“AWSOME!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #105 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
california
“AWSOME!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012

this hotel is awsome. not only is this hotel an affordable price, but the staff here is incredible. yes we did have to walk up and down the stairs but the guy at the front desk was more than happy to help with our luggage and with extra towels, etc. the fridge in the room, ceiling fan and a/c, free wifi, and free parking was also very convenient. you really cant beat the location of this hotel. right down the street from almost everywhere you need to go. it also has a great view of the hollywood sign. also right next to the hotel is a wonderful little cafe, also very friendly employees. all in all this hotel is great. and i will most definetly stay here everytime i come back to hollywood.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012

The rooms look like typical European hotels with small rooms and super tiny bathrooms. Place was old and could really use an update. Front desk was really nice. Light sleepers won't like the street noise. elevator wasn't working just as many reviews before me said. We had to haul our bags up the stairs

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Mehnazik
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

I wanted to like this hotel. The location was convenient for me. Unfortunately, there were bed bugs in our room. They have covered the box springs and mattresses, but that is not enough. Also, we came back one day at 1:30 in the afternoon. Our room was not ready. Then next day we came back at 4:30 in the afternoon. The room was not ready. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank LWilson77

Travellers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Cathedral City, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

A dirty, run down mess of a hotel. They were replacing the carpeting when I arrived. The elevator was out of service and since I had requested a handicapped room online, it was a nightmare getting to my room on the second floor. As someone wrote, they think they got bed bugs. I agree. I have bites all over my legs. I would never stay there again. The room is small. I had to request a light bulb. The ceiling fan made lots of noise. On the plus side: fridge in the room, great location, free bumpy parking lot out back on a very busy corner. You will definitely need a car here. No effort was made by the staff to offer help with my luggage.

Room Tip: If you have ANY disabilities avoid this hotel. There is no mention that it is not handicapped acces...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Psmooselbear
Lahaina, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012

Ok, I was a little weary after reading the reviews but I booked the room before I did my research. Devon was working the front desk and he was more than accommodating!! He showed me the room before I agreed to stay there. The room was clean, and way better than I had expected!! We loved it!! We had the best time and cant wait to stay there again!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

I stayed in this hotel with my husband one night. We wanted something sheap in LA and not very far to Universal studio (3 miles) and Hollywod blvd. Hotel is pretty nice but everything is old. We stayed on a second flor so we didn't need elevator but it didn't work. I asked about room with view on Hollywood sign and they gave us the room with the best view on it. On reception they honestly told us that it will be little nousy because of close to the road. Honestly it was very noisy and when I tried to asleed during the day I couldn't. But I slept very good at night because I was very tired after walking and riding in Universal Studio. One of the key to the room doen't work. We have some problems with TV and lamp but they came and fix it.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kateryna P
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 6 nights on a holiday that included a trip to Hawaii, Philly and Canada. We needed a cheap place to stay and I loved the character of the place when i saw it online. I read the reviews on here and began to freak out, thinking we'd made a huge mistake.
When we arrived, though, we received great service from the clerk (Justin?) who helped us to our room with our luggage, even though we had no cash to tip him with. He recommended a few restaurants in the area, called us cabs whenever we needed them, and organized a cheap but stylish transfer to Anaheim for us when we left.
The rooms were clean and housekeeping came daily. It was a little musty smelling but we kept the windows open. Yes, the hallway carpet is filthy looking, the rooms are dated, the elevator doesn't work and it is not in a nice area, but it is cheap. You can easily pay much more for not much better accommodation. I found that the nicer we were to him, the nicer he was back, and noticed that the guests who were rude to the staff got the same attitude back, so treat people how you would like to be treated.
They've combatted the bedbugs problem by covering the mattress in a zipping matress protector, so that's a plus.
Don't walk around the neighborhood at night, try the Osteria la Buca down the road for brilliant food and service, and really have a realistic idea of what you're staying in - Hollywood is rough and loud, dont expect Beverly Hills accommodation.

1 Thank DominiqueClaire