“Service beyond expectation!”

The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles
Ranked #10 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at many Ritz hotels and have always received great service. This time was no exception and was the best we have ever experienced! We recently traveled to California and we were going to spend one night in Los Angeles. The Ritz was located centrally to where we would be visiting. The guest relations manager, Ashley Weed, contacted us before our arrival. Once she figured out the goals of our trip, she went above and beyond In making our stay as wonderful as possible. There were surprises waiting for my son and daughter that made the entire trip special. The staff provided directions and tips that made getting around town as easy as possible. The food was great and the room was incredibly comfortable. We did not want to leave. Although more expensive, the next hotel we stayed in during this trip was nowhere near as good as the Ritz. We will definitely stay there again when we return to the area.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank SergioAinSA

Reviewed 24 August 2014

From the moment we arrived we were treated as if we were their only guests! Valet offered to charge my Tesla at the onsite Blink charging station and even stuck around until 4:30AM to make sure that it was disconnected from the charger when charging was complete! Ashley, in Client Relations made sure that everything was perfect for us upon arrival! We were there for a Dodger game and a few hours before the game a plate of gourmet goodies arrived at our door complete with a handmade Dodger cookie! We were offered champagne right at check-in! Our bags were immediately brought up to our room, ice was already in the bucket even! Room temp was perfect as well. The magic of the Ritz is simple, anticipation. They anticipate your each and other whim! They know what you need before you even realize you need it! With only a 132 rooms they have seem to have a ratio of 10 staff members for each guest! Absolutely the way that a 1st class hotel should be ran!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian N
Reggie D, Hotel Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2014

Brian N,

I cannot thank you enough for your feedback. Our Team go to great lengths to create a memorable Ritz- Carlton experience to our guests, and I am truly happy we were able to create one for you during your visit with us. Ashley is a great asset to my team, and it makes me very proud that she was able to take care of you. I hope to welcome you back again to our property in the near future!

All the best..

Reviewed 23 August 2014

We're familiar with the Ritz and this one did not disappoint. From check-in to check-out, the Ritz makes us feel at home and very comfortable! Very courteous staff, attentive valet, and hotel cleanliness perfect! Always get the access to the Club lounge - a nice respite place!
Is it worth the cost? - absolutely!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank delmundov

Dear delmundov,

Thank you for your feedback!! I am so happy to hear we were able to make you feel at home and comfortable. I'm also glad you enjoy our Club Lounge. We certainly strive to take care of our guests, and I am thankful our staff was able to take care of you.

Hope to welcome you back to stay with us again in the future!

Take care..

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel. It sits in the middle of LA Live and is connected to the JW Marriott, which is a large convention hotel, but despite this, is a peaceful and tranquil hotel.

The rooms are great and the pool deck is incredible, but the physical space only tells part of the story about The Ritz Carlton LA. The best aspect of this hotel are the amazing team members who work there. I was greeted with an e-mail from Mariana several days before I arrived and she offered to take care of anything I needed before or during my stay. She helped me with several things and provided outstanding customer service.

One night when I got back to my room about 1am, I was feeling extremely ill. I called down to the front desk to see if they knew where I could get some medication. They went into the closed gift shop at the JW Marriott to get me some NyQuil and offered to run to a 24 hour pharmacy for me if I needed anything else. If that is not top-notch customer service, I don't know what is.

It is an outstanding hotel and I look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Benjamin V
Reviewed 10 August 2014

When we first arrived, everybody was very friendly, greeting us with warm welcomes and iced cold waters. Which was very nice after hot drive from LAX to the hotel. We were checked in quickly, and were greeted by the front desk manger Samantha. First tip: Whenever coming here ask for Samantha, she is great with making you feel at home, and accomadates to your needs. Very professional, and makes sure that your stay is the best you had. Anything that was a problem to us, she quickly took care of, I am suprised she is not ranked higher with her skills! By the end of the first night we felt like we were truly at home. The pool is always quiet in a penthouse manner, rooms are very clean, and the cleaning ladies come in twice a day! Everybody is beyond professional and willing to do whatever it takes to make your stay enjoyable. it is a family atsmophere. The stay was so good, that our next vacation will be coming to L.A mostly because of this amazing hotel who makes you feel like royalty. If your in the area for LA LIVE, or Los Angeles in general- this is the place to be! Highly reccomend the Ritz Carlton at LA LIVE, hands down best hotel ever. P.S Cynthia at guest services is a great help when planning things to in hollywood or great Los angeles area. The reccomendations she made were great, and we had lots of fun. Best hotel, make sure to reserve here!! :). Tip: Book directly through the Ritz, they try there best to give you the best available rate.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 22nd floor, that way you only need one elevator to your room, and the rooms ar...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sameer S

Sameer S,

First, thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Your honest feedback helps us learn of how our guests are well taken care of. I am honored to have an amazing team player such as Samantha, and to hear she went above and beyond to assist you makes me very happy. I'm glad you found Cynthia's recommendations great and helpful! Service is a core value of The Ritz- Carlton brand, and I am glad we were able to make your stay memorable!

Hoping to welcome you back to our hotel soon!

All the best..

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I just stayed here for two nights while in L.A. for some meetings. The room I was given (on the 25th floor - club level) was beautifully done, with a gorgeous bathroom that could have been featured in a design magazine. I was concerned about street noise (always my pet peeve when traveling) but I was surprised to find that I couldn't even hear a sound from the freeway below. I did hear a faint chiming-type noise from the elevator (it made that noise whenever opening), but my room was far enough away from it that I could only hear it when standing at the part of the room near the door - I couldn't hear it near my bed. Another positive was that the HVAC controls worked very well - I was easily able to adjust the temperature up and down in the room.

My biggest complaint - and this is something I hope the management rectifies - was that there were not any accessible outlets or charging stations where I could plug in my laptop, my iPad, or my iPhone. I had to reach down behind the dresser and unplug one where the clock radio was located in order to have my iPhone next to my bed while sleeping. Also, they charge for WiFi, which is ridiculous (and feels like nickel-and-diming), especially given the amount that they charge for club level rooms.

But overall, if I needed to be in downtown L.A., I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator so you can't hear the "chiming" noise when the e...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank sarah7038
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Our previous experiences of the Ritz-Carlton have always delivered nothing but the highest of standards, in service, facilities and food. The Club level is definitely worth the extra money. Access to the lounge gives you a great place to sit and relax or catch up on emails and work. The staff at the club concierge and bar are very professional and friendly. The food served all day at the lounge is great whether you want breakfast and lunch meals or just a light snack and drink.

The hotel boasts a 24 hour swimming pool and fitness centre, which are both very well maintained, as well as a spa and tennis courts which can be booked by the concierge on your behalf.

The room overlooked the marina and distant views of the small beach which is walking from the hotel.

The Ritz-Carlton continues to serve us a one of our favourite hotels and has always set the bar high for others. The Ritz has yet to disappoint, only please.

Room Tip: Pay the extra fee for the club floor upgrade.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Beverly Hills
The Beverly Hills Hotel
The Beverly Hills Hotel
#2 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles? Share your experiences!