“Central, clean, great room facilities”
Review of Trylon Hotel

Trylon Hotel
Ranked #6 of 90 Los Angeles B&B and Inns
Adelaide, Australia
“Central, clean, great room facilities”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Fantastic place to stay, central to Hollywood and Chinese theatre - added bonus was fridge and air con in the room and the excellent free wifi. Easy walking distance from the train and any tours pickup areas

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Nemo101

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Finnish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I was kind of stuck and finding this place was incredibly helpful for me. It offers an excellent value for the money you pay. Its central location and proximity to tourist attractions also offers it a huge thumbs-up. The wi-fi worked very well, and the owner was also incredibly nice and helpful. Overall, I recommend this to anyone interested in a safe, cheap, and central place in Hollywood.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Nathan R
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I spent almost 20 days last january at the Trylon Hotel in Hollywood. The experience was really amazing. The location is the best..near to all the attractions..near to Hollywood Boulevard and all the buses and metro just a few blocks from there. The attention was incredible. Every single person in the hotel was really nice with me. The room was always clean..so quite and yet..soo comfortable and near the most important sites in Hollywood..I felt myself at home at this hotel. In fact I am coming back next week and then in june for 2 more weeks. A wonderful experience. I recommend this hotel for the kind and hospitality and most of all..every single person was willing to help me. The room was perfect for me..and I had such a wonderful experience.Thanks for everything..Don't doubt..if you are going to Hollywood..this is the best place..the prize..the people...the rooms...are the best...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Marcela210
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

We chose this location based on other TA reviews.
Our stay was 5 nights in Jan.
It suited our style of travelling in the room is a place to shower and sleep, it was clean, tidy, and the family who run the place are very friendly.
There was a little work going on during our stay but it seemed they were always mindful not to start making noise until it was clear we were awake and up and about - which was nice - they have just upgraded during our stay to a modern key card access system for the room's and front door afterhours.

The carparking is just around the corner a short 2min walk, there is a loading/passenger zone directly outside the hotel for off loading luggage etc.
The location is quite close to the subway, and multiple bus stops, with the help of google maps we had little trouble finding our way to various studio tours and TV tapings using =public transport. Though admittedly if we were to do it again we would keep our hire car for our entire stay in LA to aide with access to these sights in a more timly manner.

We felt safe enough walking to and from the hotel at night, but I am not sure I would have felt comfortable doing it if I were a solo female traveller.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ali_loves_Dal
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 11 January 2014

This hotel is in a fantastic location to explore LA - it is close to bus stops, a train station, tours, and Hollywood Boulevard. My boyfriend and I stayed here for four days, and we were very happy with our choice. The people who manage this hotel are very welcoming and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable. This is not luxury accommodation, but is a wonderful place to stay for a very reasonable price.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Laura K
Palo Alto, California, United States
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Eric Frommer's 'Europe on $5 a day" was my travel bible for value hotels in the late 60's, for family friendly, clean and no frills rooms in vibrant and safe urban locations; Trylon is its Los Angeles equivalent for today! I've stayed twice more, November and December, spoken briefly with two couples visiting, one from South Africa and frequent travelers, both agree with me. Family owned and run, clean rooms, basic necessities, no frills, short walk to Hollywood and Sunset Boulevards, quick entrance to 101 freeway, half hour to downtown. Trylon perfect for European type travelers, who spend most of their time out and about, not camping in their room. I rest my case, again!

Room Tip: All good, I prefer using the stairs and second floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Pclock
Urbana, Illinois
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in December. This hotel is in the best location possible if you want to see the sights of the city in LA. It is walking distance to hollywood walk of fame and chinese theater. It is very close to Mulholland drive, Universal Studios and Griffith Observatory too. The staff is very friendly and it is a family owned business which made us feel welcomed. The rooms are not big but they are clean and secure. We would highly recommend this place to anyone who plans to visit LA as a tourist.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple