“Nice cost-benefit”

Hollywood Historic Hotel
Ranked #113 of 354 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 22 July 2012

The hotel is old, regular and cheap. The location is good, and have a parking lot.
Negative points: to much noise from the street and the air conditioner is not so good.

I recommend if you want to save money, and don't care for a simple room.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 July 2012

this hotel is awsome. not only is this hotel an affordable price, but the staff here is incredible. yes we did have to walk up and down the stairs but the guy at the front desk was more than happy to help with our luggage and with extra towels, etc. the fridge in the room, ceiling fan and a/c, free wifi, and free parking was also very convenient. you really cant beat the location of this hotel. right down the street from almost everywhere you need to go. it also has a great view of the hollywood sign. also right next to the hotel is a wonderful little cafe, also very friendly employees. all in all this hotel is great. and i will most definetly stay here everytime i come back to hollywood.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2012

The rooms look like typical European hotels with small rooms and super tiny bathrooms. Place was old and could really use an update. Front desk was really nice. Light sleepers won't like the street noise. elevator wasn't working just as many reviews before me said. We had to haul our bags up the stairs

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Mehnazik
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I wanted to like this hotel. The location was convenient for me. Unfortunately, there were bed bugs in our room. They have covered the box springs and mattresses, but that is not enough. Also, we came back one day at 1:30 in the afternoon. Our room was not ready. Then next day we came back at 4:30 in the afternoon. The room was not ready. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank LWilson77
Reviewed 12 June 2012

A dirty, run down mess of a hotel. They were replacing the carpeting when I arrived. The elevator was out of service and since I had requested a handicapped room online, it was a nightmare getting to my room on the second floor. As someone wrote, they think they got bed bugs. I agree. I have bites all over my legs. I would never stay there again. The room is small. I had to request a light bulb. The ceiling fan made lots of noise. On the plus side: fridge in the room, great location, free bumpy parking lot out back on a very busy corner. You will definitely need a car here. No effort was made by the staff to offer help with my luggage.

Room Tip: If you have ANY disabilities avoid this hotel. There is no mention that it is not handicapped acces...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Psmooselbear
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Ok, I was a little weary after reading the reviews but I booked the room before I did my research. Devon was working the front desk and he was more than accommodating!! He showed me the room before I agreed to stay there. The room was clean, and way better than I had expected!! We loved it!! We had the best time and cant wait to stay there again!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I stayed in this hotel with my husband one night. We wanted something sheap in LA and not very far to Universal studio (3 miles) and Hollywod blvd. Hotel is pretty nice but everything is old. We stayed on a second flor so we didn't need elevator but it didn't work. I asked about room with view on Hollywood sign and they gave us the room with the best view on it. On reception they honestly told us that it will be little nousy because of close to the road. Honestly it was very noisy and when I tried to asleed during the day I couldn't. But I slept very good at night because I was very tired after walking and riding in Universal Studio. One of the key to the room doen't work. We have some problems with TV and lamp but they came and fix it.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple