Hollywood Historic Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Rodeway Inn(Los Angeles)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Dunes Inn - Sunset(Los Angeles)
View Hotel
Hollywood Stars Inn(Los Angeles)
View Hotel
Hollywood City Inn(Los Angeles)
View Hotel
Villa Delle Stelle(Los Angeles)
Avenue Hotel(Los Angeles)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsparamount studiosfree parkingparamount picturesmelrose avenuegriffith observatorystayed nightscorner roomcoffee makerrooms are smalllight sleeperminute drivedefinitely stay here againhollywoodelevatorbettineighborhoodactors
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 November 2012

This hotel has a very unique spirit. The decorations matches its name, there are historical hollywood photographs on the walls, and overall, it has a very nice design.

The rooms are nice, clean and comfortable. With a small refrigerator. One downside is that they don't offer continental breakfast.

The location is excellent, in Melrose Avenue, very close to Hollywood Blvd.

View of the Hollywood sign from our room - for only around $60/night incl.tax, that's a pretty sweet deal.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RobertTravel
Reviewed 13 November 2012

My girlfriend took me here for my birthday and the price is right, room was comfy enough. seemed clean. great pictures all over the hotel too. would prob. stay here again if needed. great if you are in hollywood and dont wanna drive home

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2012

This was one of the worst experiences I have ever had, firstly we saw blood on the sheets but didnt think it was serious, Then in our kids room there was a huge cockroach which we killed and as we were going out for the day left on the bathroom floor, when we got back allthough the room had been made up the cockroach was where we left it in full view. That night I got bitten all over by bed bugs it was a horrendous experience, the bite became huge blood filled boils and I couldnt sleep for over a week, We moved out the moment we realised, the staff at the desk couldnt even look me in the eye,when I told him about the bed bugs he must know about them, I asked for the manager and he said he wasnt there, I asked for his name, he would only give me his first name- he said he didnt know his second name. Please dont anybody stay there it is dirty, unfriendly, and falling apart in all senses and full of bed bugs.

Room Tip: NO good rooms all full of bed bugs
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Sara S
Reviewed 17 October 2012

The hotel is excellent value for money and is clean and comfortable. There is also plenty of free parking which is rare in la. Michael on reception is also very helpful and found us a light bulb at 9pm. It is very good value for money and only a couple of blocks from the hop on hop off bus route.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the back for a quieter nights sleep - Michael gave us a choice when we arrived
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2012

My husband and I booked this hotel because it was close to a two-day event he needed to attend. I couldn't stay there any longer than that.

We were off to a rough start, with a group of us stranded in the lobby for 30 minutes waiting for someone to come and check us in. By the time we entered our room, we had just another 30 minutes to get ready and arrive at our destination. Our room was okay, but the air conditioner took a while to de-stuff the room and bring it to a comfortable temperature. I shouldn't be seeing hairs on my linens—very disgusting. No phone in our room, but a nice mini-fridge (finally, one big enough for a pizza box) and alarm clock, which we used to wake us. A nice coffee maker, but just one packet of coffee fixings, and my husband and I like to have two cups apiece. The lobby attendant was kind enough to give my husband two additional packets. One lamp, on my side of the bed. Hair dryer attached to the bathroom wall.

The shower was very nice, great water pressure and temperature. My bath filled up quickly, but bring your own plug if you want the water to stay there. I started out taking a bath, but ended up taking a shower after finding myself sitting in suds without water 20 minutes in.

There was no phone in our room, so bring your own in case of emergencies, and bring your laptop if you want free WiFi and are willing to put up with it cutting out every five minutes. The elevator is still broken, for the curious. Parking is teeny-tiny, but free. A mini store about one block over for necessities. I purchased water and juices, and the lady who ran it was sweet. The in-room toiletries are lovely (disposable shower cap, yay!), but scant (as in any room), so bring your own as we did. Bring your own towel as well. I'm still picking bits of cheap, white two-thread count towel off of my skin. This hotel is located in a busy area, so expect noise and undesirables, but our key-card activated room door was even too tough for us to open without nearly breaking it down, so I guess the bright side is that if you can't open it, then no one else will be able to.

Anyway, we had a nice, hot shower, a decent night's rest, and we weren't murdered in our sleep. Three stars.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business