“A great tour...”

Architecture Tours L.A.
Ranked #8 of 256 Tours in Los Angeles
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We toured our own city and had a fantastic time seeing things we never knew existed. Laura is a wealth of knowledge and so very nice to tour with. I highly recommend this tour to locals and tourists alike.

All reviews
"silver lake"
in 62 reviews
"frank lloyd wright"
in 25 reviews
"laura massino"
in 19 reviews
"west hollywood beverly hills"
in 17 reviews
in 20 reviews
"interesting buildings"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 16 March 2014

It has been two years since our last visit to LA, and we knew this trip had to include another tour with Laura during our return trip. Laura is knowledgable, accommodating, and enjoyable. Thank you, Laura, for sharing your love for great architecture and a great city with us!

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Laura is a great guide. Very knowledgable, very personable. She's an architecture historian who really knows LA. I highly recommend this tour.

1  Thank ReadyForThisJelly
Reviewed 4 February 2014

My beautiful fiancee' booked a tour as a birthday gift, and I was a little skeptical- I mean, as a football/car/MMA/motorcycle lovin' guy, I have never had much more than a passing interest in architecture. "That's a cool building," was about as far as my attention went. With Laura at the wheel providing an amazing amount of information, I REALLY enjoyed every minute of the tour! She got me hooked on the awesome history of so many incredible works that I had never given a second glance. Being able to sit in the passenger seat and really take a look at Los Angeles gave me a renewed appreciation for our fascinating city. I have found myself doing more research on some of the sites we visited and the people who built them. Laura is a wonderful guide who loves to answer questions and relishes the sharing of the incredible stories of these buildings. You never feel rushed or that you are listening a "canned" presentation on a rigid timeline; she is warm and inviting and truly invests in you as a friend, rather than a customer.
We will definitely be taking another tour! Thanks Laura!

See more reviews
Reviewed 9 January 2014

A couple of weeks before our trip to LA we had seen an exhibit on LA architects and architecture called "LA Overdrive" at the National Building Museum in Washington, DC. When we found Architecture Tours LA on Trip Advisor, we thought it would be nice to be driven around Hollywood and Beverly Hills to see some of the buildings we had learned about in the exhibit. Laura's tour far surpassed our expectations. Not only did we see examples of all of the architectural styles that we were interested in, Laura explained the competition among styles in various decades as well as the evolution across the 20th Century. In addition, she showed us a couple of obscure buildings designed by the architects that interested us the most (Frank Lloyd ("Lloyd") Wright Jr., Frank Gehry, etc.). Great fun and educational. Well worth the time and $$ if you are interested in architecture or design generally.