“Best Hotel experience ever. Hands down. Samantha was fantastic in making the stay enjoyable.”

The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles
Ranked #6 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 10 August 2014

When we first arrived, everybody was very friendly, greeting us with warm welcomes and iced cold waters. Which was very nice after hot drive from LAX to the hotel. We were checked in quickly, and were greeted by the front desk manger Samantha. First tip: Whenever coming here ask for Samantha, she is great with making you feel at home, and accomadates to your needs. Very professional, and makes sure that your stay is the best you had. Anything that was a problem to us, she quickly took care of, I am suprised she is not ranked higher with her skills! By the end of the first night we felt like we were truly at home. The pool is always quiet in a penthouse manner, rooms are very clean, and the cleaning ladies come in twice a day! Everybody is beyond professional and willing to do whatever it takes to make your stay enjoyable. it is a family atsmophere. The stay was so good, that our next vacation will be coming to L.A mostly because of this amazing hotel who makes you feel like royalty. If your in the area for LA LIVE, or Los Angeles in general- this is the place to be! Highly reccomend the Ritz Carlton at LA LIVE, hands down best hotel ever. P.S Cynthia at guest services is a great help when planning things to in hollywood or great Los angeles area. The reccomendations she made were great, and we had lots of fun. Best hotel, make sure to reserve here!! :). Tip: Book directly through the Ritz, they try there best to give you the best available rate.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 22nd floor, that way you only need one elevator to your room, and the rooms ar...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sameer S
Reggie D, Hotel Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2014

Sameer S,

First, thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Your honest feedback helps us learn of how our guests are well taken care of. I am honored to have an amazing team player such as Samantha, and to hear she went above and beyond to assist you makes me very happy. I'm glad you found Cynthia's recommendations great and helpful! Service is a core value of The Ritz- Carlton brand, and I am glad we were able to make your stay memorable!

Hoping to welcome you back to our hotel soon!

All the best..

There are newer reviews for The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I just stayed here for two nights while in L.A. for some meetings. The room I was given (on the 25th floor - club level) was beautifully done, with a gorgeous bathroom that could have been featured in a design magazine. I was concerned about street noise (always my pet peeve when traveling) but I was surprised to find that I couldn't even hear a sound from the freeway below. I did hear a faint chiming-type noise from the elevator (it made that noise whenever opening), but my room was far enough away from it that I could only hear it when standing at the part of the room near the door - I couldn't hear it near my bed. Another positive was that the HVAC controls worked very well - I was easily able to adjust the temperature up and down in the room.

My biggest complaint - and this is something I hope the management rectifies - was that there were not any accessible outlets or charging stations where I could plug in my laptop, my iPad, or my iPhone. I had to reach down behind the dresser and unplug one where the clock radio was located in order to have my iPhone next to my bed while sleeping. Also, they charge for WiFi, which is ridiculous (and feels like nickel-and-diming), especially given the amount that they charge for club level rooms.

But overall, if I needed to be in downtown L.A., I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator so you can't hear the "chiming" noise when the e...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank sarah7038
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Our previous experiences of the Ritz-Carlton have always delivered nothing but the highest of standards, in service, facilities and food. The Club level is definitely worth the extra money. Access to the lounge gives you a great place to sit and relax or catch up on emails and work. The staff at the club concierge and bar are very professional and friendly. The food served all day at the lounge is great whether you want breakfast and lunch meals or just a light snack and drink.

The hotel boasts a 24 hour swimming pool and fitness centre, which are both very well maintained, as well as a spa and tennis courts which can be booked by the concierge on your behalf.

The room overlooked the marina and distant views of the small beach which is walking from the hotel.

The Ritz-Carlton continues to serve us a one of our favourite hotels and has always set the bar high for others. The Ritz has yet to disappoint, only please.

Room Tip: Pay the extra fee for the club floor upgrade.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank GuardedCircle
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

This place is connected to the Marriott. In fact it might as well just be an upgraded room on a Marriott floor. The people were friendly. The room was fine. We stayed here because of the location. Next time, I'll save money and stay at the Marriott.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank LouisvilleWildcatfan
Reggie D, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear LouisvilleWildcatfan,

We thank you for taking the time to let us know how you feel. We really appreciate your honest feedback! We are glad you found our staff friendly and our accommodations to be enjoyable. We would hope to welcome you back to stay at our facilities in the near future again.

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

With the Ritz you know you are always going to get great service and a very LA good looking staff. The hotel has nice rooms with all the special touches as well as nice roof top pool and fitness center. The lobby is just a desk and elevator if you want more you have to walk to the adjoining Marriott although that is not normally what you are looking for when staying at the Ritz.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank LakeMarcoPolo
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The service staff at the Ritz-Carlton is bar none the best I’ve experienced among the many 4 star hotels I’ve stayed in across the country. Never have I felt I was inconveniencing anyone, everyone I’ve encountered was friendly, informed, good conversationalists, and seemed happy to help with whatever needs I had, from the valet staff, service desk, to the bell hop, and everyone in between.

The room I stayed in was a suite, remarkably designed, beautifully decorated, scrupulously clean, with a great view of downtown Los Angeles. The bed was firm, comfortable, where I slept deeper than I had in a very long time (I’m crediting their plush pillows as well – I’ll also add that when you lay in a bed where you immediately have a smile on your face, you’re getting a good night’s sleep!). The showers were beautifully designed (that was unexpected), the water temperature and pressure was above par (and I’m very particular), it was nice to “get the job done”, as well as shower in a space that was nice to look at.

I’ve taken advantage of the (optional) Club Lounge - a casual, quiet relaxation space where creatively presented buffets of not only aesthetically pleasing but well cooked food was served. There, I was often greeted by an educated, exceptionally well- mannered young service staff who were knowledgeable about happenings in the downtown area, as well as great conversationalists about a great many topics – something that’s especially appreciated as a business traveler not familiar with the towns I visit (downtown LA can be especially scary if you’re not familiar with the area).

The rooftop pool area was a treat – aesthetically as well as functionally. My favorite area was the lounge area, where I was tickled to find a small organic garden (where I learned the bartending staff use when preparing drinks). Their pool was long enough to get a good work out in a shorter amount of time than other pools I’ve used in other hotels. I especially enjoyed finding a quiet spot to read far enough away from the pool where I didn’t feel I had to leave the area to have some quiet time to myself.

In this insanely busy city where I often experience sensory overload, it was an enormous relief to step into a place where you can forget where you’ve been, and just relax.

Room Tip: This was my first stay at the hotel - the room I stayed in was so quiet, it was easy to forget your...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank PhiloSophia909
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The Ritz Carlton Los Angeles is located in the L.A. Live Complex where the Staples Center, The Nokia Center and The Grammy Museum is located, along with a host of other entertainment destinations and restaurants.

Upon entering the valet parking area, there were several attendants “working” but most of them were just standing around and not doing much. It took several minutes before I was help, and was asked to move my car myself. I thought the point of valet parking, along with the $42 parking fee, was that somebody was supposed to do this for you. I wouldn’t mind parking my own car if the $42 got refunded to me.

Upon entering the hotel, the front desk is located to the left. There were two front desk agents working and I was quickly assisted.

I was booked into a King Room with Club Lounge access, however I was informed that I had been further upgraded to an Executive Suite (which measures 1,200 square feet) with Club Lounge access. I am not sure if this was due to my prior experience, or the fact that the Stanley Cup was going on and the hotel was nearly sold out. Either way I was pleasantly surprised and grateful for the further upgrade.

The room boasted great views of the LA Live Complex including Staples Center and the Nokia Theater.

I was escorted to the room by the front desk agent, who also showed me the features of the room.

Upon entering the room, there is a zig-zagging hallway that lead to a T-intersection. From that point, the bedroom was to the right and the rest of the room was located to the left.

Upon entering the bedroom there is a small vanity area.

Past that is a hallway of sort with the closet on the right, and an area to store your luggage on the left.

To the left of the vanity area, the master bathroom is located to the right. The bathroom is long and somewhat narrow but huge.

There are two sinks with plenty of counter space. So much so that you could turn it into a bar if you wanted to. My main problem with the sinks was the type and location of the faucets. Although they are nice, they are located so high above the sink and the water comes out with so much force that placing your hands under the running water caused it to be splashed all over the place. I felt like I was back at Niagara Falls.

The toiled is located opposite the sinks behind frosted glass.

Once at the end of the counter, there was a hallway to the right that led to the tub and shower area. The area is enclosed, with a separate soaking tub and shower with a rainfall shower head, as well as a hand held one. Water pressure and temperature were fantastic.

The bedroom is spacious with ample space on either side of the bed. The bed faced a flat screen TV and bathroom.

There is a chaise lounge against the window overlooking Staples Center.

The guest bathroom is large and contains a toilet and sink. The towels were placed under the sink, which I thought was rather odd.

There is a dining room table with seating for six.

There is a small wet bar area which also houses a Nespresso machine. The mini bar is fully stocked with drinks and snacks.

The rest of the living room is spacious and contains a sofa, coffee table and chair.

There is a glass counter desk with ample working room.

The Club Lounge is very spacious and was usually not crowded.

Upon entering, there are bowls of candy on the right, and a table full of cookies straight ahead. There was also a Stanley Cup display with shortbread cookies with each team’s emblem, and a chocolate replica of the Stanley Cup.

Lunch offerings included a crab ceviche salad, crudité with ranch, duck with vegetable couscouse and quince paste, grilled vegetable terrine, chips and salsa, spring rolls, cheese and crackers along with a selection of desserts.

Breakfast offerings included lots of fresh fruit with some of the best pineapple that I have had in my life, muffins, pastries, croissants, cold cuts, cheese, smoked salmon, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage and yogurt.

The Club Lounge attendants were friendly and helpful in getting drinks and clearing dishes.

The gym is somewhat small and includes treadmills, elliptical machines, stationary bikes, weight machines and a small free weight area.

This was an outstanding stay, and outside of the valet parking and my dislike for the faucets in the bathrooms I would definitely stay at the Ritz Carlton Los Angeles. I have had access to the Club Lounge at several Ritz Carlton’s and I believe it is worth the extra charge for the quality and variety of food.

(In full disclosure, I was invited back to the Ritz Carlton Los Angeles for a room with Club Lounge access after my last stay included many service errors. The opinions expressed are mine alone and were not solicited by the Ritz Carlton.)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
#7 of 353 in Los Angeles
JW Marriott Los Angeles L.A. LIVE
Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#1 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles? Share your experiences!