Wilshire Motel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
The Brentwood Inn(Los Angeles)
The Ambrose(Santa Monica)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Plaza La Reina(Los Angeles)
View Hotel
All reviewssanta monicabreakfast includedeach morningbeverly hillscottagecvscerealfridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 November 2012

very quint and atmospheric motel in a best location,clean ,good price ,nice breakfast and free parking .My husband and I love it,this is the third time we stay there and will stay again..
My room had a fridge,good TV,plenty of hot water...internet service is excellent ..plenty of good restaurants and cafes in a walking distance...Julia,the manager run a good business and is extremely kind and helpful...They can also drop you of to the airport for a small fee...we highly recommend it

Room Tip: ask for middle room
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2012

You can't beat the Wilshire Motel if you want a great west side location.Could have a very good rating if updated. This is an old motel.The rooms have not been made over for many years.But they are cared for. This gives it the retro feel new motels try for. The rooms are bigger than many standard rooms. They also have larger rooms as well. I paid $95 in June. They had a smoking room for $85 which I declined. The rates include, taxes/internet/free parking and continental breakfast. You walk into your room right from the parking lot, which is very busy, and the owner, Julia, really acts like a traffic cop to make sure people can get in and out. From your room, you have easy walk to resturants, food shopping, cvs, etc. it is really good, and easy acces to the freeways. The breakfast is in a converted room and equal to the top chain motels or better. You can book right with the motel direct there is no cut rate deals just good prices. I would have given it a very good rating if the rooms have been updated. If you do not plan to spend much time in the room this is a great choice.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2012

We (my fiance and I) have stayed here a few times over the past few months. The price is *very* good for what you get (Paid $80-95 for a room with one bed, depending on when we have stayed.)

The rooms are *very* cute and nice. They are adorably decorated, and it feels much more home-y than your average chain motel. There is air conditioning, and they are very clean. The sleep quality is good, too-- have stayed here on weekends and is very quiet.

Julia is still at the motel (manager), and she was just on vacation for two weeks (in reply to ZBHornbill's review.) Julia has been & is really sweet, but both managers have been pretty cool to us when we have stayed.

The parking can be a little tight/confusing, but we haven't had any major problems. It's just a small area, is all. It's also conveniently located next to grocery, drugstore (CVS) & restaurants.

Room Tip: We did stay in a cottage one night-- 1 large "master" bedroom with large bed, TV, closet, and dresser; one regular sized bedroom with a good sized bed and TV, and a large living room with closet, couch with pull-out futon, coffee table, and two smaller beds. *Great* value, too!!! (Approx $140 for the cottage in fall months-- Sept/Oct.)
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Two friends and I stayed in a 2 bedroom 2 bath cottage at this charming, thrifty, vintage motel. The manager was helpful and friendly. The rooms are ultra cute and very clean. The surprise bonuses include complimentary breakfast in the small dining area or outside on the patio, free WI-FI and a free off-street parking.

There is a fair amount of unavoidable street noise from Wilshire and some of the beds are a bit wobbly after all these years, but the charm, convenience and price more than make up for that.

About 10 minutes from the beach and walking distance to a large assortment of interesting restaurants and shops make the location a plus too.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Avoid this motel at all costs! The owner of this motel is TERRIBLE. The rooms are nice and the location is sort of central in West LA, which can be a little bit convenient. Julia, who was mentioned in other reviews, left the motel before our stay (as of Sept. 20), and the current owner is a total jerk.

He did not charge my credit card when I reserved the motel online, and later told me that I have to pay for a 2-bed room because he gave out my room since I did not pay. I gave him all the credit card info but he did not charge it, and now it's my fault that it's not paid. I ended up being charged an extra $20 for HIS mistake!If you ever book here, make sure you come here around noon because this thing called reservation won't actually give you a room here.

As I left the second day, I left a jacket in the room. I called him back a little bit after I left and he said he would "look into it later". I did not get a reply for days, and then when I finally went back to ask, he said (and I quote): "I found totally nothing, you understand? Nothing, Okay? Now Goodbye." And he hang up. This sounds really shady. If I did not tell him about the jacket and just went back, chances are it should still be in the closet.

This owner just has NO respect to customers. He doesn't speak proper English and used a bunch of swear words to me. Just spend that extra $20 and live in the nearby chain inns. At least there IS something called customer service there.

Of course, I would NEVER go back to this place or recommend anyone to live there.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo