“Breakfast for One”
Review of Natas Pastries

Natas Pastries
Reserve with OpenTable
Natas Pastries is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 184 Bakeries in Los Angeles
Neighbourhood: Universal City Area
Neighbourhood: Universal City Area
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

What a wonderful place. The service was prompt and friendly. I built my own scramble, which was so so. I should have gotten pancakes or crepes. But they deserve 5 stars for the atmosphere and attitude. My cup of coffee never went empty and was hot and strong, just how it should be. The decor is very warm and welcoming. The ladies who work there were very smiley. They wore little chefs hats. It is a little touch that adds to the experience. On my way out I spent way too much on 2 boxes of pastries, just couldn't help myself. I though some of the baked goods were overpriced but I understand the need to be price competitive for a little joint like Natas. I can't wait to come back with friends and family.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

most of the staff here are happy to make really towering foam on your cappacino, yum! The signature pastries, the natas, are very special as custard is amazing. It is equally good in the berry tarts. The staff are very special, they like remembering you and your preferences so Natas easily becomes a favorite neighborhood hangout. The owner, Fatima is truly delightful . The chef is very accommodating in fixing his amazing breakfast potatoes with minimal rosemary (which I could live without) and cooking omelets to your preference.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

My son was anxious for me to try this Portuguese cuisine - having been here a year ago on a recommendation from friends in Studio City. Don't let the name fool you. This is both a neighborhood cafe serving an extensive selection of authentic dishes and a bakery with a traffic stopping display case. The food was quite good, the service was excellent, and the prices were extremely reasonable. A trip to Lisbon would be nice some day - but in the meantime, for the flavor of Lisbon in a local setting, I would give this a try.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

Having just returned from a trip to Lisbon I was dying to try this place to see how it measured up. It was a great surprise. The small cafe has a fine selection of Portuguese dishes. I had the Bacalhau with potatoes and onions and it was delicious. Portions are huge and can easily be shared. The appetizers of cheese,olives and sausages were wonderful. Then to top it off on the way out we bought a nice selection of pastries from the bakery to bring home.
The servers were very sweet. Service was both friendly and efficient. We had a short chat with the owner as well. Decorations are nice enough to make you think you are in a cafe in Lisbon. Not fancy, very casual with some outdoor seating as well.
Really glad we came and will definitely be back.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

We actually found this by searching Trip Advisor. I ordered their french toast - the bread is sliced very thick, and you would think it would be dense - but it was the lightest french toast I've ever had.

My wife and son had eggs - which were "ok" - but the accompanying pancakes were terrific.

Suggest staying with the pastries, pancakes, waffles and french toast.

They also serve their lunch menu during breakfast hours.

We were here on a Sunday morning (9:30am) - we were expecting long lines, but got lucky and were seated right away. I understand usually there are long lines waiting for a table on weekends.

We'll definitely be back next time we're in the area.