“Another fabulous stay”
Review of UCLA Guest House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Los Angeles
UCLA Guest House
Ranked #49 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Beautiful updated rooms right on the edge of campus on Hilgard. Comfy bed, a fabulous hairdryer, great shampoo/conditioner too. I will not bother packing those items on future trips. Granite countertops and new furnishings. Some rooms have microwaves and refrigerators. This trip I saw that there is actually a pay washer and dryer available for use too with vending size detergent etc. Continental breakfast served from 6:30 am to 9:30 am daily. Coffee, teas, and hot cocoa available 24 hours a day. Close to the sorority houses and to Sunset Blvd. and easy parking. Easy access to Beverly Hills, Westwood, Bel Air and Hollywood.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank kimporterfield
Joseph R, General Manager at UCLA Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

I am very pleased to learn that you had another enjoyable stay with us here at the UCLA Guest House! Thank you for sharing such a glowing review of our hotel. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not-too-distant future.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

UCLA runs this guest house, so I never expected something so quaint and serene. The staff was amazingly nice, and the rooms were comfortable. Well, except for the beds which were rock hard and not very relaxing. The free breakfast was one of the best I have seen outside of Europe, so good job! The breakfast room needs more seating to accommodate all the people who are eating there. Also, there isn't enough parking for all the guests, and there is a bit of complicated business to get a parking permit for another campus lot… very confusing. Overall, I was very pleased for the price paid.

Room Tip: Ground floor units generally come with a nice little patio, but it may be shared with your neighbors...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank toddinparis
Joseph R, General Manager at UCLA Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent visit to the Guest House. I am happy to learn that you had a pleasant stay with us. I appreciate your comments regarding our wonderful staff, as well as the daily complimentary continental breakfast that we offer. Your comments regarding the seating arrangements in the breakfast lounge, as well as the securing a parking permit will be reviewed. Although we do have a limited number of complementary first come first serve parking spots, it should not be a difficult process if/when a pass is needed for the nearby pay parking lot. I do hope you have the opportunity to visit us again the next time your travels bring you back to UCLA.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We enjoyed staying on campus at this Guesthouse. Reception was friendly and the hotel itself was spotlessly clean. Hats off to housekeeping and maintenance staff. The only room available was a Deluxe Queen Room, which we somehow managed to squeeze a roll-away bed into for one night's accommodation for our family of three. We were able to park the car and walk everywhere we needed to go on campus. We weren't keen on campus food and eventually found our way to Ralph's on Le Conte Ave (a walk of 11 minutes). What a nice supermarket! Breakfast the morning of our departure was nice, but more tables are definitely needed. We missed having a cup of tea in the evening.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank to_wherenext

I am so pleased to learn of your satisfaction with your recent stay at the Guest House. Thank you for taking the time to complement our Housekeeping and Maintenance teams; they do a wonderful job of keeping the property clean and functional. As you mentioned in your review, we are conveniently located in the northeast corner of the UCLA campus, and are within walking distance to many of the university’s academic and business offices, as well as restaurants, shops and movie theaters in the nearby Westwood area. Lastly, I appreciate your feedback concerning additional tables in the breakfast area, and I will look into a solution. I hope to welcome you back in the not-too-distant future.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have stayed at the guest house twice - once when touring UCLA and once when visiting my daughter as she now attends there. It is by far the closest location to the campus (actually on campus) and a good value considering other prices in the area. Breakfast is good - not just breads. There were meat cuts and hardboiled eggs, yogurt, fruit, and granola as well as pastries. Rooms are small and there are no coffee makers in the rooms. Service was great. There were no parking spots when we arrived and the desk clerk moved her car so we could park. We requested an extra blanket and she promptly brought 2. The fan was waking me up at night so I called the desk to figure out how to turn it off, and even though it was after midnight someone answered right away and was able to assist. It was clean and quiet.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Janice S

Thank you for your comments from your recent stay with us at the Guest House. I appreciate your kind comments regarding our daily complimentary buffet breakfast as well as the great service that you received from our associates. Although the staff was able to assist you, I am sorry to learn that the fan from the air conditioning unit in your room woke you up. I rely heavily on our guest comments – positive or negative – so that we may provide the exceptional services and facilities our guests have come to expect. I can assure you, I have followed up with our maintenance department and the noisy fan issue has been addressed. Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you come to visit your daughter here at UCLA!

Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Especially in the Big City LA market this is an excellent value. We were in LA for an on-campus wedding so it was exceptionally convenient. Very friendly staff... If you're lucky and on a space available basis even parking is free. Kudos all around.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank CaPalm

We are so glad that you had the opportunity to stay with us for such an important event as a wedding! I am glad to hear that our friendly staff was able to meet your needs during your visit. We hope that you will be able to return for a future visit sometime soon.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

This place is unique in that it's not really a hotel, but rather a guest house. However, I've stayed at 5 star hotels and was never treated as well there as I was by the staff here. From the moment we checked in (early, as our room was ready), to the moment we left, every single employee said hello, asked us how we were doing and seemed genuinely happy to work there. When we arrived, the housekeeping staff had just finished scrubbing the parking garage floor! It was clean and fresh. The rest of the hotel was equally clean and fresh. The housekeeping staff obviously takes a lot of pride in what they do. The front desk staff was busy but acknowledged us and was courteous and professional, despite having multiple phones ringing and people pulling their attention in multiple directions. The room was not large but was clean, fresh and well appointed. The beds, pillows and linens were very comfortable and the room was quiet, despite the hotel being full and the location being in a busy traffic area. The grounds are well planted and very nice. A good aesthetic to the building, main areas and grounds. All the walls are lined with historic photos of UCLA and the Westwood area.

The only small issue w had was that the trash truck came early and was loud, but we had to wake up anyway.

Breakfast was continental in nature and had a mix of things from fruit and breads to prosciutto, pickles and hard boiled eggs. Assorted juices, coffee, etc. All seemed fresh. Won't do for big eaters, but is a find way to get a nice start to the day. Breakfast area is bright and pleasant. If you want more to eat, there is a student commons just across the street with a grill, deli, barista, etc. as well as a small convenience store.

If you're visiting UCLA this is the best place to stay. It was a quiet, cool spot to return to, after walking all over a hot, busy, crowded campus. As we were leaving early the next morning, the housekeeping staff was arriving for their work day. As we pulled out of the (clean) garage, they were gathering there for stretching and light calisthenics so they could take on their tasks for the day. No wonder they do such a good job! My hat's off to this well run establishment.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank JLC&N
Joseph R, Manager at UCLA Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review from you recent stay with us at the Guest House. I truly appreciate you taking the time to complement our well-seasoned staff, the overall cleanliness of the property and grounds, as well as the daily complimentary continental breakfast that we offer. We are glad that you had the opportunity to be our guest, and we hope to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to the Los Angeles area.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

This hotel is for those with business at UCLA. It is walking distance to most of campus so you can leave your car in the guesthouse parking. The breakfast was mostly breads of different kinds and some fruit, and there was not much seating so that was just ok. The rooms are small with old style bathrooms, but it was functional and clean. Basically, if you want amenities look elsewhere, but if you want to be on campus it is very convenient.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MizzouLizard

I am pleased that you had the opportunity to visit us recently and I thank you for taking the time to share your review. As you mentioned, we are conveniently located on the northeast corner of the UCLA campus, and within walking distance to most academic and business offices. I appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness and functionality of our guest rooms. In addition, thank you for your observation regarding the seating capacity for the complimentary continental breakfast; we will look into this to make it more comfortable and enjoyable for our guests. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Guest House the next time you have business with UCLA.