“Couldn't have asked for better service, accommodations, or price!”
Review of Jerry's Motel

Jerry's Motel
Ranked #13 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 13 February 2014

It was my first time heading to LA and I was traveling alone. I was greeted by the owner at check in, who gave me a map of the area and a welcome bag filled with water and goodies. The room I stayed in was clean and well-kept, and everything (e.g., TV, safe, shower, clocks) was in working order. The area wasn't the greatest, but as a 5 ft tiny blonde female, I didn't feel like I was in immediate danger either. I would definitely stay at Jerry's again and would highly recommend it to others!

• Stayed: January 2014

Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

While looking for hotels in the Los Angeles area, Trip Advisor listed Jerry's Moreover as one of the best places to stay. While their website is unassuming, the reviews on here had me booking the last room available. I was definitely glad that I did.

I appreciate the fact that they don't charge your card immediately, which gave me the chance to pay in cash when I arrived. The staff also sends you an email asking for the time block of your arrival. I had a rather late flight in to LA, but was checked in promptly and with a smile.

Jerry's also goes beyond the typically expected customer service of a motel. When you check in they give you a little bag of snacks and provide you with a map, and directions to the nearest food sources. We also asked a couple of question regarding a concert venue and the directions were drawn on the map we were given. Although it may seem insignificant, I thought it was really nice of them to walk over more makeup wiped as soon as we requested them. The promptness and willingness to accommodate is what will definitely have me staying at Jerry's if ever in LA again.

I definitely recommended staying here!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank SaraiMT
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Had a reservation and Arrived late. We were given a bag of snacks that were awesome. The hotel was quiet, and u could see the bathroom was recently renovated. Very nice. The only thing I could suggest is to paint over the baby blue walls as they are out of date. Ohhh and rearranging the 2 twin beds would allow the room the appear bigger. Just a thought. I will return as it is right next to the fashion district. :)

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank World Traveler C
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I visit LA about four times a year to go shopping in the fashion district. I am a retailer shopping for my business.
This place is only minutes away from downtown and has everything you need for a, more than, comfortable stay.
Bed was awesome, pillows comfy, room was super clean, nice big tv with satellite(?), a small safe (haven't seen this at any other place in LA), fridge, kettle, parking.
Just a small little place, ten rooms in total. Gentleman at the front desk was super nice, and for a little extra touch of sweetness, they give you a little bag of munchies when you check in.
An old hotel which is maintained nicely, super clean and offering all the things you need when away from home. It aint the ritz, so if the glittery high end extras matter to you, this isn't for you. I definitely will stay here again. A GREAT BARGAIN, without any sacrifice.
Just one note, there is no elevator. So if mobility is an issue, or you can't carry your bags, you will need to be sure to be booked into the ground floor.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 11, top corner. I think that perhaps because it was the corner, it was a little qui...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Somebody has just got it all right - anticipated the sorts of things you would want. Little touches - plenty of powerpoints, welcoming staff, great info on what's locally available, including great array of stuff you can order in for a pretty reasonable cost, clean, great showers, convenient procedures. Only quibble - be nice if the TV just had the channels you can use - seemed to be only 1 in 10 were actually available.

Room Tip: Not heaps of rooms, so fairly similar. Only stairs to 2nd level if you've got big cases.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We stayed at Jerry's 4 nights. We arrived close to midnight and the check in was very easy. The room was clean, well furnished and with a good size. Location is very good for LA, although after my first experience in this city I learned that I would rather stay at any of the beaches next time. The staff (which I only met when I checked in) was friendly - we received a nice bag filled with goodies-. Only advise to future visitors is that if you book here, you'd better have a car because you will have to drive everywhere. What was the best thing? Price! impossible to get a better deal in (expensive) LA.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mauricio76
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights and couldn't have picked a better place to be honest!

We were looking for somewhere cheap to stay and found Jerrys on Trip Advisor with high ratings and a low price to match so decided to stay here.

Found it easy enough and managed to get checked in at around 10pm and received the small food package.

The rooms are small and basic, it is a motel afterall, however it was clean and comfortable and excellent value for the money paid.

Don't think theres much to see in the neighbourhood its located in but theres a few stores around the corner to get some beer/snacks etc and was pretty close to the freeway in the car, had no problems getting around from here.

If your looking for somewhere to stay on a budget I don't think you will find anywhere better.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends