“The Perfect Place For My ??????th Birthday!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Redbury Hollywood

The Redbury Hollywood
Ranked #16 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
Coto de Caza, California
“The Perfect Place For My ??????th Birthday!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

After searching and searching for the perfect hotel in which to celebrate a milestone birthday, I finally decided on The Redbury. I'm so glad I did! My husband and I loved everything about it.

We had a "Vine Flat" on the top floor. It was trendy, artsy, lovely and made me rethink how much space I really needed to live well. After five perfect days in our flat, I was ready to sell my house and move in forever.

The décor was Matthew Rolston perfection in everyway. The entire property was a visual event. The service from beginning to end was beyond excellent. Every interaction we had with the hotel staff made us feel welcome.

We utilized room service a couple of times for breakfast and once for dinner. It was wonderful. We also ate at Cleo for dinner twice and will defiantly go again the next chance we get.

I have to say The Redbury is now one of my favorite hotels.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Deanna_Watters
DavidLangGM, General Manager at The Redbury Hollywood, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear Deanna_Watters,
Happy belated birthday and thank for choosing to celebrate a milestone birthday with us here at the Redbury @ Hollywood and Vine! It is not uncommon for people’s first response to seeing their studio style flat to be “when can I move in.” It was great to see how much you guys enjoyed Cleo’s nouveau Middle Eastern cuisine, and your kind words about the excellent service from tour team were appreciated as well. We can’t wait to see you again soon.
Best wishes,
David Lang

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Boston
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

I liked the Redbury in many aspects. Very well located ( the hollywood walk of fame goes through the front) and the room was very hip (spacious and nice with a seating area, balcony and even a turntable).
We were there for 3 nights (thursday, friday and saturday). Thursday night was uneventful and after a full day of sightseeing on Friday night we were looking forward to a good nights rest....but it was not to be. Redbury has a nightclub Cleo on the ground floor. The loud thumping music from Cleo started at 11pm and went on until 3am. We turned on the television to drown the music -nothing worked...the furniture was literally vibrating and we could hear it vibrate with the beat of the music. Ok its friday night and it might be a one time thing right? After barely getting rest on Friday night, and spending the day sightseeing again, we were hopeful to get rest on Saturday night. But we were not so lucky - come 11pm the same thing happened....loud mind numbing /furniture vibrating music. We couldn't wait to get to our next destination to simply get a good nights sleep!
And did I mention we were supposedly in a room on the 4th floor - away from the music ? Can you imagine what a guest in the room near the music might experience?
So, if you plan to be a tourist in LA and get a good night of rest - don't stay here. If its night life you are after -thats another story.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank klochimos
DavidLangGM, General Manager at The Redbury Hollywood, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear klochimos,
Thank you for choosing The Redbury @ Hollywood and Vine while in Los Angeles! It was great to see that you enjoyed the Redbury’s location and apartment-like accommodations. The Library @ The Redbury is definitely the place to be in Hollywood most weekends as it is one of the only indoor/outdoor lounges in the area. While the hotel features many rooms that do not overlook the glade courtyard, we are very excited about the additional soundproofing measures currently being installed at the hotel. Please feel free to contact me directly at david.lang@theredbury.com for assistance with your next reservation, so I can ensure you have one of the rooms in a location that suits your needs.
Best wishes,
General Manager, The Redbury @ Hollywood and Vine
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

The Redbury Hotel is on the corner of Hollywood and Vine. It is an easy 20-25min walk down to the main heart of Hollywood (Chinese theatre etc), although the stars on the pavement keep you occupied on the walk down. Outside the hotel is James Dean.

We landed on Christmas Day and drove straight to the hotel, somewhat weary but the Valet was friendly on arrival. We had booked a Highland room which was positioned on one corner. The room is Junior suite size, with a kitchen, stocked with a large sink,oven and microwave and long breakfast bar table and some small food items should you want to pay the charges. A small living area with sofa, coffee table and chairs. The bed area was separated by a console table which contained record player, with a selection of vinyls (such as Marvin Gaye) and the TV, which spun both was allowing TV view either in bed or on the sofa.

The bathroom was large, a shower room which could fit at least 4 people. The room (and the whole hotel in general) has moody red decor with artistic photographs lining its wall, which hark back to the days of old fashioned hollywood glamour. It is clear that the hotel is designed for long term occupancies. Generally the room is well designed and very clean but the overall red can be overpowering. It gives the whole place a moody feel, but I guess that is the owners intention.

After a long flight all we really wanted was some food and a comfy bed. Im not usually one for room service but the choice wasn't there, neither was the hotels restaurant's as they were all closed. Since it was Christmas Day I cant blame them, it just forced us to walk round the corner to find the nearest takeaway. Sleep wise the bed was very comfy and body clock adjustments put to one side I slept as soundly as possible.

We were only staying one night as we had a itinerary to work too, but in the rate included the continental breakfast which I can highly recommend. A decent selection of tasty, fresh pastries, cheese, meats and excellent fresh Juices. My ideal sort of breakfast which sets one up for the day.

Staff overall were pleasant, I had a package sent over prior to my arrival and they were prompt in recognising my name, connected to the package and handing it to me. However, whilst friendly they weren't memorable and had a slight casual attitude, again I suspect this may be the way the hotel wants to portray itself.

Overall as a hotel I cant fault it too much, rooms are big, comfortable and clean, the location is ideal for hollywood exploring and the hotel is certainly a bit different from the many others. The staff whilst a little easy going do there job properly and this hotel will certainly have a following with the hipster, beatnik types and the sorts who would of frequented the Chelsea Hotel. However at $310 a night, not including valet parking or extras, it makes it pricey and this is what confuses me about the Redbury.

Im not sure if the types of people who would enjoy what it is has to offer most will pay, or be able to afford to pay for the privilege. Unless it gives big discounts on long term occupancies. Everything in the hotel room from bottle water to the cereal is extra, and charged at a premium. I have no problem with this, however it seems to charging them at a premium which I would expect at a hotel where corporations are footing the bill.

As much as I like the Redbury I do not know if it can draw the crowd who are on expenses to pay for the extras and rates it charges, yet its prime market would be the alternate crowd or the long stay customers who are usually on a much lower budget than $350. However I may be wrong. Would I stay again when in Los Angeles ? With the vast choice of hotel in L.A Im not sure.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DavidLangGM, General Manager at The Redbury Hollywood, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Dear Leaping_Deere,
Thanks so much for your kind remarks about your stay at the Redbury @ Hollywood an Vine. We were delighted to that you enjoyed your apartment-like accommodations as our goal is to make our home feel like yours, while providing you with a singular boutique hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back and I will be sure to share your review with our team.
Santa Clarita, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

I booked a room for my daughter's 21st birthday. She wanted somewhere close to the clubs and a room that was large enough for friends to get ready with her before they went out. The room exceeded my expectations - it was larger than it looked online! We booked the Hollywood Premiere Flat; it had a spacious kitchen area, lounge chairs and a large sofa with a king-sized pull out bed. The walls were windows across one side, with a small balcony overlooking a courtyard and the only disappointment was no view of the city. My daughter said the king bed was like a cloud! My only comment for improvement would be a larger sink area in the bathroom. Four girls trying to get ready for a night on the town had to share a very small sink area. The decor was fabulous old Hollywood and the staff was attentive and kind. To top it off, they have their own candles that smell heavenly and the scent was throughout the hotel. I have allergies and am very sensitive to cheap scents, and these candles did not bother my sinuses at all.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear janicedony,
Happy Belated 21st to your daughter! Thanks for choosing to spend that once in a lifetime celebration at the Redbury @ Hollywood and Vine. Our apartment-like accommodations are the perfect option for these occasions, and guest of The Redbury can get VIP access to sbe’s collection of nightclub and restaurants in Hollywood. Thanks again for choosing the Redbury @ Hollywood and Vine, and we hope to see you again very soon!
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

My friend and I stayed in a 'Vine Flat' overlooking Hollywood. We shared a King Bed.
We arrived into LA at around 8am, after flying for 20 hours.
The hotel could get us into our room within an hour or two. We had a little bit of breakfast in the cafe area, which was nice and fresh (fruit) and the service was friendly and helpful, while we waited a short period for our room.
The room/apartment was fantastic - everything was super comfortable and minibar/room service options were plentiful and well priced.
After taking a fantastic shower, and having a bit of a rest, we headed out to explore parts of LA.
When we returned we had a bit of an issue with the toilet - but maintenance was onto it within minutes.
Rather delirious by this time, we headed down to the restaurant for dinner.
Once again - flawless, the middle eastern food was delicious. Service was fantastic and helpful.
We had breakfast in room - once again, efficient and good.

While I can't really recommend Hollywood (although this part is quite located near Pantages, some good food and a nifty Starbucks and the underground train), I found it to be a bit sad and dirty, I can more than suggest you give The Redbury a go.
A fantastic first impression of the USA and great start to our trip.

Room Tip: Recommend the Vine Flats for the view - very acoustically sound.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DavidLangGM, General Manager at The Redbury Hollywood, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear AustMat,
Thank you for making The Redbury @ Hollywood and Vine your first stop in the USA! We truly appreciate you sharing this review and were pleased to see how much your enjoyed your apartment-like room and our signature restaurant, Cleo. Enjoy the rest of your trip and we hope to see you again soon!
Cheers,
College Station, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

My wife and I stayed here recently as part of an anniversary trip. The location is great and walking distance to most anything you could really want or need. Valet service was very friendly as was the girl who checked us in. The room itself was fantastic, modern with an "old" vibe to it, spacious and with everything you could need for an extended stay although we were staying for one night. The record player and records in the room was a nice touch and we were greeted with a complimentary CD which we listened too on the drive to the airport the following day. I have one comment/complaint which is really no indication of the hotel itself. We booked a package here that included the parking and two complimentary cocktails at the in hotel lounge. When we arrived we were told that this lounge would be closed for the night because of a wedding. I understand that it is completely OK for someone to have the place rented for a private function but I am certain that the wedding was booked WELL BEFORE we booked out room. Why weren't we informed? In fact the deciding factor between this hotel and another we looked at was the fact that there was a nice lounge on site that we could wind down at after our dinner. It was our anniversary and something I was looking forward to. We also had a room with a nice balcony overlooking the courtyard where we could've sat and relaxed etc. But you guessed it, the wedding was in the courtyard and although we could've sat out there and talked it would've been very rude to intrude on their private event. Other than this oversight, negligence, incompetence...whatever you choose to call it, everything was excellent.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DavidLangGM, General Manager at The Redbury Hollywood, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear Cameron T,
Thank you so much for your honest feedback about your recent stay at The Redbury @ Hollywood and Vine. We were happy to see that you enjoyed your stay despite our oversight in informing you of the wedding in the Library prior to your stay. We apologize for the oversight and hope that you were able to enjoy cocktails at the bar in Cleo. We hope to welcome you back again soon and thank you for taking the time to post this review
Santa Rosa, California, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

My daughter couldn't come home for Christmas as she couldn't get the time off from work. We have stayed elsewhere in Hollywood, but thought we would give the Redbury a try as it was closer and we had heard good things about it. We were not disappointed. I am extremely picky when it comes to good service and I have to say the service at the Redbury was exceptional. We especially enjoyed our rides around town in the house car with Kyle. The rooms at the Redbury are excellent. Spacous and very well appointed. The kitchen has a stove, microwave and refrigerator, all stainless and built in, very europeon. The decor is fun and tastefull and all the rooms come with a record player and a selection of vinyl. The bath only has one sink, but a large seperate water closet and a huge shower. Our room had a great balcony with chair and settee. We will be returning for another stay soon. Only downside, no pool and no spa, but rooms include a free pass to the close 24 hour fitness.

Room Tip: Ask for the Hollywood sign view.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Douglas M,
Thank you for choosing The Rebury @ Hollywood and Vine while visiting for the holidays! We deeply appreciate your kind remarks about your stay at the Redbury and Kyle in valet. A 7 series BMW is a nice way to get around Hollywood if I do say so myself. Our goal is to make our home feel like yours, while providing you with a singular boutique hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.