“Great Find for UCLA visitors.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Los Angeles
UCLA Tiverton House
New York City, New York
“Great Find for UCLA visitors.”
Reviewed 30 July 2012

A great value in Westwood. I have stayed here multiply times, room availability, staff friendliness and proximity to UCLA without peer. Additionally, included parking and no room tax add to its value.

• Stayed May 2012
5 Thank TravelerNYC-1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Palm Springs
Reviewed 16 April 2012

My wife and I have stayed at the Tiverton House several times while having a procedure and follow ups at UCLA Medical Center...The location, service and price are excellent.

Included in the fare are a continental breakfast and internet service. The staff are friendly and efficient.

Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Weader
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 22 February 2012

My wife and I have stayed here on two occasions. We were here for my wife who was diagnosed with cancer and had to have surgery. The place was very nice and the people there were very accomodating..I only have one problem..Being the Tiverton House is mainly for people who are either at UCLA for a medical problem or visiting a family member, this place books up fast and is very hard to get a reservation. I think that they should consider patients first when booking a room. I have to come back again and I cannot get a room.It doesnt seem fair if you need to be here and that you cannot book a room because they already booked them to others who do not need any medical visits or surgerys.To make it fair, they should ask the guest to show that they have an appointment with a doctor at UCLA being that they are a hotel for UCLA..Their prices are very reasonable and most people who need a room will go there first and it doesnt make it fair for the ones that really need to be there for a medical problem..That is the only thing I do not like about the Tiverton House.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank NeilN418
Fortaleza, CE
Reviewed 9 September 2011

We stayed here for 4 nights. Our rate of $120 without tax, and including parking (both my wife and I had appointments at the UCLA Medical Center) was exceptional for the location in upscale Westwood, across the street from UCLA. I believe the regular rate is $135 (not sure about tax on that rate). The building is nice. The rooms are average in size and a bit outdated in amenities (A/C was rather old, quirky and a bit noisy; they have finally started a project to install WiFi access in the rooms). One can access WiFi in public areas of the hotel, and there are two PCs in a business center, which we were usually able to use if we timed it right. No in-room safe but there is one at the front desk. There was one large laundry room, with several washers and dryers.

The free breakfast was so-so and the tables were filled on many occasions (we took our trays and walked downstairs to eat on an outdoor patio area). There are lots and lots of restaurants, ranging from fast food to upscale, in the area, and a supermarket across the street. At least 3 movie theatres are within walking distance. I believe there is a shuttle to the UCLA Medical Center, but it's so close we walked. Several bus lines, of the L.A., Santa Monica and Culver City bus companies go through Westwood.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Sutter
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 22 July 2011

My mom booked the hotel since we were going to see her doctor at UCLA. She's been here before and has ALWAYS been pleased. This was the first time I had ever been and I have to say that I really loved the staff. We got there before the 3pm check-in and the staff was nice enough to hold our bags in their back room for us so we wouldn't have to lug them around. When we checked in, the guest service desk clerk was very courteous and gave us maps of UCLA and a list of nearby attractions. The room was very clean and well stocked with shampoos, lotions, etc. The beds were comfy, too. The housekeeper was a sweetheart. When my mom asked if we could have some more of these little makeup remover wipes, she gave us like 25 packets of them! She was very nice to talk to and was genuinely concerned for our reason for visiting there. Each and every person was welcoming. I loved it and will definitely consider them again when visiting UCLA.

Room Tip: Rooms are provided at a discount rate for UCLA patients
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Leopard726
San Rafael, CA
Reviewed 15 February 2011

Visited my daughter at UCLA for her birthday and stayed here one night, as rate was lowest (no tax is charged) and parking was free. They would not let me check-in early, but let me park for free until check-out time. Very convenient to UCLA; rooms are pretty basic, but come with small refrigerator, iron, hair dryer, etc. Good continental breakfast and tea all day long. It is mostly used for those associated with the medical center, so it can be depressing environment. Parking area was great - large slots, etc. and nice not to have to valet park. Noise level between floors was high - I was on second floor and could hear people moving around in room above. Get the top floor is possible!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
6 Thank babygame
Florida, US
Reviewed 18 October 2010

We stayed here while a family member was hospitalized, using it for a place to shower and rest between shifts staying with our patient. Tiverton House isn't shiny and new, but is well maintained and clean. Staff is pleasant and helpful. It was very convenient to the hospital, to walk or take the shuttle provided. It's family friendly with a playroom for small kids, a game room, laundry, refrigerators in room, a kitchen for guest use and decent breakfast . I found it to be quiet and somehow a peaceful place, in spite of the fact it seems to stay full most of the time. If you need a place close to the hospital, I recommend booking ahead.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business