“LA Live Convenience!”

Ranked #6 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
Scottsdale, Arizona
“LA Live Convenience!”
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed the weekend of the 21st, corner view room on the club level. Exceptional service/amenities in the club level lounge. The room was well appointed with spectacular views of Southern California. The properties location is ideal for any event at LA Live/Staples/Nokia venues. Highly recommended.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Greg W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here over the weekend of the 20th at the club level. I was fortunate to have a corner room, with spectacular views to the South and West. The club level lounge, apparently the largest in the U.S. RC chain, was well appointed with friendly, attentive service. The room, in addition to the views, was quite nice and spacious. The location, amongst the L.A. Live/Staples Center venue, is convenient to these attractions. Highly recommended.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Rancho Cucamonga, California
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I wish I could say that this hotel exceeded my expectations but unfortunately it was far from it. I stayed at this property a few months back and decided to now share my disappointment with my stay. I checked in at 10pm and checked out early morning so I can't say that I got to experience all the amenities they offer, but what I can say is that the service was below average especially for this type of hotel. The phone next to the bed was non operational and when I called down to room service they took forever to answer and didn't seem to be very knowledgeable on the items on the menu. It was a cold night and I tried to turn the heat on in the room which was also non-operational and when I tried to call front desk to check it out I got no answer. At this point I just gave up because I was going down to the lobby and complain at such a later hour. So needless to say I spent $500 dollars on a room to get subpar service and to freeze all night. I will not be returning to this particular property.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank CaliLiving101
Reggie D, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Hello CaliLiving101,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and feedback with us. I'm sorry we were not able to provide you an exceptional service. It truly is not what we would want our guests to experience while staying at our hotel. I understand your frustration, as I too would be frustrated. Please note we have taken this information very seriously, and will use it as a learning tool to better our services and products to our guests. Hopefully, one day in the future we'll be able to welcome you back, and show you a different side of us.

All the best..
Basalt, Colorado
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is super cozy! Very clean and welcoming. By far my favorite place to stay when the wife and I take our yearly trip to Hollywood. The pool is great for the kids and the peace and quiet is crazy good! The price is also very fair for middle class people.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Husky B
ca
Reviewed 11 June 2014

When you open your car door you are greeted by the first of many top notch professionals who make sure your stay exceeds every expectation. Bryant at the front, Ashley in the club, and countless others who will smile and make sure you have no concerns when in their house. Rooms are nice but could use some updates, beds are perfection, and the A/C will chill you to ice if you want. The new Nest Restaurant set up is a winner for casual dining and will impress with excellent menu choices.
If you want the best and are near downtown The Ritz and the team are #1!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Ask2416
Reviewed 27 May 2014

From beginning to end this was an outstanding experience Ashley was an amazing manager, totally focused on our family and a very genuine person. the room and club level were as good as any ritz elsewhere. The concierge desk were very helpful with all of our needs.
A+. Would highly recommend.

a great staff!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Pspappas
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This is my favorite hotel on the entire West coast. The Ritz has great service and quality. And lot of quality. The staff is the best trained. And maids have outstanding cleaning skills, This is the best hotel in all of Los Angeles. Great for business as well.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Jen S
Reggie D, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Jen S,

Your positive review truly makes me happy to know that you value our hotel as your favorite on the West Coast. I am so glad our staff is able to take care of you, and that our Ladies in Housekeeping are also recognized. I sincerely appreciate your feedback, and hope to welcome you back in the near future! I hope you enjoy this weekend, and take care!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Sheraton Grand Los Angeles
Sheraton Grand Los Angeles
#7 of 350 in Los Angeles
Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza
JW Marriott Los Angeles L.A. LIVE
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#2 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles? Share your experiences!