“Hustled”

Ranked #253 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
San Francisco, ca
“Hustled”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I called Relax Inn Motel to see if they had a room, 1 person, 1 or 2 nights. I was told they only had one room left and it was $65.00. I said I would take it and was on my way there; providing them with name, phone number etc. I told them I was only 15 minutes away.

When I arrived I was told that they had rented the room, but they had another one now for $75.00 and started writing up the paper work. I told them I was quoted $65.00. I was told it would be $75.00 if I wanted it.

I left and did not take the room. I went down the street and paid more actually because I did not feel I was being spoken to with respect truthfully!

Room Tip: do not be hustled. They quote it they have to provide it; or just walk out. Do not fall for the hust...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
16 Thank Vinnie V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 7 November 2012

I don't know about the other reviews, but I went recently and everything seems remodeled. The carpet and paint is new, the beds are nice and firm, even the entire parking lot was redone. I also paid by Credit Card so they must have installed it after the other reviews. They also have a nice Belize restaurant downstairs. Its obviously not 5 stars, but you get what you pay for and its a good value.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
7 Thank Ryan C
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Don't judge a motel by its cover? Well, if you spot this one -- you should. One thing that turned me off the most was that this place has an extreme lack of customer service. They kept asking for our ID as if we weren't customers there.

Then they knocked on our door interrupting our sleep, when we didn't get up right away they jiggled the handle trying to get in. Finally, when we mentioned we would like extra towels and a pillow, the lady kept questioning us "Why do you need extra? May I ask what you're going to do with the extra towel? How many people do you have in here?" for goodness sake lady, I'm gonna wipe my butt with it! So much for asking if we needed anything.

The room is smoky, carpets look unclean and the walls are tattered. I would not recommend this for anyone, unless they were that desperate to sleep somewhere.

• Stayed June 2012
7 Thank CourageBats

Travellers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Reviewed 23 May 2012 via mobile

The exterior of his motel is faded pink and totally turns you off. The inside of the rooms, though large are incredibly shabby. The carpets are torn, the rooms smell like stale cigarette smoke, there's broken furniture, chest and dressers missing drawers. The showers in the rooms are pretty much a trickle. Does not accept credit cards; the clientele consists of people who actually live at the motel. During the course of the night, there was the smell of strong India food permeating the hall and the rooms (the owners live in the motel as well) and people yelling throughout the night. Will never stay there again!

Stayed June 2011, travelled solo