“Unique”

Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Small place, so plan on getting there early or plan on waiting in line. You get what the chef gives you ('trust me menu'), so be prepared to be adventurous. Before I went, I heard that the key is the warm sushi rice and it does give a very pleasant contrast with the chilled fish. Not real cheap, but reasonable for downtown LA.

Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

I was intrigued by their "traditional" style advertising of their food. What this means from my observation... simplified traditional sushi dishes being mass produced out of a back kitchen. I have never in my 25 years of sushi dining, been served a sushi dish where the rice was so damn hot! I have had many styles of sushi... this was by far NOWHERE NEAR where they advertised. The only possible saving grace was the fish quality, unfortunately for patrons, they will never be able to tell as the rice's temperature masks any flaws the fish may have... in addition to their OVERUSE of ponzu on their dishes.
NOT MY STYLE

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

I'm not a fan of sushi but this place is good. Very good combinations and choices. Crab and lobster hand rolls are a must. Definitely recommend.

Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

They don't have specialty rolls so I was skeptical at first so I tried the "trust me" and my mind was blow and I'm an avid sushi eater. Definitely recommend

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I dined here recently being an avid sushi lover. Big lunch time rush but we got our food (chef's pick) fast. The fish was fresh, firm, and the rice was warm and sticky. Great experience, great ambiance, great waitstaff.