“Wonderful property.”

Ranked #8 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Wonderful property.”
Reviewed 17 May 2011

Have stayed in many Ritz Carltons around the country, and this did not disappoint. Service was perfect from check in to check out. Front desk staff greeted us by name. Was presented with champagne. Children welcomed and also offered drinks. Room was very modern, but still warm. Beautiful modern bathroom. Kids loved TV in mirror. Was on 23 floor and views were super.
Be sure to pay the up grade for Club Lounge. The $70 or so extra is well worth it. Four services a day. We ate breakfast, lunch, and dinner in lounge. Were out of hotel for dessert service sadly. Staff in lounge and all over the hotel were very polite and helpful.
Pool area is nice, but was windy for our stay. Cabanas very nice. There is a pool side bar, we did not need as had club lounge, but waitress seemed very gracious.
Husband and kids used the fitness center both mornings. We did not eat in the restaurant as we were out both evenings.
Freeway access was very easy for getting around. Kids liked movie theater just across the street. Parking fee was $32 dollars a night and internet was $12.95 a day.
We will return to this hotel when we are in town this summer.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Norgetroll

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 17 May 2011

I booked one night as a birthday gift to my bf who generally insists on having the finer things in life and boy was it fine! The room was spacious. There is a TV embedded in the bathroom mirror, the bathroom has both a big tub and rain shower head, the decor is very modern/contemporary, someone from front-desk walked us up and gave us a mini tour of the room, a personal kit including a toothbrush and room sandals were provided, the bottled water was free and valet offers you even more water before you leave (seriously, a bottle of water costs about 25 cents, why don't all hotels offer just a basic free bottle of water to guests?) Anyway, all the luxury did cost quite a bit but this was a gift so I sucked it up!
The location is in the LA Live area which pretty much represents LA as most visitors imagine it to be.
If you can afford it, stay at the Ritz Carlton over and over and over again.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mystelody
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed 9 May 2011

I've stayed at Ritz-Carlton properties often, and selected this property because of its location and that it was a new hotel. It was superb in every aspect. The reception desk person greeted me by name and was very helpful in providing a wonderful room. The club staff were, to a person, genuinely welcoming and gracious.

There are many choices in hotels in the LA area. I would recommend this hotel as one of the best.

Room Tip: If you can get a corner room do so.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank aaflyer3M
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 1 March 2011

My 18 year old son and I travelled from Canada down to Los Angeles during the last weekend of January, 2011. I had bought LA Lakers and LA Clippers game tickets as well as a flight from Calgary for his Christmas present (as he is a HUGE Lakers fan).
The only thing was missing was a hotel to stay at during our time in LA. After reading many reviews on this site I decided on the Ritz-Carlton in Los Angeles.
My son and I have taken many trips together including our regular trips to Hawaii where we have met some of the most incredible hotel staff ever.
From the moment we arrived at the Ritz-Carlton until the day we left, the staff there had to be amongst the most accomodating, friendliest, and courteous staff in all of my travels!!! They went above and beyond to ensure that our stay would be one of our most memorable....and they certainly did!!
We attended 3 NBA games in 3 days (as well as hitting Rodeo Drive and a few other spots) and will take home great memories of the both the games and the amazing staff at this hotel!!!!! Thanks Ritz-Carlton!!!!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank k911
sin johns
Reviewed 8 February 2011

Landed in LA (Los Angeles for those not in the know) due to passport difficulties. An idyllic location. From the moment I walked in they made me feel welcome. The upgraded room view overlooking the Hollywood Hills was amazing. The club lounge was one of the best I've ever been to (trust me I'm not Charlie Sheen but I've seen a few). The outdoor pool is fabulous, and the staff truly exceptional. They catered to my every request. Thankfully it was within walking distance of the Canadian consulate. They did indeed offer me a complimentary mercedes limo daily, but I declined rather enjoying the Los Angeles air quality.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed 16 January 2011

The hotel is highly recommendable for both tourists and visitors of the city as well as for a business trip. It opened up in April 2010 and has 123 rooms. The hotel is located in a tower that offers a great view over Downtown L.A.
I really liked the size of the rooms with huge panorama-windows and the bathroom with TV and a really cool bath tub
In the hotel you can also find the restaurant WP24 which is created by Wolfgang Puck. The hotel is right next to the JW Marriott Los Angeles Hotel and in walking-distance of the L.A. Convention Center. Also nearby are the STAPLES Center, Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE, The GRAMMY® Museum and an array of restaurants, venues and nightspots. Hence I can recommend it for both tourists and business trips.

• Stayed November 2010
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 29 November 2010

My wife and I have only good things to say about the new Ritz Carlton in Los Angeles. Our experience started with prompt and professional valet service. We arrived somewhat early and we were immediately shown to a 3 room 1200 sq ft Executive suite on the Club Floor. Club access allowed us a nicely done buffet breakfast, lunch and after dinner desserts. Cocktails, champagne and wine were provided whenever we wished. The friendly club floor concierges were very welcoming and knowledgable and made us feel right at home.

Wolfgang Puck's new restaurant, WP24 was an excellent place to have dinner. It's on the 24th floor, thus the name, with spectacular views of downtown LA skyscrapers. The food was imaginative and consisted of tasty chinese and other asian dishes. Both the decor and menu made dinner at WP24 a memorable nice experience.

LA Live itself is a new downtown location surrounded by many different entertainment venues. There are restaurants, an ice skating rink for the holiday season, The Nokia Theatre and The Grammy Museum which had very interesting exhibits featuring John Lennon, Janis Joplin and The Doors among many others. Nice seeing Jim Morrison's boy scout card and his driver's license picture from 1967.

We're in Los Angeles a few times a year and the Ritz Carlton at LA Live is our new destination. Highly recommended!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple