“Fantastic location ”

Ranked #5 of 90 Los Angeles B&B and Inns
Glasgow
“Fantastic location ”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

This is by no means The Hilton however for the price we got our stay for it makes it a decent budget hotel! Yes the rooms were dated and showed signs of wear and tear but our room was clean and cleaned every day which is great!! I found the staff to be very helpful and the location of the hotel is a fantastic base to explore LA. It is just around the corner from Hollywood walk of fame and there is metro station near by (if travelling from Union station you just get the red line and get off at Hollywood/vine). Yes, like other reviews said, the hotel did tend to smell of curry but the smell was only apparent at lunch time as the owners were clearly cooking their dinner or lunch. Overall if I was ever to stay in Hollywood and were in a right budget I would definitely consider The Trylon!! Ps. Some rooms are under renovation so they may be more modern and in better condition. :)

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gio M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Finnish first
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed for our wedding anniversary from 04/21/14.
Asked for a quiet room and that's what we got. Our room was serviced every day, towels changed, coffee replenished and the room cleaned.
The location of the hotel is excellent, the Hollywood sign is visible from across the road and Hollywood boulevard and the walk of fame are 10 minutes away. The area is perfectly safe and there are takeaways, restaurants, cafés and supermarkets within a few minutes walk. We found the owner and his family to be very helpful and sociable and they would always be willing to offer help in any way they could.
Our room was a little dated but we were happy, we had paid very little for the room and we only needed the bed for 3 nights we weren't living there so it was great for us. The owner showed us one of the newly refurbished rooms and that was very impressive.
For the money you can't go wrong with this hotel, if you want 5 star luxury then pay 5 star prices. If we visit L.A again we'll be staying at the Trylon.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Phil S
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Very bad found couple crocoaches, room smells very bad, very bad customer service I was about to call health department, crocoaches were all in bathroom and under bed, sheets seems never washed that day.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sf-gate21
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at Trylon hotel for 3 nights in April. We arrived straight from the airport before checkin and they were very accomodating and gave us our room early for a charge of $10. We had a friend stay for 1 night that was not booked and they provided an extra mattress and bedding for an extra $20. We also used the car park service that they provide in a secure car park lot opposite for $10/day.
The rooms were clean, the shower head pressure was great and the staff very helpful in directions and also printed tickets for us.
Unfortunately on our second night we could not sleep as there was loud noises during the night, possibly renovations going on in the room above us. The hotel is currently undergoing renovations and although we did not stay in a renovated room they looked great and appear to be almost completed.
All in all the location was great, the coffee shop opposite the hotel makes great coffee and I would recommend Hotel Trylon.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Georgie S
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This family owned and operated Hotel ticked all the boxes for me. Travelling around the world for 3 months I needed accomodation that was central in Hollywood, clean, safe and priced within my budget. Contacts for the filming of my documentary are all within minutes of this place so it's saved me money on travel.i tried a hotel on the same street that was double the price and came back to spend the rest of my stay in Los Angeles here at the Trylon Hotel. Highly recommend!

John Ungvary from Perth in Western Australia.

Room Tip: Travelling with my disabled brother we chose individual rooms with connecting bathroom, which was pe...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank JohnUngvary
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Pros: new renovated rooms; good location for trips; nice hosts

Cons:
VERY small room; we stayed 3 nights and the room was cleaned only ONCE; hosts are living in the hotel and they were very loud (wafer-thin); other room was still under construction (they started at 8am in the morning); bathtub was really disgusting; parking spot costs additional 10$ a day

Bottom line:
Good to stay for a night.
Way too expansive.

• Stayed April 2014
Schenectady, New York
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I came to Hollywood from New York and wanted a low key, quiet place to stay. I could not have asked for anything more. The room was clean and comfortable. Everything works. Housekeeping was prompt and efficient. On my first night and for the rest of my stay, I slept like a baby. Devang and his family made me feel at home. At one point I was in a hurry to arrive at another location and asked if they could call a cab, The cab arrived in five minutes. Added plus: If you are traveling and buy items there is a UPS store right around the corner (on Wilcox). I was able to ship items without schlepping to the post office (or carrying them on the airplane!).
Also go to Solar de Cahuenga (1847 Cahuenga Boulevard) across the street. Good espresso drinks and an attentive staff.

I like this place and I will come back.

Room Tip: The Trylon does offer smoking and non-smoking rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo