“Fantastic a must do in LA”

Sunset Ranch Hollywood
More attraction details
Owner description: Tour LA on horseback: saddle up and ride over the ridge into Burbank, have a Mexican meal and ride back to the stables by moonlight.
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

Having never been on a horse I was a bit apprehensive about this but it was such a great experience. The views you get from the trail are absolutely amazing and the people and horses are so nice. It's also not that far from the Hollywood walk of fame.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

We read no reviews prior to our surprise decision. And well worth it, it was!! There were 3 of us (adults), and we arrived around 11am, and we were processed quickly. The horses are changed in between tours, although my trusty steed was a tad sweaty! Tours run approximately every hour, and the staff were great. Parking was a bit of a bother, but if one is patient, a spot will will soon become available in the street leading up to the sand path leading up to Sunset Ranch. Everyone wears a helmet, no one may carry a bag (which are kept safely in the office for the duration). Cameras fine. Also, the guides take photos whilst you are riding, which is great. The guides offer a mine of information about the area .... And then lo and behold the HOLLYWOOD sign. Loved it! Don't forget to offer (recommended by them) a tip at then dof your tour.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

We were a little worried after reading some of the reviews on here, especially about the horses walking close to the edge.
What were we worried about! It was fantastic. My husband has never been on a horse before and he loved it. The horses are very steady and calm, very easily controlled with the reins and they do this every day.
The views across LA were amazing and our guide had lots of interesting information about the area, especially all the films that were made there.
Would defiantly recommend it. The staff were friendly and helpful, the horses well looked after and the staff knew all their different personalities. The staff do seem to be there voluntarily and tips are appreciated, but after the ride we were more than happy to leave a tip as our guide had been very good. Took photos of us all for us too.
One thing I would say, is take our camera. On previous riding experiences we weren't allowed cameras, this one you were and the views definitely warranted a camera
Will definitely go again, the kids had a great time.

1  Thank Tinkerbell101971
Reviewed 11 August 2013

The ride was great as well as the scenery that was beautiful, we were near the Hollywood sign that was awesome.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

I have done many trail rides and have ridden a lot of horses in my life. Usually I go near the Equestrian Center and use Bar S on Riverside (or whatever they've changed the name to, only 20 bucks for an hour). I decided since I've done that ride many times to try something else - especially with my niece visiting. I had my daughter and my niece with me - both 10 years old, both pretty good on horses. I'm giving it three stars because it is a really uncomfortable feeling when the horses go so close to the edge. You can call me a chicken all you want, but I didn't like it all that much. And, with my daughter in front of me and my niece behind me, I was pretty stressed. I told myself that the horse didn't want to die, so I was sure we'd all be fine, but still, not a relaxing ride. The people were nice, our guide was great (forgot her name). I thought the trail would be something other than what people were hiking - it's a little strange to be passing groups of people hiking, and some having dogs with them made me nervous as well, lest the horses get spooked. Then, you arrive at a spot and just turn around - same view, just going down instead of up. I'd say if you're an adult and want to go, great. For me, I'd never do it again with kids (or myself for that matter!). They say 8 and up, and if you're comfortable with that, fine. I know that we won't be back.

1  Thank rkcue