“Hostess with the mostess”
Review of Tourific Escapes

Tourific Escapes
Ranked #1 of 40 Food & Drink in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Owner description: Hollywood is the center of celebrity fame and history. It also carries a rich tradition in food and trendy culinary cuisine. We blend all of this history, tradition, fame, and cuisine into one TOURific experience, our Hollywood Sites & Bites tour. We'll see most of Hollywood's famous landmarks, talk about Hollywood history, and stop at some of the best (some hidden gems) restaurants where all of our Hollywood friends like to eat! The food is fabulous, the history is awesome, and we promise you won't leave hungry or lacking in Hollywood knowledge! We also offer a Celebrity Insider Movie Locations tour that showcases famous filming sites in Beverly Hills, Century City and Hollywood. You'll be in the company of a leading Entertainment Journalist who will share the inside scoop on all the big stars and the movies they make. Our seasonal, specialty Chocolate Indulgence tour takes you where the locals like to buy their chocolates. All tours are in the comfort of a customized, fully-air conditioned mini-van with surround sound! Group size is maximum 7 guests for a truly personalized experience. We are happy to offer any of these tours for your private group of family or friends. Please use discount code "tripadvisor" when booking and you'll receive $15 off each ticket.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I cannot recommend this tour more highly. The hostess Trish is extremely welcoming and helpful. The tour starts from the Walk of Fame. You are taken around Hollywood by the driver (we had La Monte driving who was also very friendly and good fun), whilst Trish gives out lots of interesting information about the area and the sights. We made stops at several food places, all of which gave excellent samples of food. There is the opportunity to take some good photos of the Hollywood sign and other sites. We went back to a couple of the food venues later in our holiday as the food was so good. It would be a shame to visit Hollywood and miss out on this tour.

TOUREscapes, Owner at Tourific Escapes, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Greetings UK,
I'm so flattered, thank you for your very kind comments! I can't tell you how much I love having a tour company and meeting travelers from around the world. I get to showcase all the great Hollywood landmarks, and also highlight some very special restaurants that are unique to the area. It is such a joy to hear when our guests enjoy what we've put together. This month marks 4 years in business, and we are looking ahead to many more years showcasing the Sites & Bites of Hollywood. Thank you again for your lovely review for other travelers to see.
Wish my best wishes,
your Hostess with the Mostess,

There are newer reviews for Tourific Escapes

Reviewed 8 August 2014

It was my second time in Hollywood so I was searching for something special because on my previous visit, I did many tours (citysightseeing, movie star homes, studio tours, etc.). I found this tour on Trip Advisor with all the excellent reviews and it did not disappoint! Our tour guide Maureen was friendly,enthusiastic and informative! She really enjoyed what she was doing. Louis our driver was also very polite and tried to get us as close to the food stops with our safety in mind. The stop that we liked the least was the McDo fried apple pie, all the other stops were fantastic (Mexican, pizza, pastrami and ice cream). We returned to Mozza for pizza and also had lunch at a place that Maureen showed us.

Hello and thank you for your review of our Hollywood Sites & Bites Tour with Maureen and Louis. We are happy you enjoyed most of the tastings, and even went back for more pizza! After your tour Maureen mentioned to us that several guests had been dissatisfied with our choice of apple pie, being that you can get the same item in your home country. We apologize for this oversight and want you to know that changes have been made to ensure that sweet tasting is more unique for everyone onboard. Thank you again for your kind review.
Trish & Matt
TOURific Co-Founders

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We were looking for a small more intimate Tour, TOURiffic offered us that, the whole deal was excellent, good clean bus, knowledgable tour guide. Interesting destinations, would have scored 5 stars, except we weren't keen on standing on the sidewalk eating Pizza...

1  Thank Altiyan

Hello Australia! Thank you for your nice review and positive comments of our Hollywood Sites & Bites Tour. We are sorry you didn't enjoy dining outdoors for your pizza tasting. Being that Mozza2go is one of the top pizzerias in Hollywood, we continue to offer a tasting there. Many guests say it is their favorite taste, and many tell us they were hoping to try it while on their vacation to LA. While we want our guests to be as comfortable as possible, and do provide seating in most of our partner restaurants, we are hopeful that guests will understand the 10 minutes of al-fresco dining in exchange for some special celebrity-chef pizza. We do thank you for calling us "Best Local Tour in LA", that is much appreciated!
All the best,
Trish & Matt
TOURific Co-Founders

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I cannot rate this sights and bites tour highly enough. Our hostess Trish was amazing, touring with her was like catching up with an old friend.Nothing was too much trouble for her,she did everything in her power to ensure our small group (which is a real bonus) enjoyed themselves. How she remembers everyones name and what counrty they are from is beyond me. We booked this tour at the last minute and what a stroke of luck it was for us.The selected stops for our bites were mouthwatering, Trish has certainly done her homework and the choices she made were a hit with the whole group. Sights sights and more sights from the beautiful Roosevelt hotel, the Walk of Fame The Dolby Theatre... and the list goes on. All I can say now is take the tour. Thanks Trish.

2  Thank Deb W

Dear Deb,
Wow thank you for such a lovely review! I must say that having smaller groups definitely helps me learn everyone's names and where they are from. I am so pleased that you appreciated all the sites and bites that we picked out. We try very hard to make sure each and every tour is special. Thanks for finding us, especially at the last minute. It was such a pleasure to have you onboard!
All the best from your tour guide,

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We rented Tourific's van for a private chocolate indulgence tour for my husband's birthday. I am so grateful and thrilled that TOURific made this important day special and memorable for him! The hostess and tour guide took fabulous care of us sharing history and bringing us to multiple purveyors and manufacturers of chocolate so that we could experience all sorts of confections. We were particularly enamored with a behind-the-scenes peek at the fudge making process in a high-end boutique chocolate factory! Our 18-year old nephew was crazy for the melt-in-your-mouth chocolate dipping sauce that we sampled at a restaurant. We also stopped at a little shop that served amazing ice cream and variety of sweet macarons, made all the more delightful as the the young lady handing out the samples actually made them! TOURific even customized the tour with a store that offered healthier and gluten-free options for us! We couldn't have been happier with the afternoon, and my husband and I both highly recommend TOURific Escapes!!

TOUREscapes, Owner at Tourific Escapes, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear MDR,
We are thrilled that you chose to celebrate your husband's birthday on our Chocolate Indulgence Tour. It was so much fun meeting all the friends and family who came out to enjoy chocolate and share in this special event. I'm so happy to hear you liked all the tasting stops; we are very fortunate to have built relationships with some of the best chocolate makers and bakers in town. We love to highlight all the delicious creations we've discovered. Thanks again for your kind review, we appreciate your support and referral for others to see.
All the best from your Tour Guide,