“A great time”

Sunset Ranch Hollywood
More attraction details
Owner description: Tour LA on horseback: saddle up and ride over the ridge into Burbank, have a Mexican meal and ride back to the stables by moonlight.
Ontario
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“A great time”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Sorry - not sure what happened with my last review. Anyways, I was saying that we were first-time horse riders and so we don't have experience with other horseriding places. That said, we were very happy with every aspect of our visit to Sunset Ranch. The parking is limited but be patient - we waited about 5 minutes and a spot opened up. Sign-up was quick and easy and the orientation was friendly and professional. We did the 1-hour ride accompanied by about 10 other riders and 2 guides. Every single horse was well-behaved and did their thing without surprises - no expert handling required. The guides were lovely, friendly ladies who deserve generous tips at the end (we budgeted $10 per guide, which ended up being the recommended amount). The location and trail can't be beat - so accessible from Hollywood with breathtaking views. Excellent value too, in my opinion. We will definitely visit again next time we are in LA.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank tklsee

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant day”
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

Just got back from a great ride in the Hollywood Hills, it had been quite a long time since being on a horse but all was good. Great views and a very sexy cowboy as a guide, thanks Otto

Visited February 2014
Brisbane, Australia
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Hollywood on horseback”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

A great attraction in the Hollywood Hills allowing you to take in the Hollywood sign, Griffith Park and Los Angeles views and sunset. Did this as a spur of the moment before heading to LAX and very pleased that I did.

Did a one hour return ride from the ranch into Griffith Park as close as I've been past the "Hollywood" sign with magnificent vistas back down the valley.

The ranch staff are very engaging and explain all safety aspects. Our group consisted of three Australians late Friday afternoon led by Sunset Ranch's Isaac who provided commentary and conversation throughout the ride. The horses also performed well throughout the ride.

I would recommend this ride to anyone visiting the area, it is reasonably priced (USD40 for 1 hour ) and with different options available if you have more time.

Visited December 2013
Costa Mesa, California
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“GREAT TIME”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Took my son back in May 2013. Our tour guide was Robbie. We were the only ones on the ride. The restaurant was great too. We had a really good time. It was a very long ride. Will do it again, soon.

Visited May 2013
Bristol, England
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Highlight of our Hollywood stay”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

My husband and I took advantage of a 2-for-1 voucher for a Tuesday ride. This was a first come, first served offer, so we arrived early. The ranch was closed, but we received a friendly greeting from the resident cat, dogs and grooms!
There are about 60 horses at the ranch. All the horses appeared to be in great condition. At 9am, we signed all the paperwork and mounted our horses (Malcolm and Muddy Waters). Both horses were calm and steady, and we had utmost confidence in them.
Our voucher was for a one-hour ride. Otto was assigned to us as a guide - he was great company, laid back and a good ambassador for LA. My husband and I were the only ones on the ride. As per other reviews, we were taken into the Hollywood hills and yes, the horses have a tendency to ride close to the edge of the trails. However, neither horse showed any suicidal tendencies and we felt safe the whole time.
We had the best views of the Hollywood sign, close by the ranch. We were also taken to Indian Point/Rock, with great views across LA. Otto took plenty of photos of us, so we can remember our experience. The ride was unhurried and we were out riding for more than 1 1/2 hours. Otto did not once mention tips, but we were more than happy to pay the recommended tip of $20 per person for one of our best experiences in LA.
As I had not ridden for some years, i found that an extended one hour ride was more than enough. I suffered a lovely bruise after an inelegant dismount. Surprisingly enough, I do not experience sore legs or bum afterwards.

Visited October 2013