“Great hotel in great location.”
Review of W Hollywood

W Hollywood
Ranked #76 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Great hotel. While in LA - this place is a great place to stay. Great location. Great crowd in and around hotel. Hotel room itself 4* - staff excellent. Prices are steep but you are in LA ! Liked it a lot.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Leon Y, Manager at W Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Hello!

Thanks for the kind words! Our location is prime for exploring everything LA has to offer. Hop on the tram right outside and you can get just about anywhere. Reach out to our Insider Chris and he can give you some great recommendations. Our talent love to create memorable experiences for all of our guests. I'm glad to see your stay was no different. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best,
Leon Y.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,815)

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I frequent LA for business and this trip I stayed on to have a weekend with my girlfriends. We checked into the W Hollywood and Christian at the front desk was so accommodating. He made sure we had everything we needed. Offered upgrades where he could and was just a genuinely nice guy. The rest of the staff at the hotel was just as courteous and helpful. I will absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jacqueline P
Leon Y, General Manager at W Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Hi Jacqueline,

Christian will be so glad to hear your comments. He is truly an asset to our team here. An extended weekend is sometimes just the thing you need to unwind after a business trip. You couldn't have picked a better place to do just that. On your next visit, stay over for Sunday Jazz. Nikki Leonti puts on quite the show with BrookeLynn's Burlesque.

See you soon,

Reviewed 23 February 2014

My husband and I stayed for one night to celebrate our anniversary. We rented a regular room but received a surprise upgrade upon checking in. In addition, the hotel Manager had placed a bottle of champagne on ice in our room with a hand written Happy Anniversary note. The room ended up being a gorgeous suite, with an expansive living room, huge flat screen TVs, wet bar, dining room table, two bathrooms, garden roof deck, and exciting view of Hollywood Blvd. and the Hollywood sign. We loved the modern furniture and the high-tech features, we could play I-tunes in the docking station while dancing and sipping champagne. We also enjoyed the gym on the 11th floor and the cool lounge on the lobby floor. This hotel is fantastic and is not to be missed! You feel like a rock star when you stay here. This anniversary will never be forgotten.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello!

Happy Anniversary to you and your husband! We love celebrating with our guests. That sounds like quite the upgrade! I'm glad you enjoyed it! The Living Room is great spot to grab some cocktails and relax. The vibe is great and the service is even better. On your next visit, check out Sunday Jazz. Nikki Leonti and The Honest Cheaters are truly talented and put on a show not to be missed.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best,

Reviewed 22 February 2014

I love Starwood properties and when traveling I try to stay at one. But my experience with the W Hollywood was not to the level of other hotels in their group. I was only there one night, travelling alone, my room and taxes were prepaid and I’m a Starwood Preferred member. But this hotel has a mandatory $500 deposit for incidentals. You would think that this deposit would be reflected by the number of guests and number of nights. Then when I was given a room, I found that my view was a wall about 40 feet from the window. I’m not sure how they assign the rooms, but you would think that since I have a good history of staying at Starwood properties that I would receive a view of something…even a parking lot. But on the plus side the room was very clean, the bathroom was nice, the bed was wonderful & the valet parking team was very friendly. When I left the following morning my total charges for incidentals was $54.55 (internet and parking). I won’t be back.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room that has a view of something other than a wall.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Bhanan

Hello,

We always charge a deposit of $500 for incidentals. Upon check-out, that is credited back to your account and should fall off your credit card within 24-48 hours. While we do our best to put SPG members in our preferred rooms, that isn't always possible. All rooms are subject to availability. It sounds like you enjoyed every other aspect of your stay so I hope I can welcome you back soon.

All the best,

Reviewed 21 February 2014

If you're looking to explore the Hollywood area, this is a great hotel to stay at as it's in the middle of everything.

Check in:

The check-in process was incredibly smooth and quick as there was only one other person checking in ahead of us. The staff were very courteous and pleasant to deal with throughout the entire check in process as well.

Room:

We had a Marvelous Suite and boy was it marvelous. The W brand is known to be quite hip and trendy and this hotel is no exception. It was very clean and had the South Beach boutique feel to it. The suite was very spacious as well, complete with a living room area, bar area, comfy sitting areas by the windows, king bed and HUGE bathroom. The bathroom has both an oversized tub and separate shower area.

Area: As mentioned above, this hotel is near everything in Hollywood, and if you do need to get to somewhere a little further away, the subway line is right outside the hotel, so there is never any inconvenience.

Hotel Grounds: The hotel is very trendy and it can get quite busy at night, which didn't bother me at all, as I liked all the action. When we were at the W, there was a jazz band playing that night, which was a nice touch.

Overall, if you're looking to stay in Hollywood and receive the superstar treatment, I wouldn't hesitate to stay at the W Hollywood. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the hotel's location is excellent!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GuyaneseMadness
Reviewed 21 February 2014

This hotel is in a great location for exploring LA. Parking was very expensive at the hotel but across the street it was $10 per day in a lot. The concierge was very helpful with suggestions for shopping and take out. There is also a trader joes on the corner and an incredible farmers market down the street on Sundays. The wifi and water bottles were extra $$.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2014

After living in 5 LA for 5 years I enjoyed the location of this hotel, but the Acura experience fell short and we changed the motto to "Whatever" we want to give you, "Whenever" its convenient for us… Don't advertise the fact that you can transport your guest, then don't answer the phone, when we came down to the Acura desk, the agent was there on her personal phone, and said, oh sorry the last Acura experience left 20 mins ago. This was 8PM! The shower leaked all over the bathroom floor and it wasn't a bad design, just not built well. Hopefully you can fix this stuff, as I've stayed here twice now and it didn't get better.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Hello,

Our car service does end 8PM and is a very popular service. It isn't uncommon for all the time slots to fill very quickly. I would advise advanced booking to ensure you are able to take advantage of the service.

If you find any issues with your room, please let us know by calling Whatever/Whenever. We would be glad to send an engineer up to take a look and make necessary repairs. If it can't be repaired, will will do our best to provide additional accommodations.

I hope we can welcome you back.

All the best,