“Awesome hotel just steps from Hollywood and Vine...”

The Redbury Hollywood
Ranked #15 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
canada
“Awesome hotel just steps from Hollywood and Vine...”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Very cool hotel! We stayed in 501. What an absolutely awesome room!!!
Everything is within walking distance of the hotel, which was great!
The staff were all so wonderful especially the young fella at the front desk, sorry I do not recall your name, Keith maybe?? He was incredibly patient with us even after the zillionth question!
Hats off to The Redbury Hollywood Hotel...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank kac08
DavidLangGM, General Manager at The Redbury Hollywood, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Lac08,
Thank you for your great review of The Redbury @ Hollywood and Vine! The ‘young fella’ from the front desk was named Keith, and I must agree he’s pretty great! Thanks again for your kind words, and we hope to welcome you back next time you are in the area.
David Lang

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 17 August 2014

The hotel fits the atmosphere of the hollywood area and is in a great location. Also the staff was very pleasant, with one exception, and they know the on the surface what they should be doing. But the execution of trying to provide excellent customer service is flawed. For $759/night, I expected more. Here are some examples:

* I called and requested a rollaway bed as soon as I made the reservation. When getting to our room, I noticed the bed was not there. When I called down to the front desk, they were not aware I needed a bed. They handled the situation appropriately on the phone and when asked what time I wanted the bed sent up, I said 7pm. At 7:15pm, I inquired about the bed, and I was told the person responsible for bringing up the bed had just gone on break. It wasn't until 8:15pm that the bed was delivered.

* At check-in, we were informed that the front desk staff were also the concierge, and we were encouraged to use them. After check-in, we took them up on their offer and asked for restaurant recommendations. The first two restaurants they recommended happened to be closed on Sundays, and we were the ones who informed them of that.

* Our package included Internet and breakfast. When we checked in, we were not giving any information on how to utilize either of these two amenities. I had to call the front desk and inquire about the details. Again, the information was quickly given, but I think the hotel missed the mark by not providing the information proactively when we checked in.

* We were in a two bedroom suite, with a third rollaway bed. The room was very cold, but we were unable to find a blanket. When we called the front desk, they told us a blanket would be sent up. I asked for 3 blankets and was quickly told that only one blanket was allowed per room. I become agitated with this, given we had 3 beds, and was told they would make an exception and bring up 3 blankets. However, they only delivered one blanket because that is all they could find in the entire hotel.

* The barista at breakfast was extremely rude and we felt we were not welcome. And, when we finally received the bill, I found out I was charged appx $35. This surprised me because the only thing we ordered above the breakfast that was included was a pot of french press coffee ($6). We asked for a manager to bring up the bill and we were told the manager would be sent up at 9am when she arrived. At 10am, not hearing from anybody, I called the front desk. The manager was there, and informed us she had a meeting that morning and couldn't come up at 9. She quickly resolved the issue, but we shouldn't have had to make the call to the front desk after waiting for over an hour; someone should have called us and let us know the manager would be delayed. As a side note, when we were finally told the reason the bill was $35, we found out the barista had make large mistakes on our bill. She charged us for an extra pot of coffee and we were not credited for my daughter's meal.

* There are food and drinks in the room, but there was not a price list nor was it clear what was complementary vs paid for. For example, there were two bottles of evian water not anywhere near the other snacks and drinks. We thought these were complementary as many hotels provide water. But we were charged for the bottle we opened. We would have opened it regardless, but the perception was negative because we thought it was complementary.

* The second morning, I called down to the front desk to request additional coffee pods. I told them clearly no decaf. The coffee was promptly delivered, but I quickly realized they were all decaf. When I asked for non-decaf, the delivery person told me they didn't think the hotel had any non-decaf, but he would check. A couple of minutes later, they did bring up the coffee pods I requested. Once again, prompt friendly service, but felt like the staff did not listen to me nor had enough supplies.

* The room we had was a noisy from the street / parking lot. This isn't a fault of the hotel, just a warning for those light sleepers.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank anintec
Dear anintec,
Thank you for the thorough review of your time at our hotel. It was great to see that you enjoyed your stay on many levels, and we appreciate the opportunities you presented to further refine our operation as well. If there are any additional details or items that you would like to discuss further, I can be reached at david.lang@theredbury.com
SE London
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed a could of days in July. Beautiful mini suite with a kitchen with fine attention to detail. The room even had a record player and records . The balcony had the best view ever of the Capitol building and for smokers , the balcony was ideal. The bed was comfortable and the furnishings and bathroom were also good. Lots of stuff I the kitchen to buy along with the mini bar but a bit pricey, but that is par for the course, that's not a complaint , more of a warning for those who are tempted by what's on offer . On the ground floor the hotel boast a fantastic restaurant providing middle eastern and Mediterranean cuisine, great location . My only disappointment was that our stay was not LNG enough . I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to LA , it's not a budget hotel, but it's not too expensive either considering the high standard. . Oh and our room vet looked the night club next door , and the glazing is good enough to keep the noise out.

Room Tip: Only stayed once , but if you really want a quiet room , choose a higher floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank fsweeney
Dear fsweeney,
Thank you for choosing The Redbury @ Hollywood and Vine while in Los Angeles! Your kind remarks about our all-suite, boutique hotel are truly appreciated. Thank you for recommending us so highly, and please know, we’d love to welcome you back anytime!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed four nights here and we loved it! Our room was massive and very nicely decorated.
If I really had to complain about something, that'd be the internet: as a matter of principles, I find it hard to pay for the internet in a $400/night room. This being said, I really loved my stay in Redbury.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sandolliou
DavidLangGM, General Manager at The Redbury Hollywood, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear sandolliou,
Thank you for this great review of our all-suite, boutique hotel! We were delighted to see how much you enjoyed your stay. Please take a look at the “specials” page on our website when you are booking your next stay with us as most of those offers include complimentary parking and WiFi.
Cheers,
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I was greatly surprised by this hotel. Very well located on Vine St. and Hollywood Blvd. close to everything in the Hollywood area. The walk of fame goes right in front of the hotel and the famous Capitol Records Bdg. is just across the street. The hotel decoration is a fantasy around the Hollywood artists and actresses lives. The ground floor is a fancy restaurant bar and the hotel starts with the lobby in the second floor. Rooms face either Vine St. or a very beautiful internal courtyard. All the rooms are suites with a large kitchenette, a living area, a wonderful bath area, and the area for the bed. The kitchenette is contemporary looking and well equipped with a two burner gas range, large sink, and large microwave on one side, and a cold mini-fridge and large butcher counter top with 4 tall chairs on the other. This was particularly cool because there is a Trader Joe's one block down on Vine St. and you have the option to eat healthier and cheaper than in all the area restaurants. The living area has vintage furniture. A king size bed is separated from the living area with a chest of drawers holding a large TV screen and a working vintage turntable with a small collection of vinyl albums. The TV could be seen from the living or the bed by turning the screen 180 degrees. I listened to all the albums and it would have been nice to have a way to exchange them for others (I didn't ask if there was a way to have other titles though). The room had also a quite large balcony that, in my case, opened to Vine St. which was really cool. I was also right above the restaurant and could vaguely hear the music, which I liked but could be a nuisance for others. The bathroom was also a nice space integrated to the sleeping area with an enclosed toilet area, a large shower, and plenty of closet space. There is more than a minibar with snacks, drinks, selected nuts, etc. that, of course, are priced 4 times their sale value but, then again, are there if you want them. I did breakfast in the hotel a couple of times. They have a varied menu at reasonable prices, but the attention time may be too slow if there are many people having breakfast. All in all, I enjoyed my stay here. If anything, there were little signs of poor maintenance here and there that indicate a deficient management, unfortunately. For instance, I realized the safe was not anchored the first day and I asked to have it fixed, which didn't happen in my 3 day stay. Other minor things were a loose towel hanger and a poor patching work in the shower tiles. Nothing really important but that will become an issue as more things start needing repair or more elaborated maintenance. Overall, I enjoyed the room and it made my stay better.

Room Tip: Be careful taking the rooms of the 2nd floor in the area right above the restaurant if you can't...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Carlos R
Dear Carlos R,
We really appreciate you choosing The Redbury @ Hollywood and Vine while in Los Angeles. We are ideally located and surround by LA icons like the Hollywood Walk of Fame and Capital Records building. We have a HUGE vinyl collection and are happy to provide different records each day of your stay if needed. Please let us know who some of your favorite artists are and we’ll see what we can dig up for you. It’s great to see that you were able to enjoy the Mediterranean small plates offered by our award-winning restaurant, Cleo, during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Over $300 per night and everything is an extra. $10 for internet. $38 for parking. 15% tax. No fitness center, pool, or free coffee. I would not recommend to a friend. No rooms with two beds available. This hotel is way over priced.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Thomas D
DavidLangGM, General Manager at The Redbury Hollywood, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Thomas D,
Thank you for staying with us at The Redbury @ Hollywood and Vine. We, like all hotels in the area, do charge for our valet parking services; however, here at The Redbury the applicable taxes are included in the price which makes out parking the lowest true cost in Hollywood. We also happily provide complimentary day passes to the 24 hour fitness down the block giving guests access to a full state of the art fitness center. As an all-suite boutique hotel, each of our rooms offers a full European Style kitchen which is outfitted with a Keurig Coffee machine and an assortment of complimentary coffees. The delicious coffee and espresso drinks severed by our talented baristas in Cleo’s Market Bar can be purchased a la carte; however, if you’re looking to have parking, wifi and coffee all included with the price of your room, I would suggest our Peace, Love and Granola (bed and breakfast package). You are correct, we do not have pool on property, but we can provide access to our sister hotel’s rooftop pool in Beverly Hills and are happy to chauffeur you there and back in our 7 Series BMW house car.
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I travel to LA regularly for business and occasionally with my wife and 2 kids. I'm in the Boutique Hotel industry so Im usually quite picky about the details of the hip and trendy spots. However Redbury is hands down our favorite place in LA. The rooms are massive, the service is fantastic and the decor is very hip. To top it off it has one of the best restaurants in town, Cleo. You have to try the brussels spouts.

I stay for extended business so the open kitchen and large work center are perfect for spreading out and getting serious work done. Because it has a kitchen it also allows me to cook breakfast...which I love. It's basically like having a small apartment in the city. There is full living room with pullout couch bed which my two kids stay on when the whole family is in town. The only think missing I think was free wifi in the rooms.. but one cant have everything.

Checkin and checkout were lighting fast and the valet services was painless. Ill be back....

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank scotturbn
Dear scotturbn,
Thank you for continuing to choose The Redbury @ Hollywood and Vine while in Los Angeles. We always appreciate compliments and reviews, but it is particularly gratifying to have them comes from a fellow hotelier. I must agree with you that the size and configuration of the rooms in our all-suite, boutique hotel is perfect for business or pleasure. Please let us know if there is anything we can offer to make your future visits more enjoyable.