrigerator and microwave. The room was so nice, I had friends who were also attending the Expo express frustration that their hotel was not only more expensive and farther away, but also not as well-appointed with amenities!

As many others have also pointed out, Jerry is an incredibly nice man who is very knowledgeable about the area. He was able to let me know what buses I needed to take to get anywhere I needed to go as quickly and as cheaply as possible. In fact, he told me about a 35¢ shuttle to the Convention Center that stopped just two blocks away, and that dropped me off at the front door to the Expo in about 10 minutes! Add to this the fact that I was only a 10-minute walk from downtown. Really great location.

I can't recommend Jerry's Motel highly enough to my fellow travelers. If you want a posh, black-tie, five-star experience, you're certainly welcome to pay through the nose for it at one of the chains. But if you're looking for clean, comfortable and friendly accommodations that are close to everything and for an EXTREMELY reasonable price, make sure you book with Jerry. He does business the old-fashioned way: Delivering quality and value with a handshake and a smile. I'll be back.

3  Thank UglyShirts
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Yes this motel is in a convenient location. Also the owners are very friendly and helpful if you have any questions about the area. The rooms are clean. However, if you intend to sleep much at all, you should bring ear plugs as the noise from the next room as well as the street noise will keep you awake all night. I could hear the person snoring in the room next to mine. Overall, if you are on a budget it is probably fine for one or two nights. If you can afford more, spend it on a different hotel and skip one meal out to make up the difference.

1  Thank Toada1
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Jerry's motel was a cheap hotel in a decent location in LA - it's within 30min to most locations. It's pretty good for a short stay and the rooms are quite clean - whilst some reviews have something to say about the "dodgy" neighborhood - I didn't have any qualms about my stay there.

The shower is spacey and the walk-in wardrobe was handy for our suitcases. We were also allowed to check in really early (9am) which was great after a long flight.

Some cons include the fact that the bed was quite lumpy and the curb to the hotel was quite high - so just be wary if you're driving a car with a low profile.

There is also wireless available - it's not the fastest but it's useful for checking emails and such

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2011

The room was clean, free parking, convenient location and a great price... in LA!!! Another thing, the TV had more stations than I can remember having in any other hotel. Don't let the outside of the building fool you (it looks bad from the outside) it's a nice place to stay for a good rate.

1  Thank Matthew771
Reviewed 11 June 2011

We arrived at LA at the end of our west cost road trip, had picked Jerry's because of the reviews on tripadvisor and if was all true. Jerry was very friendly and provide us a great service. The room was very clean and location was good if you are doing tourism. We were really happy with our choice!

• Stayed: June 2011