“So Much Fun”

and up
Amazing Los Angeles Race: Small Group Tour and Scavenger Hunt
Ranked #38 of 252 Tours in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Owner description: The Amazing Los Angeles Race is part scavenger hunt, part reality show, part self-guided tour, part race and all fun. The Amazing Los Angeles Race is a competitive sight seeing tour where racers get to have a reality show experience, racing against others while they get to see hidden treasures of Hollywood and downtown Los Angeles. It's the most unique sight-seeing tour in the world.
Enola, Pennsylvania
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“So Much Fun”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We did LA 1. We were one of four groups. Our group consisted of myself, my husband and our sons ages 11 and 13. We wore our matching t-shirts and showed up in our minivan and were off to race.

We interesting sites and did some interesting things some of which were local things and not touristy. That was cool in that I always like to know what someone else's normal is like and touristy stuff is not a local's normal.

The downside is that as you are racing through this stuff, you really don't learn much about what you are seeing. So if you want to learn about LA and its features try a bus tour. This amazing race will get you in and about the city and give you a feel for LA and you will have a blast.

The kids loved it and were able to help out with many of the puzzles. They were challenging but straight forward.

Our director of the race was fantastic! I believe his name was Mitch. He or another director will see you at the beginning and end of the race. At the end of this particular race we were offered some food and drink including domestics free of charge.

Be sure to search their website for the discount puzzle! It will save a lot of money. If I ever get back to the west coast I will definitely be doing another race with this company!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank VacationSmith

los angeles
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“re: Best of Downtown”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

What an AWESOME race!! We were in a group of 30 people and did the Downtown LA race.. It was such a perfect way to experience downtown!! There was so much architecture to enjoy as we were running about... Even though I live in Los Angeles, I would recommend this race to everyone as one of my favorite ways to experience Downtown.... Do it!!!!

Visited May 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Great experience for friends and family”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

The fantastic race is a great way to get out there and do something different in Los Angeles. I highly recommend it. A word to the wise though .... do it for fun! If you get real competitive you might end up murdering your teammates because the clues do get frustrating ... lol :)

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Perfect cure for severe jet lag”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Being fans of the TV show, my husband and I signed up for this as soon as we knew we were heading to LA. We had traveled 27 hours door to door the day before, but this was the perfect way to deal with jet lag (no room for slouching here). It was so much fun, and you got to see plenty of the city without feeling touristy. And, oh yes, we won!

1 Thank QatariTraveler
Ontario
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Perfect way to start a visit to LA!”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

My sometimes-hard-to-please 17 y/o daughter and I did the LA #1 Race as our very first excursion after a long flight into LA the night before. What a fun way to erase jet lag and learn about the city in which we'd be spending the next week! Larry did an amazing job with the coordination of the event and he's full of energy and good humor. We raced against a couple from overseas and a group from LA. It was a tight race with the foreigners taking the 1-2 spots: the game is cleverly and thoughtfully designed so that there isn't too much of a home-field advantage. And a few of the spots involved in the game were ones we ended up re-visiting later in our trip, even though we hadn't included them on our agenda before arriving in LA. There is a fair bit of on-foot travel involved over the span of 4-5 hours, but the activity required is far from overwhelming for the average person. Tip: bring an extra scribble pad and pencil if you really want to win! Highly recommended!

4 Thank tklsee