“Don't be a fool”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$78.99*
and up
Amazing Los Angeles Race: Small Group Tour and...
Ranked #2 of 176 Fun & Games in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Owner description: The Amazing Los Angeles Race is part scavenger hunt, part reality show, part self-guided tour, part race and all fun. The Amazing Los Angeles Race is a competitive sight seeing tour where racers get to have a reality show experience, racing against others while they get to see hidden treasures of Hollywood and downtown Los Angeles. It's the most unique sight-seeing tour in the world.
Reviewed 1 July 2010

This is the best thing you could ever do. Forget about all the bus tours and star maps this is the best activity to get to see it all. Just like everyone says I am from LA and haven't seen a few of the places and truly enjoyed learning how to get around WITHOUT a car. You can do it in LA. Don't hesitate sign up it will be so much fun and lets get this to be a huge success for BOB & Larry and all those that help!!!!!!! One of the best parts is you can make friends to, we are already planning a trip to visit another team.

All reviews
"skills"
"disneyland"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 29 June 2010

I'm a huge fan of The Amazing Race, and immediately got excited when I heard about this game through a friend. Larry (I believe he's one of the owners) was a huge help with all my questions as I set this up for 7 friends and myself for one of the public races.

My bf and I did Accomplice: Hollywood (also a lot of fun) last fall, which somewhat primed us for this experience. The Amazing LA Race is a solid challenge both mentally and physically - but not so much that you should be intimidated from trying it out. Be prepared to walk (or run, depending on how competitive your team is) a lot, and to see lots of LA sights in a whole new light. All my friends and I are So Cal natives and/or LA residents of at least two years, and we each did/saw something completely new on the race.

If you like puzzles, you will not be disappointed! There are some fantastic clues that we had lots of fun figuring out. Also, it works well for both small and large teams. My group ended up racing in two teams, as 6 and 2. I initially thought the team of 6 was going to be too many cooks in the kitchen, but it worked out well to have the extra brainpower and input (albeit, likely because we were all into the game).

Reviewed 20 June 2010

This game is so fun and engrossing. Even though I've lived in LA now for more than 30 years competing was still a challenge. There were five on our team, and each one of us was crucial to making it to the end. In a region where mindless activities beckon (Disneyland, star tours, anyone?) it's great that such smart event exists -- and is doing so well. Kind of the adult version of the SAT, this scavanger hunt/race really keeps you on your toes, makes you smarter, makes you feel proud to have participated. Plus, the organizers are such sweet and fun people.

Reviewed 17 June 2010

My family of four (2 older kids) completed the race a few days ago. What a great, memorable experience!!! We had a ball! Although it was a little more grueling than I thought it wouold be, we came in second out of six teams (yeah team Z from Cleveland!)
If you get the opportunity to participate, don't miss the chance. It is very organized, the owners of the company are very hands on and helpful. Pay attention to all your surroundings while searching for clues and do not dismiss or ignore anyone! It was hard to take in the beautiful and interesting sights because you are so focused on "winning" the race! Wear comfortable shoes, bring water and have a great time!