“The ideal lodging place, exactly what I was looking for.”
Review of Wilshire Motel

and 1 more site!
Wilshire Motel
Ranked #148 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 24 June 2013

My two week stay at the Wilshire Motel was much better than I expected. The people are extremely friendly and helpful, everything is clean and it really brings you a lot of comfort being such a cozy place! Breakfast is delicious and I am extremely grateful for the many packages the manager received in my behalf. Overall my stay couldn't have been better, I recommend this to anyone who is looking for the perfect place to stay in LA, nothing extremely fancy but definitely lacks nothing. Thanks for the warm welcome!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 May 2013

I stayed at the wilshire motel for the first time last week and I assure you it wont be the last. I first spotted it my last visit out to L A by walking by and thought this place belongs to a different era. I was right in a good way. The rooms are not grand but the people are. In the early a.m. I saw the maid sweeping the front sidewalk and the curb itself. You can imagine how clean the room was. spotless my whole week. Julia, the manager, was a whirlwind just could not do enough. She voluteered discount coupons for attractions, and when I requested the phone number for a cab she insisted on calling herself. You can pay a whole lot more in west L A and get a whole lot less.

Room Tip: if you have questions call and speak to the owners Very helpful
Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank floyd b
Reviewed 1 May 2013

We stayed from Friday to Monday and were very satisfied with the place. The manager is an efficient, friendly and helpful person, who did her best to make our visit to LA a succes. Our room was nice and clean and well serviced by the staff. The breakfast was good. The location of the motel is excellent for visiting LA - especially during weekends, when traffic is not so heavy. We highly recommend this motel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Leon J
Reviewed 3 April 2013

We spent 5 days at this charming little hotel while visiting family. While it wasn't the typical, cookie cutter hotel, It was clean, spacious and comfortable. It was also kind of retro- it appears to have been built in the 40's or 50's and it is extremely well taken care of. We had 2 bedrooms, a living room and a bath. There was a small refrigerator and a microwave and a television in each room. There was also free wifi. It was close to the beaches and there were lots of places to eat in the area. There was also a large grocery store and a drug store nearby. We were traveling with a baby and this place was perfect for us. The continental breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank kld1
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I'm giving 4 stars considering that this place is better than motel, but very average 2-3 starish as hotel. It is budget friendly, clean and spacious. Breakfast is included. Very convenient if you are driving,It is approximately at the same distance from all popular spots. It is couple minutes away from Santa Monica Pier. The room has microwave and refrigerator. The shower is very small to fit. All furniture is old.It was clean,so we didn't bother.The lady Julia is ok to deal with,but the man (I dont know if he is her husband or wht) is very rude. The parking space is limited. By the way, it is not building, each room is neighboring a la villa.

Room Tip: choose the rooms away from the entrance.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank sosyetik
Reviewed 11 March 2013

This small motel is ideal for spending a few days in Los Angeles, is very well located and connected to bus # 2, and then the rest of the city.
The room is ideal for two people, had a wardrobe with hangers, the bathroom is right, the room is equipped with a small refrigerator and microwave oven and a television. Everything was clean and towels changed every day, but not the sheets of the bed.
Julia The manager was very polite and courteous at all times with us.
The breakfast has the basics (fruit, bread, muffins, coffee, tea, cocoa ...).
In short, it is a great motel for a few days in LA.

Room Tip: Wilshire Motel ideal para pasar unos dias en Los Angeles
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 February 2013

While driving to UCLA Santa Monica, the Wilshire Motel sign caught my eye. I was able to just get a glimpse of this property, and so we phoned to check it out. We ended up there that evening for a total of 3 nights. While it isn't up on the level of, let's say, Laguna Hills Lodge, another family owned property (down south off the 405 freeway), we really enjoyed the quaintness and small size of this ol' Mom and Pop place. First off, Julia, our host, was very kind to us, making sure we felt welcome. She went out of her way to fulfill a request for something not in the room, she assisted us with directions, etc. She was very personable. Baskets of geraniums hung outside the rooms and the room was very neat and clean, something I am a stickler about. We had free parking and breakfast available to us. Breakfast included very fresh fruits, bagels, muffins, cereals, coffee and tea's etc. I think the only things I perhaps may have wanted were yogurt and real orange juice. But no complaints. This was a great discovery for us, this will be our "go-to" place while we are in the Los Angeles area for medical care from now on. And guess what? The price was perfect for our budget. I wonder if I should be sharing our new secret, we may find it difficult to get a room in the future! :)

Room Tip: Good idea to reserve in advance!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Coral Sands Motel
#59 of 355 in Los Angeles
Central L.A
Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City

Been to Wilshire Motel? Share your experiences!