“Saw the Basilica of The Virgin of Los Angeles”
Review of Virgin Megastore

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Virgin Megastore
Ranked #136 of 223 Shopping in Los Angeles
Reviewed 28 January 2014

As part of the Irazu Volcano & Orosi Valley tour we stopped at the city of Cartago in Central Costa Rica. Getting to the city from the Volcano one starts to enjoy and appreciate the rural setting of Costa Rica. It was a scenic trip with spectacular views of the green Orosi valley. Cartago was the first capital of Costa Rica and the Basilica is the most important site of the city. Once we arrived to the basilica one can notice the uniqueness. The structure of the basilica is of a Byzantine style that makes it interesting. The inside has hand painted columns that give it a feeling of a Byzantine church. The tour guide informed us that August second is the anniversary of the Virgin. Pilgrims come from different part of Costa Rica each August to participate in the anniversary.

1  Thank RamonSalcido
Reviewed 14 July 2008

I had heard rumors of how great the Virgin Megastores were (especially the one in New York City), so I was very excited to visit the Virgin Store in L.A. Perhaps it was this excitement that led to my extreme disappointment, but I don't think my overzealousness is the only thing to blame. This store claimed to be a two level super store when it was actually a split-level (actually one level but just a little difference in elevation between the two sides of the split). One whole section was just cheap T-shirts and I didn't see any actual records in sight. This just seemed to be a glirified Circuit City or Best Buy with cool decorations on the walls. Definitely not a tourist stop or even a good place to go for a rare or highly sought album.

1  Thank Sara C