“Great shopping experience!”

and up
Private Luxurious Tour of Los Angeles
Ranked #15 of 580 things to do in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Owner description: Santa Monica Bay consists of 50 miles of scenic coastline with 22 separate public beaches, providing recreational opportunities to visitors year round.
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We didn't go to Santa Monica for the beach - we took a walk down there and the beach is nice and wide - we didn't go in the water. The pier is a little tacky for our taste - the usual Bubba Shrimp and funnel cakes and rides that you can see anywhere at these types of locations.
We really enjoyed the shops on 3rd street - the street is a pleasant area to spend a morning or afternoon with plenty of restaurants etc. Santa Monica is an upscale beach town and a welcome break from the traffic in LA

Reviewed 16 August 2014

This is such a wonderful beach and it is enhanced by the strand which is a street wide sidewalk and all of the things going on along the beach.

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

My family visited the beach after walking along the Santa Monica Pier. This is a very clean, family oriented beach with lots of kids frolicking in the water with boogie boards. Lots of life guards around on duty too. They have an outdoor shower pole for rinsing off your legs and feet, and lots of public bathroom stalls for changing clothes.

I'd say this is one of the nicest beaches in the LA area. There's parking right next to the beach for $15/day, and you can probably find cheaper parking a little inland from the beach.

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

It is very nice and long stretch of beautiful and relaxing coast with all the facilities in near reach. I has a nice pedestrian and cycle lanes which completes the fun: beach, walking, cycling, peer, and restaurants.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I'm not normally a "sit at the beach and relax all day" kind of person, so I never expected to fall so head over heels in love with Santa Monica. If I could have, I would have rescheduled my flight just to spend more time here. I haven't felt so relaxed in a long time. You could easily spend a few days here.